False Prophet

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Apr 2020 19:59
Pckfn23 wrote:
25 Apr 2020 19:50
lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Apr 2020 19:21

I would love to see just 3 big boards where Jordan Love is above 26. OR even above 32 for that matter.
What do you do for this board when I do?
Nothing. If you do find 3 theyre all illegitimate boards made by idiots.
Not willing to back up your claim Lupe? Not even willing to make an Avatar bet?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yoop wrote:
25 Apr 2020 21:34
Yoop doesn't give a &%$@ how many places rate Love at 26, Love isn't Rodgers, and Love will never be Rodgers, and we snubbed him of a better receiver in one of the best receiver draft classes in the last decade, we sure put him in his place, this has to one of the most idiotic drafts we've had in years, course look at what this GM did last years with the Gary pick, just fking clueless.
This draft was bad and Gute is mediocre but Gary was a good pick.
:twisted:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Yoop wrote:
25 Apr 2020 21:34
Yoop doesn't give a &%$@ how many places rate Love at 26, Love isn't Rodgers, and Love will never be Rodgers, and we snubbed him of a better receiver in one of the best receiver draft classes in the last decade, we sure put him in his place, this has to one of the most idiotic drafts we've had in years, course look at what this GM did last years with the Gary pick, just fking clueless.
I think you need a beer. But I agree. If this draft has any good players from it, it will be from the three 6th rd linemen. Everyone else is trash or a role player.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

One thing I don't get is folks wanting a GM with a killer instinct, the manly man who is willing to make bold moves and walk his own road to win Super Bowls.....but who is also a fan-fearing wimp, who'd pick exactly the players the consensus group-think prefer... :messedup: Does not compute. :idn: :nono:

I fully understand the disappointment this draft. I'm pretty damn bummed myself, but not due to picking Love, who legit could mean we go back-to-back-to-back with great QBs (and I'm #¤%& glad Belichick didn't get him). Love would probably be worse than Tua this year, hence lower draft stock, but I think he has the higher long-term ceiling.

I was more bummed with the following couple of rounds. Gutey said something about being unable to trade up in the 2nd (where the best WR value was). I would've been willing to sacrifice 2021 picks for it. Drafting a RB feels like a consolation price that doesn't really console. Deguara sure hustled and did everything asked of him with great effort, and didn't look as slow as his 40 time, but a TE/FB will have to be hella good to be worth it.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

salmar80 wrote:
26 Apr 2020 03:04
One thing I don't get is folks wanting a GM with a killer instinct, the manly man who is willing to make bold moves and walk his own road to win Super Bowls.....but who is also a fan-fearing sheep, who'd pick exactly the players the consensus group-think herd prefer... :messedup: Does not compute. :idn: :nono:

I fully understand the disappointment this draft. I'm pretty damn bummed myself, but not due to picking Love, who legit could mean we go back-to-back-to-back with great QBs (and I'm #¤%& glad Belichick didn't get him). Love would probably be worse than Tua this year, hence lower draft stock, but I think he has the higher long-term ceiling.

I was more bummed with the following couple of rounds. Gutey said something about being unable to trade up in the 2nd (where the best WR value was). I would've been willing to sacrifice 2021 picks for it. Drafting a RB feels like a consolation price that doesn't really console. Deguara sure hustled and did everything asked of him with great effort, and didn't look as slow as his 40 time, but a TE/FB will have to be hella good to be worth it.
I agree with this analysis. Love may end up being a very good QB. But not addressing the drastic need for a WR in the 2nd or 3rd rounds is not a good decision. Not addressing it at all is asinine. The TE in the 3rd round is especially questionable. The choice of the Martin in the fifth round is reaching way beyond belief. The guy just isn't very good. He is another Goodman. Just another run-stuffer who can't cover.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Yoop wrote:
25 Apr 2020 18:11
JKB wrote:
25 Apr 2020 15:33
Gutey was definitely all in on the 1st round. His job is on the line with that pick. I love that he just lit a damn fire under the primA donnas nuts!
how is he lighting the nuts of Rodgers, Rodgers has this franchise over a barrel, he could play well below his ability and no way this Love Kid could bench him, basically there is no way to get Rodgers off the field unless he's hurt, and there is no way to force him to do anything.
Bakhtiari, who knows Rodgers better than any of us, said on draft night this is going to light a fire under him so much that he's going to go out and destroy the league.

What is Rodgers going to do? Throw his toys out of the pram and ruin his legacy just like Favre threw his toys out of the pram?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

British wrote:
26 Apr 2020 06:21
Yoop wrote:
JKB wrote:
25 Apr 2020 15:33
Gutey was definitely all in on the 1st round. His job is on the line with that pick. I love that he just lit a damn fire under the primA donnas nuts!
how is he lighting the nuts of Rodgers, Rodgers has this franchise over a barrel, he could play well below his ability and no way this Love Kid could bench him, basically there is no way to get Rodgers off the field unless he's hurt, and there is no way to force him to do anything.
Bakhtiari, who knows Rodgers better than any of us, said on draft night this is going to light a fire under him so much that he's going to go out and destroy the league.

