False Prophet

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

bud fox wrote:
25 Apr 2020 18:00
dsr wrote:
25 Apr 2020 17:51
bud fox wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:24
There is no defending this draft - egotistical rubbish from the front office.

Rodgers has every right to demand a trade at this point.

This is an organization trying to signal its power to the face of the franchise. Rodgers should give them what they want and demand a trade - there is nothing wrong in doing your best to win all the time. Rodgers best chance of winning is to move on.
I think you're missing the point of this trade. Obviously Love is the man they intend will replace Rodgers - but not yet. Love will replace Rodgers when he becomes better than Rodgers, which if he is as good as they hope, is (at a guess) in the same three year period that Rodgers took to clearly overtake Favre.

Time will tell whether this pick is more stupid or less stupid that the Thompson pick of Rodgers in 2005. Though many people with hindsight would give that pick a lot less criticism that they did at the time.

I just hope Love isn't booed onto the field in pre-season like Rodgers was.
The consensus view was that Rodgers was the BPA - the consensus in this case is that this was a reach. So an initial grade is poor.

The pick is stupid if we intend to have Rodgers for more than 2 years because we get no rookie contract value from Love. I will be shocked if he isn't starting year 3 whether he is good or bad.
That’s complete bull &%$@. That was not the consensus this year.

Read More. Post Less.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

NCF wrote:
25 Apr 2020 18:01
bud fox wrote:
dsr wrote:

I think you're missing the point of this trade. Obviously Love is the man they intend will replace Rodgers - but not yet. Love will replace Rodgers when he becomes better than Rodgers, which if he is as good as they hope, is (at a guess) in the same three year period that Rodgers took to clearly overtake Favre.

Time will tell whether this pick is more stupid or less stupid that the Thompson pick of Rodgers in 2005. Though many people with hindsight would give that pick a lot less criticism that they did at the time.

The consensus view was that Rodgers was the BPA - the consensus in this case is that this was a reach. So an initial grade is poor.

The pick is stupid if we intend to have Rodgers for more than 2 years because we get no rookie contract value from Love. I will be shocked if he isn't starting year 3 whether he is good or bad.
So the consensus was that Jordan Love would be 26th pick or better across all pundits?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

JKB wrote:
25 Apr 2020 15:33
Gutey was definitely all in on the 1st round. His job is on the line with that pick. I love that he just lit a damn fire under the primA donnas nuts!
how is he lighting the nuts of Rodgers, Rodgers has this franchise over a barrel, he could play well below his ability and no way this Love Kid could bench him, basically there is no way to get Rodgers off the field unless he's hurt, and there is no way to force him to do anything.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Yoop wrote:
25 Apr 2020 18:11
JKB wrote:
25 Apr 2020 15:33
Gutey was definitely all in on the 1st round. His job is on the line with that pick. I love that he just lit a damn fire under the primA donnas nuts!
how is he lighting the nuts of Rodgers, Rodgers has this franchise over a barrel, he could play well below his ability and no way this Love Kid could bench him, basically there is no way to get Rodgers off the field unless he's hurt, and there is no way to force him to do anything.
Facts - bench a $30m QB that you just paid is admitting you made a massive mistake.

I think packers are looking forward to 2023 - I will be shocked to see many if any extensions past that year. I think Rodgers will be cut and some big names brought in via FA. Until then it will be stocking up on draft talent for the team at 2023.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

bud fox wrote:
25 Apr 2020 17:50
dsr wrote:
25 Apr 2020 17:44

The problem is that the conclusion you draw bears no relation to the three paragraphs before it. He's drafted Love because he wants to be the best and continue being the best even after Rodgers has gone. If he had wanted to be just good enough, he would have signed a first round draft pick who can contribute now, even if he is only just good enough.
I think you missed the part where he gave up on trying to help the current team win to ensure we have the potential to win in the future.

His decisions to help the team win have been essentially a back up QB, back up RB, back up TE or FB.

This is about winning the Superbowl - that is the best. There is only one team that is the best every year.
So the GM is supposed to only care about the incoming season and not future considerations?

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pugger wrote:
25 Apr 2020 18:17
bud fox wrote:
dsr wrote:
25 Apr 2020 17:44

The problem is that the conclusion you draw bears no relation to the three paragraphs before it. He's drafted Love because he wants to be the best and continue being the best even after Rodgers has gone. If he had wanted to be just good enough, he would have signed a first round draft pick who can contribute now, even if he is only just good enough.
I think you missed the part where he gave up on trying to help the current team win to ensure we have the potential to win in the future.

