Roster Cuts - 8/31 3pm Central Deadline

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Here is the 53.

Just add the Rams punter and it gets you to 53.

https://www.packers.com/news/green-bay- ... nfl-season
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

So Jace comes back week 3, probably drop Hanson, Bak comes back week 7 and you drop who? Maybe Njiman. Still leaves you with 8 lineman.

Other possibilities are an OLB, ILB, or DL.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
31 Aug 2021 17:59
So Jace comes back week 3, probably drop Hanson, Bak comes back week 7 and you drop who? Maybe Njiman. Still leaves you with 8 lineman.

I'm sure injuries will decide by Week 7, but if we stay healthy the first two weeks, I think it's Jace who gets the axe. Something fairly interesting Andy Herman mentioned this morning, the Packers could have cut him already, obviously, but being suspended, they actually will get a cap credit back for those first two weeks. If they would have cut him outright, they get hit with his full guaranteed money left on their cap. Pennies in the grand scheme of things, but I found it interesting that they save cap dollars by putting him on the suspended list and cutting him Week 3.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Gotta be honest, if you don’t have a good cut or someone to put on IR, I say goodbye to Jace. Not impressed with him even a little, on multiple fronts.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
31 Aug 2021 18:01
lupedafiasco wrote:

I'm sure injuries will decide by Week 7, but if we stay healthy the first two weeks, I think it's Jace who gets the axe. Something fairly interesting Andy Herman mentioned this morning, the Packers could have cut him already, obviously, but being suspended, they actually will get a cap credit back for those first two weeks. If they would have cut him outright, they get hit with his full guaranteed money left on their cap. Pennies in the grand scheme of things, but I found it interesting that they save cap dollars by putting him on the suspended list and cutting him Week 3.
I really dont think they cut him just yet. I think they give him one more year.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Also from what I saw, I would have kept Van Lanen or Hansen.

More than likely a moot point inevitably, but you never know.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Van Lanen the only drafted rookie not to make it?

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
31 Aug 2021 18:07
NCF wrote:
31 Aug 2021 18:01
lupedafiasco wrote:

I really dont think they cut him just yet. I think they give him one more year.
Yeah still seems early for that to me unless they just hate him. Most likely what will happen is somebody will be on IR by then and the process becomes easy. But if not, there are many other guys before Jace who would get axed I would guess including Malik, Rivers, Possibly Heflin, or an extra Linemen. We can afford to lose one once we get Bahk back
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
31 Aug 2021 18:06
Gotta be honest, if you don’t have a good cut or someone to put on IR, I say goodbye to Jace. Not impressed with him even a little, on multiple fronts.
I agree he has looked like an on field bust, I just really doubt they punt on a mid third round pic so soon. I mean he has had lots of his own hiccups and bad luck, but even Oren, Jackson, and ESB got to their contract year before they either still made the team (oren), got traded (jackson), or cut (ESB). I think Jace gets this full year to prove what he can be.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

If theyve kept Burks this long they keep Jace.

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

Yiadom makes our final 53, and Josh Jackson makes the Giant's. I'm mildly surprised.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
31 Aug 2021 18:14
BF004 wrote:
I agree he has looked like an on field bust, I just really doubt they punt on a mid third round pic so soon. I mean he has had lots of his own hiccups and bad luck, but even Oren, Jackson, and ESB got to their contract year before they either still made the team (oren), got traded (jackson), or cut (ESB). I think Jace gets this full year to prove what he can be.
Not usually one to say player x is like player y (see my Heflin and Lancaster rants), but jace is like big Bobby Tonyan and bob just has it more between the ears. Just a better drive to be a better football player.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

NCF wrote:
31 Aug 2021 17:29
I knew this was in the cards but still kind of weird

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

salmar80 wrote:
31 Aug 2021 11:23
Drj820 wrote:
31 Aug 2021 11:10
paco wrote:
31 Aug 2021 10:56
Nice, well deserved.
Never learned to separate, too equidistant to the QB as the DBs, too equipollent to win physically. :idn:
Thank you Howard.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
31 Aug 2021 19:00
Drj820 wrote:
31 Aug 2021 18:14
BF004 wrote:
Not usually one to say player x is like player y (see my Heflin and Lancaster rants), but jace is like big Bobby Tonyan and bob just has it more between the ears. Just a better drive to be a better football player.
I see your point and think it is a good one. I just wonder if the Packers would be hesitant to cut bate with Jace in case Tonyan becomes hard to resign due to having another great year. We could quickly go from being in a great spot at TE, to the cupboard being bare again...even after we have put so much into improving the position. I just dont see the value in cutting Jace now, as opposed to letting the season play out and seeing if he can turn his fortune around. I do agree he has seemed like a total dope, but he could redeem himself. I also agree Tonyans work ethic seems much better, but it took Tonyan a few years to blossom also. I dont see the value in giving up on Jace just yet.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

from packers.com

"Twelve players on the Packers' 52-man roster entered the NFL as college free agents."

Stated another way:

22 % of a Championship-caliber roster is made up of guys who were passed over 250+ times by 32 teams - who spent untold millions on college scouting and player procurement. That's absolutely amazing - and a big part of why we all love the NFL.
IT. IS. TIME

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Congrats to Jake Kummerow. He made the 53.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
31 Aug 2021 18:19
If theyve kept Burks this long they keep Jace.
Burks produced on ST, Sterns only production has been shinning a bench, I bet Guty couldn't even peddle the guy for a conditional draft pick, Dequara has already shown that he can do everything better then Sternberger, he's our backup to Tonyan

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I'll be interested to see who all gets an invite to join the PS. Seems near every tweet from yesterday's cuts included the caveat that they'd be a PS candidate.