What is Rodgers going to do? Throw his toys out of the pram and ruin his legacy just like Favre threw his toys out of the pram?
how did Favre throw anything away, he asked for a trade and eventually got it, and right up till Ted and McCarthy locked the door on him plenty of us here including the founder of this forum wanted to give Favre one more year, and it'll probably be the same for Rodgers, and Bahk's comment makes it sound as though Rodgers hasn't been playing minus the fire, so that just seems like double talk to me, Rodgers receivers dropped more passes last year then any other team, yet Guty wont take a WR from one of the best WR classes in years, his excuse, well he didn't think the receivers where as good as all the other people that know this stuff said they where :dunno:

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Yoop wrote:
26 Apr 2020 07:18
British wrote:
Yoop wrote:

how did Favre throw anything away, he asked for a trade and eventually got it, and right up till Ted and McCarthy locked the door on him plenty of us here including the founder of this forum wanted to give Favre one more year, and it'll probably be the same for Rodgers, and Bahk's comment makes it sound as though Rodgers hasn't been playing minus the fire, so that just seems like double talk to me, Rodgers receivers dropped more passes last year then any other team, yet Guty wont take a WR from one of the best WR classes in years, his excuse, well he didn't think the receivers where as good as all the other people that know this stuff said they where :dunno:
So in what way does Rodgers have the franchise over a barrel? And what is he going to do with it that will undermine the Packers?

Can't see much benefit to Rodgers in him sulking.

And I do think this will motivate Rodgers. He played well in the past with a chip on his shoulder.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

British wrote:
26 Apr 2020 07:53
Yoop wrote:
British wrote:

So in what way does Rodgers have the franchise over a barrel? And what is he going to do with it that will undermine the Packers?

And I do think this will motivate Rodgers. He played well in the past with a chip on his shoulder.
Rodgers is 37, a slight doesn't have the same affect so much when you get older, it simply causes resentments, Rodgers could ( I doubt it) force a trade tomorrow, just refuse to play, and there isn't a thing Guty or Murphy could do about it, except eventually give in.

for years we here that the anomosity between Favre and Rodgers was fading and they even appeared friendly to one another, recently we've heard they've spoken a lot lately, so could it be this situation or the possiblity of it for the increased conversations? maybe Rodgers wanted to here first hand Favre's impression of what the future might bring.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
British wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Where do you get your stats?

Most drops by team in 2019:
Most in league: Bills, Cowboys and Dolphins with 36 drops.
Green Bay Packers drop by team 2019: 24 drops. (22nd most drops in the league...meaning only 10 teams had less drops)

Highest percentage of bad throws in 2019: (this excludes spikes and throwaways)
Detroit Lions with 22.7% of throws were bad throws (most in league)
Green Bay Packers with 21.3% of throws were bad throws (2nd most in league)

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/ ... vanced.htm
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

lupedafiasco wrote:
25 Apr 2020 19:13
Pugger wrote:
25 Apr 2020 18:46
bud fox wrote:
25 Apr 2020 18:04

So the consensus was that Jordan Love would be 26th pick or better across all pundits?
Some of the draftniks thought Love was the 2nd or 3rd best QB in this draft class behind Burrow.
Anyone who thought Love was better than Tua is as stupid as Gute. I can understand Herbert as he is also trash.
The problem with Tua is he can't stay on the field so what good is that?

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

williewasgreat wrote:
26 Apr 2020 05:03
salmar80 wrote:
26 Apr 2020 03:04
One thing I don't get is folks wanting a GM with a killer instinct, the manly man who is willing to make bold moves and walk his own road to win Super Bowls.....but who is also a fan-fearing sheep, who'd pick exactly the players the consensus group-think herd prefer... :messedup: Does not compute. :idn: :nono:

I agree with this analysis. Love may end up being a very good QB. But not addressing the drastic need for a WR in the 2nd or 3rd rounds is not a good decision. Not addressing it at all is asinine. The TE in the 3rd round is especially questionable. The choice of the Martin in the fifth round is reaching way beyond belief. The guy just isn't very good. He is another Goodman. Just another run-stuffer who can't cover.
If MLF wants to us to be a more of a running team then they might not feel WR is as big a need as we do.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Yoop wrote:
British wrote:
Yoop wrote:

Favre "retired" from a team that was one interception away from the SB. He only asked for a trade once MM decided to move on with Rodgers after he changed his mind and wanted to continue playing. I truly believe had Brett not "retired" he would have been our starter in 2008.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Yoop wrote:
26 Apr 2020 08:18
British wrote:
26 Apr 2020 07:53
Yoop wrote:

Rodgers is 37, a slight doesn't have the same affect so much when you get older, it simply causes resentments, Rodgers could ( I doubt it) force a trade tomorrow, just refuse to play, and there isn't a thing Guty or Murphy could do about it, except eventually give in.

for years we here that the anomosity between Favre and Rodgers was fading and they even appeared friendly to one another, recently we've heard they've spoken a lot lately, so could it be this situation or the possiblity of it for the increased conversations? maybe Rodgers wanted to here first hand Favre's impression of what the future might bring.
So you're saying Rodgers could force a trade or refuse to play. Is he likely to do that? As you say, almost certainly not. So not much of a concern is it?

