Rodgers wants out

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Where will Rodgers play next season?

Green Bay
62%
Cleveland
No votes
Las Vegas
3%
Miami
No votes
Indianapolis
No votes
Denver
32%
Seattle
No votes
Pittsburgh
3%
Houston
No votes
Washington
No votes

Total votes: 34

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Jul 2021 20:10
go pak go wrote:
29 Jul 2021 20:06
And my god is the the most "all in" I have ever seen the Packers. I mean we better win a flipping ring this year.
That's the problem with going all-in. If it fails, it is crushing.
Yeah that's what I was saying to my buddy.

There is honestly a bit of tightness on this season for me. Because I know full well that 31 of 32 outcomes are going to make me look back at this season as a failure.

It's why I wanted a ring last year so bad. It just would have made things easier this year. Relieved some pressure and play with house money.

But yeah my buddy is a Vikes fan who said "quit your complaining....your worst season as a Packers fan was 2015 when you went 10-6."

And I was like I know it's funny right? Like 2006 and 2008 were worse records, but WAY more fun seasons for me. I look at 2022 as being that next "fun" season with low expectations.

But first thing is first. Let's enjoy this one. Because this team is juiced. I don't see a team outside of Tampa and SF who are on our level. I just don't.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:
29 Jul 2021 16:14
Sounding like the latter didn't actually happen.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Jul 2021 20:41
paco wrote:
Oh? Where did you see that? Still have yet to see full details. Not that it matters, except for potential cap help this year.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:
29 Jul 2021 20:48
Pckfn23 wrote:
29 Jul 2021 20:41
paco wrote:
Oh? Where did you see that? Still have yet to see full details. Not that it matters, except for potential cap help this year.
PFT reporting that.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Aaron Rodgers will be the 2nd highest paid player on the Packers in 2022 even if he isn't on the team. :lol:
image.png
image.png (148.13 KiB) Viewed 660 times
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers is real handsy with Lafleur...always poking him, choke holding him, smacking his butt..I guess it certainly shows he likes him, but also seems to be a way to project dominance. I was just thinking how when he does it Lafleur always gives this smile like he’s pretending he doesn’t hate it. I bet he for sure does.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
22 Aug 2021 18:52
Rodgers is real handsy with Lafleur...always poking him, choke holding him, smacking his butt..I guess it certainly shows he likes him, but also seems to be a way to project dominance. I was just thinking how when he does it Lafleur always gives this smile like he’s pretending he doesn’t hate it. I bet he for sure does.
What you as a coach have to do to try and chase a ring.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
22 Aug 2021 19:15
Drj820 wrote:
Haha ya absolutely, I just wonder sometimes if he’s thought “Jordan love never touches my butt...” :rotf:
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Drj820 wrote:
22 Aug 2021 19:16
go pak go wrote:
22 Aug 2021 19:15
Drj820 wrote:
Haha ya absolutely, I just wonder sometimes if he’s thought “Jordan love never touches my butt...” :rotf:
You have to keep in mind that MLF is one of the few people around Rodger's age. Pretty much just coaches.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

How is Love looking? Because my thinking is this: if Love does‘t convince Gute/MLF then the Packers could just bend over, offering AR a new 3-4 years contract and even accept his wishes, because why not if your prospect (Love) looks meh? Could u see such a scenario happen?

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

German_Panzer wrote:
26 Aug 2021 20:03
How is Love looking? Because my thinking is this: if Love does‘t convince Gute/MLF then the Packers could just bend over, offering AR a new 3-4 years contract and even accept his wishes, because why not if your prospect (Love) looks meh? Could u see such a scenario happen?
He looked good in the first pre-season game. Ask us again in a few days. IMO the Packers have drilled 3 holes in the ground in the last 30 years. The first hit silver, his name was Brett Favre. The second hit high grade gold ore, his name is Aaron Rodgers. The third has hit low grade Rhodium ore but drilling continues to see whether there is better grade ore down there. And if you want to understand why I chose Rhodium for Love, check the price per ounce relative to gold and silver.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

You consider HOF’er Brett Favre striking silver? A QB who started 321 consecutive games spanning nearly 2 decades for this team?

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

APB wrote:
27 Aug 2021 07:49
You consider HOF’er Brett Favre striking silver? A QB who started 321 consecutive games spanning nearly 2 decades for this team?
Silver is not cheap. Yes, Farve was a very good QB but he was not Peyton or Brady or Rodgers quality. There are lots of players in the HOF that were good players but I am reserving Gold for the elite, not just very good. Rodgers has been the 2nd best QB of the last 20 years.

Farve's career overlapped with Tom Brady, Joe Montana, Peyton Manning, Aaron Rodgers, Dan Marino and John Elway, all of whom were better than he was. You can make an argument about Farve being better than Elway but many people will also think that Brees, Young and Warner were better than Farve. Just my opinion of course. :lol:

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Guess the reason I don't really like the analogy is the price of silver relative to gold. Gold is worth ~80x more than silver. If AR were that much better than BF, then he'd have many more accolades, including the most important- Super Bowl wins. But he doesn't, because he's not.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

For everything that Brett Favre was and wasn't, he was pretty universally recognized as the best football player on the planet from 1995-1997. We can argue longevity at the top and place among his peers, but let's not ignore how very special that peak was, even if the stats are relatively modest by today's standards.

Read More. Post Less.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

NCF wrote:
27 Aug 2021 10:51
For everything that Brett Favre was and wasn't, he was pretty universally recognized as the best football player on the planet from 1995-1997. We can argue longevity at the top and place among his peers, but let's not ignore how very special that peak was, even if the stats are relatively modest by today's standards.
I think hard core fans like us can sometimes forget how mobile and dangerous (the young) Favre was during that 95-97 period. Like you said, Favre was the best QB in the league during that period. Three time MVP.

Additionally, at one point Favre had the most wins in league history and was the leader is passing yards. And completions and touchdowns. And then the rules for offenses changed and now the season is longer....all the records are eventually broken by someone.

lake shark
Reactions:

Post by lake shark »

The consecutive games one will be tough to beat now that there’s concussion protocol. Maybe Russ Wilson has a chance but he needs to play 9 more years without missing a game. Think about that.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Brett was as tough as any football player ever.

And most of us know darn well that had Brett been under center with a first and goal from the north endzone 8 yard line line ........... he would have either ran for first down, ran for a touchdown, or thrown for a touchdown (or thrown an interception).

I'll take Brett Favre any game just due his toughness, passion, intensity, drive and attitude. Same goes for Bart.

"The spirit, the will to win, and the will to excel are the things that endure. These qualities are so much more important than the events that occur."
Last edited by RingoCStarrQB on 27 Aug 2021 12:27, edited 2 times in total.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
27 Aug 2021 12:04
Brett was as tough as any football player ever.

And most of us know darn well that had Brett been under center with a first and goal from the north endzone 8 yard line line ........... he would have either ran for first down, ran for a touchdown, or thrown for a touchdown (or threw an interception).

I'll take Brett Favre any game just due his toughness, passion, intensity, drive and attitude. Same goes for Bart.
Or run past the line of scrimmage and then throw an illegal shuffle pass...