His decisions to help the team win have been essentially a back up QB, back up RB, back up TE or FB.

This is about winning the Superbowl - that is the best. There is only one team that is the best every year.
So the GM is supposed to only care about the incoming season and not future considerations?
You are in the NCF Championship game the year before - do you pick someone who can help that team now or do you pick someone who may be able to help the team in four years giving you a 2 year window before you need to wear that jacked up salary if they are any decent. This guy literally should not play for 4 years based on management just giving Rodgers a starting extension - they indicated Rodegrs will be starter for that time with that contract.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

bud fox wrote:
dsr wrote:
bud fox wrote:
24 Apr 2020 21:24
There is no defending this draft - egotistical rubbish from the front office.

Rodgers has every right to demand a trade at this point.

This is an organization trying to signal its power to the face of the franchise. Rodgers should give them what they want and demand a trade - there is nothing wrong in doing your best to win all the time. Rodgers best chance of winning is to move on.

After his 2018 season had Love entered that draft he would have gone in the top 10. It isn't foolish to try and get a QB like this when you can. It might be a while before we are in a position to draft a QB like this if we are drafting late in every round again in 2021 and beyond.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

bud fox wrote:
25 Apr 2020 18:20
Pugger wrote:
25 Apr 2020 18:17
bud fox wrote:

You are in the NCF Championship game the year before - do you pick someone who can help that team now or do you pick someone who may be able to help the team in four years giving you a 2 year window before you need to wear that jacked up salary if they are any decent. This guy literally should not play for 4 years based on management just giving Rodgers a starting extension - they indicated Rodegrs will be starter for that time with that contract.
So who should we have taken at # 26 or 30 that would have got us to the Super Bowl this year? I'm not being snarky here but genuinely want to know.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

bud fox wrote:
25 Apr 2020 18:04
NCF wrote:
bud fox wrote:

So the consensus was that Jordan Love would be 26th pick or better across all pundits?
Some of the draftniks thought Love was the 2nd or 3rd best QB in this draft class behind Burrow.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Pugger wrote:
25 Apr 2020 18:46
bud fox wrote:
NCF wrote:

Some of the draftniks thought Love was the 2nd or 3rd best QB in this draft class behind Burrow.
Anyone who thought Love was better than Tua is as stupid as Gute. I can understand Herbert as he is also trash.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

bud fox wrote:
NCF wrote:
bud fox wrote:

For as much as there is consensus on anything, yes.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Apr 2020 19:17
bud fox wrote:
NCF wrote:

I would love to see just 3 big boards where Jordan Love is above 26. OR even above 32 for that matter.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Apr 2020 19:21
Pckfn23 wrote:
bud fox wrote:

I would love to see just 3 big boards where Jordan Love is above 26. OR even above 32 for that matter.
What do you do for this board when I do?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Apr 2020 19:50
lupedafiasco wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

Nothing. If you do find 3 theyre all illegitimate boards made by idiots.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Apr 2020 19:59
Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Apr 2020 19:50
lupedafiasco wrote:

Nothing. If you do find 3 theyre all illegitimate boards made by idiots.
Oh, so now you are putting caveats on this. I will find you six then. What will you do for the board when I do?

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Reputable and there latest big board can be old

Don't want the January big board by Stevie Bob from mothers basement new Mexico

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

This is easy to find, but I am not going to do this for free. When I find 3 reputable Big Boards that have him in round 1 I want something out of it. Preferably something that will benefit the board as a whole.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Apr 2020 20:35
This is easy to find, but I am not going to do this for free. When I find 3 reputable Big Boards that have him in round 1 I want something out of it. Preferably something that will benefit the board as a whole.
After a little investigation you're right I'm wrong.
However we shouldn't lose this opportunity - if you post it yoop won't post until the season starts.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

bud fox wrote:
25 Apr 2020 20:57
Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Apr 2020 20:35
After a little investigation you're right I'm wrong.
However we shouldn't lose this opportunity - if you post it yoop won't post until the season starts.
Oh, I like this. So when I find these Boards, yoop takes the summer off. I'm in! ;)

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Yoop doesn't give a &%$@ how many places rate Love at 26, Love isn't Rodgers, and Love will never be Rodgers, and we snubbed him of a better receiver in one of the best receiver draft classes in the last decade, we sure put him in his place, this has to one of the most idiotic drafts we've had in years, course look at what this GM did last years with the Gary pick, just fking clueless.