Rodgers has long said he would treat rookie QBs much better than he was treated by Favre. Now is the first test to see if that's true. If there's one QB in the whole league who would understand Love's position it's him.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Just curious Lupe, but how has being pissed at packers management for the last 15+ years been working out for you so far?

You call it mediocrity, but Green Bay has been a consistent winner for the last 25 years, and won 2 Super Bowls in the process, without really going through a dry spell. Yes I know, you want more Super Bowls. It would be a shame to waste the mega talent (that TT wasted the 24th pick on to sit on the bench) with only one super bowl. Somehow through the years the packers have put together a contending team most years without selling out to try to win one In any given year. IMO, that’s also your best chance to go dark, with no guarantee of getting a title out of the deal. I think your unrealistic in what you want from a football team, and wonder if you’ll ever get to enjoy being a packer fan. That sucks for you, but I’ll be ok.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Madcity_matt wrote:
26 Apr 2020 15:07
Just curious Lupe, but how has being pissed at packers management for the last 15+ years been working out for you so far?

You call it mediocrity, but Green Bay has been a consistent winner for the last 25 years, and won 2 Super Bowls in the process, without really going through a dry spell. Yes I know, you want more Super Bowls. It would be a shame to waste the mega talent (that TT wasted the 24th pick on to sit on the bench) with only one super bowl. Somehow through the years the packers have put together a contending team most years without selling out to try to win one In any given year. IMO, that’s also your best chance to go dark, with no guarantee of getting a title out of the deal. I think your unrealistic in what you want from a football team, and wonder if you’ll ever get to enjoy being a packer fan. That sucks for you, but I’ll be ok.
I agree, but we have had this argument with lupe before. Its just his opinion.

Read More. Post Less.

British
Reactions:

Post by British »

Sounds like Rodgers is going to be a great mentor to Love. Just like LeGute said.

Foosball
Reactions:

Post by Foosball »

I’m predicting in about 2.5 - 3 years, there will be a QB controversy and Rodgers will demand a trade.

Also, hopefully this time around the GM will get a high draft pick.
Love is the answer…

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Foosball wrote:
27 Apr 2020 00:07
I’m predicting in about 2.5 - 3 years, there will be a QB controversy and Rodgers will demand a trade.

Also, hopefully this time around the GM will get a high draft pick.
I don’t think Rodgers is traded bu choice. If anything they trade him on their own or real ease him. At no point in time can you bench a QB making that much. I think they attempt the trade in 2 years and ultimately cut him. They eat the 17 mil dead cap as it ultimately saves like 20 mil or so.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

There was no drastic need for a WR, PERIOD. Get over it!

Adams is certainly a top 10 receiver and possibly a top 5. Most teams do not have a single receiver with his ability and production.

Lazard is the perfect WR#2 for the LaFleur O. A big physical receiver with good hands who blocks and picks up 1st downs when targeted. Lazard is exactly what the Packers want as a WR in a play option offense. If you usually run on 1st and 2nd down you are not going to be in 3rd and 10 very often. Lazard is the perfect WR#2 for 3rd down and 4 yards to go. Lazard is the perfect WR#2 to take the CB or a safety out of the play and allow Jones to pick up those same 4 yards.

Add Sternberger and Tonyan or Sternberger and Deguara and you have an O built for picking up 5 yards on every down every time. You have 3 plays to pick up 10 yards, even if the D guesses right or a receiver drops a pass or a lineman false starts, you still move the chains. And keep you D fresh and off the field.

And if someone gets hurt or you get a penalty and are facing 3rd and long you have ESB and Kumerow so you can play 3 WR's. This team has 4 capable WR's, not 1. This team has 4 hybrid WR/TE's with various skills.

Of course this only works if you have a QB who does not miss 25 yards down the field most of the time or throw the ball away after 4 seconds of passing up high percentage short gains. A QB who does not lead the league in throw away passes. A QB who does not get sacked after 3 seconds on 3rd down and 3 yards to go because he changed the play and was looking 25 yards down the field for Adams who is double covered. A QB who does not think that he is still the GOAT when he is now average. And this is where the 1st round pick comes in. Because if your QB refuses to adhere to the game plan and the offensive scheme, there is a place for him on the bench and 2 other QB's perfectly capable of handing the ball off to Jones or Dillon or completing a 6 yard pass to Sternberger or Lazard.

The trial is over, the Judge and Jury agreed, Gute and LaFleur both agreed that the problem was never going to be fixed by drafting a WR who does not fit the scheme nearly as well as the 7 receivers (Adams, Lazard, ESB, Kumerow, Sternberger, Tonyan and Jones) already do, and now add Deguara and Dillon as potential receivers. The verdict is in, the problem is and has been Rodgers for a few seasons now.

And now we can relax. Rodgers is almost certainly going to reinvent himself and stop putting himself and the O into 3rd and long situations. He is going to have fun looking at 2nd down and short most of the time. And we are going to enjoy watching that 2nd down and short be converted most of the time. When Jones and Dillon are not running free through the secondary, Adams and Lazard and Sternberger will be.