Jets @ Packers - GameDay Thread - 8/21 3:25 PM

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Pckfn23 wrote:
21 Aug 2021 18:08
Looks like I didn't miss much after half.
No you didn't. Packers have been bad.

Finally got the big QB in. Maybe that will help

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

TheSkeptic wrote:
21 Aug 2021 18:10
Finally got the big QB in. Maybe that will help
Nope :lol:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Not exactly
:lol:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Frankly I don't like what I just watched. Bad tackling by the D. Bad center play after Myers left.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
21 Aug 2021 18:24
Frankly I don't like what I just watched. Bad tackling by the D. Bad center play after Myers left.
99 percent of those guys aren't making the team. Not too worried about it.

Looked good until about the time Myers went out and/or we hit Sterny with the TD.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I thought we played well. Our backups were better than their starters. What did we have, like 1 starter out there?

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

What's with all this post-game hugging by LaCoach? Seems weird.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

texas wrote:
21 Aug 2021 19:55
I thought we played well. Our backups were better than their starters. What did we have, like 1 starter out there?
I agree.

Without AR and the starting OL and Adams and Jones these games are meaningless for judging the OFF.

Same goes on D.

The second half comes down to "the guys who aren't making their team are better than the guys not making our team."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I'd go as far as saying there are not more than 5 guys who played in the 2nd half that will make the 53.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Love calling out the fans at 2:15.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

pretty obvious if JK wasn’t a draft pick we would have another punter by now.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
21 Aug 2021 22:27

Love calling out the fans at 2:15.
I don’t really like that. Call out in the regular season If it’s disruptive fine, but for now...just be thankful they are around after you just played a season without them, and use the noise to practice running the O how things will be when we are on the road.

“Calling out the fans” in the preseason after a year of no fans is lame and ungrateful.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
21 Aug 2021 19:56
What's with all this post-game hugging by LaCoach? Seems weird.
Seriously?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I thought overall this was a good game for the Packers. Our backups (and I mean like 3rd string) are better than their starters.

The Good:

Defense

1. Inside Linebackers - it''s weird that this may be a strength. :shock:
2. Backup DT's - I don't know why Lancaster didn't play, but honestly TJ Slayton and Heflin should be ahead of him by now. Those two are ballers. Kingsley Keke also made a play in his limited action.
3. Eric Stokes - Gave up too much space on a zone coverage but then had a beatiful knockdown on a key down in man coverage.
4. Will Redmond - looked explosive.
5. Gaines and Uphoff - these guys in my mind could seriously be contending to overtake Black and maybe Scott. I think Gaines is ahead (though his TD play SUCKED)

Offense

1. Offensive Line - Night and day from last week. I think Newman did well and Braeden seemed to be a significant upgrade over Kelly at RT. My guess is Kelly makes the squad but I wouldn't be surprised if he is pretty much a healthy scratch every game.

2. Running Backs - We are so loaded at RB. It's absolutely insane. People don't understand opportunity cost and b*tch why we don't have good WR's. Well the opportunity cost is we likely have the best stable of RBs in the league. We are going to have 3 awesome roster spots and Taylor will make Psquad. Dexter Williams is too bad because he is really good too.

3. Benkert - thought he played really well the first half. I hope he stays in GB on the Psquad and maybe elevates to backup next year. Really wish Love would have gotten the opportunity today as our Oline was miles better than last week.

4. Malik Taylor - He stepped up as the #1 WR today and played fantastic. Honestly he is a top 6 WR (he is ahead of Rodgers). My guess is he doesn't clear waivers and will play elsewhere. Our WR group is really deep this year.

5. MVS's personality. I have been watching him this TC and the dude just looks like he is having FUN. This dude is gonna BALL this year.

The Bad:

1. Special Teams - nothing has changed

2. Amari Rodgers - Man for all the hype, this guy really has done nothing. He is sort of the last guy I thought would be torn down by the big lights but that seems to be the case. He looks slow out there and the game appears to be too big for him right now.

3. Kabion Ento When he Tackles - everything else he is good. But lordy when this dude needs to tackle...oof.

4. Isaac Yaidom Not Knowing Playbook - It was like Dejavu watching Black and another inexperienced corner gaffing on a play like last year vs. SF

5. Did I mention Special Teams?

6. Special Teams
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Im Ñot sure that with Amari it has anything to do with bright lights, I just think he may lack the speed to get open without precise route running, and he hasn’t developed that precision yet. I’m not giving up on him, yet I admit I expected to see more explosion in the preseason.

As for special teams, we promoted from within on what was one of the leagues worst coached units. Who expected any different? I didn’t.

You usually just promote from within when a legend retires and he has been grooming a replacement. When a unit is the worst in the league, you usually fire everyone and start over with someone from somewhere else. Wonder how long Draytons leash will be. Ultimately, Lafleur made the decision and hired the guy so whatever happens with STs, how many ever games it cost us...it’s 100% the HCs responsibility.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
22 Aug 2021 09:27
Im Ñot sure that with Amari it has anything to do with bright lights
No last week it was absolutely the bright lights on his punt return that he dropped and then the next one fair caught it with 10 yards open space to run.

That is where I got the bright lights judgement.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
22 Aug 2021 10:08
Drj820 wrote:
No last week it was absolutely the bright lights on his punt return that he dropped and then the next one fair caught it with 10 yards open space to run.

imagine that, the kid was nervous, these two games are the worst PS games I can remember seeing concerning ST's play, the players act like robots.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
22 Aug 2021 08:44
I don’t really like that. Call out in the regular season If it’s disruptive fine, but for now...just be thankful they are around after you just played a season without them, and use the noise to practice running the O how things will be when we are on the road.

“Calling out the fans” in the preseason after a year of no fans is lame and ungrateful.
It's been a big push. Rodgers has talked about it; MLF has talked about it... I mean before there were fans, like in the offseason pressers they talked about it. They are apparently putting the message up on the big screen asking them not to at times. So yeah, I'm fine with it.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
22 Aug 2021 10:08
Drj820 wrote:

Im Just not sure he was ever great to begin with at it. He returned a lot of punts in college his sophomore year, then way less his junior year, and pretty much only when they had to have him back there his senior year (9 total). As for kick returns, he returned 1 his freshman year, one his sophomore year, and then never returned another.

It might just be something we hoped would be his thing, that isn’t his thing.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
22 Aug 2021 11:02
Drj820 wrote:
22 Aug 2021 08:44

It's been a big push. Rodgers has talked about it; MLF has talked about it... I mean before there were fans, like in the offseason pressers they talked about it. They are apparently putting the message up on the big screen asking them not to at times. So yeah, I'm fine with it.
It's pretty sad that Packers fans sit on their a$$ses when the defense is on the field and want to do a wave when the offense is on the field.

Like we take a lot of pride for being a great fan base, but our at stadium atmosphere lags so many other places like Seattle, MN, KC.
Yoop wrote: