Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Sep 2021 09:26
off the rails
Yup. Moved the discussion about Cam to the Round Table.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Andrews has obviously been producing more/longer than Tonyan and is a year younger. But something to look at should he put up a big year.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

And just like that, Bakhtiari is underpaid already.

Right tackle with zero postseason accolades and an above average at best PFF grade.

Only thing he has going for him is his youth.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
09 Sep 2021 07:43
Same sentiment for Billy Turner who looked like a massive overpay has quickly become a below market deal.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
09 Sep 2021 08:28
BF004 wrote:
Same sentiment for Billy Turner who looked like a massive overpay has quickly become a below market deal.
Strongly disagree.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
09 Sep 2021 08:30
NCF wrote:
BF004 wrote:
Strongly disagree.
I'm sure you do. Look at RT contracts around the league that have been signed in the past 2 years and get back to me.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
NCF wrote:

Strongly disagree.
I'm sure you do. Look at RT contracts around the league that have been signed in the past 2 years and get back to me.
Turner should be in the back up range.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
NCF wrote:
BF004 wrote:
Strongly disagree.
Must

Stick

To

Agenda

Simply asinine you still think that after the year he just had.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
09 Sep 2021 08:40
lupedafiasco wrote:
NCF wrote:

Strongly disagree.
Must

Stick

To

Agenda

The year where he got all the help and when he couldnt get that help anymore got embarrassed? That year? The agenda is you people trying to justify that horrible signing at every turn.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
09 Sep 2021 08:43
BF004 wrote:
09 Sep 2021 08:40
lupedafiasco wrote:

Strongly disagree.
Must

Stick

To

Agenda

The year where he got all the help and when he couldnt get that help anymore got embarrassed? That year? The agenda is you people trying to justify that horrible signing at every turn.
Doesn’t even make sense. He didn’t ever get embarrassed at RT. He did not do well at LT when tossed into the fire in the playoffs.

Not trying to justify a damn thing, literally zero agenda, zero dog in the fight. I didn’t agree with the signing, I’m rooting for him to do well, because why the hell wouldn’t I?

And completely objectively with no bias, he had a great year and if he performs at that level, 100% more than justifies the contract he was given.

Plenty comfortable dogging on Gute when and if he deserves it and I do. Just simply foolish and kind of makes you look petty and like an idiot to keep pushing this narrative, when it’s basically verifiably wrong.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

People were fake up until the departure of Harrell and Randall as well. No different.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Wow, talk about your red herrings!

Ya, let's not talk about how Turner was actually very good... :roll: instead let's throw up misleading statements about Damarious Randall and Justin Harrell. Neither of which were thought of as actually good, people held out hope that they would become good. On the other hand Billy Turner was/is actually good.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

lupedafiasco wrote:
09 Sep 2021 09:17
People were fake up until the departure of Harrell and Randall as well. No different.
Very different, in fact. People were not real happy with Turner the year before last.

Our opinion of him has shifted solely on the basis of how well he played, and he was demonstrably good last year. You assume it's an agenda/belief thing because that's how YOU have formed your opinion of him. :lol:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The Packers are going to be forced to keep Sternberger for the entire season, even if they dont need him at all...while they wait to see if Tonyan prices himself out of their 2022 cap capabilities. Tonyan is still very under valued around the league, a big year and his price point could sky rocket beyond Mark Andrews new precedent setting number.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
09 Sep 2021 12:03
The Packers are going to be forced to keep Sternberger for the entire season, even if they dont need him at all...while they wait to see if Tonyan prices himself out of their 2022 cap capabilities. Tonyan is still very under valued around the league, a big year and his price point could sky rocket beyond Mark Andrews new precedent setting number.
I know. Tonyan and MVS are two players I would have zero problems with giving a 3 year extension before the season. But that also means those guys need to agree to it too.

We have some 2018+ players I really want to make sure we get locked up.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I don't think Tonyan will price himself out; even the most pricey TEs are a bargain in the big scheme of things. MVS could because WRs are expensive, especially if they are tall, fast, and make plays downfield.

But I really doubt we will have much buyer's remorse if we pay Bobby. He's ascending, has the talent to be a top player at his position, he will be a big help for the new young starting QB, and --perhaps most importantly-- the Kubiak/Shanahan scheme MLF runs and receiving TEs go together really well. To me, he's a high priority re-sign.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Labrev wrote:
09 Sep 2021 12:18
But I really doubt we will have much buyer's remorse if we pay Bobby. He's ascending, has the talent to be a top player at his position, he will be a big help for the new young starting QB, and --perhaps most importantly-- the Kubiak/Shanahan scheme MLF runs and receiving TEs go together really well. To me, he's a high priority re-sign.
With Adams confirming that there is "no chance" of him signing an extension before the season, I am strongly leaning toward signing MVS and Tonyan now, for less money combined than Adams would command, and letting the Adams chips fall where they may. Still would be happy with either outcome, but I am fairly convinced we're in an "Adams OR MVS and Tonyan" situation and I want to roll the dice on ascending youth rather than pay the top of the market.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I would be fine losing Tonyan. Depends on how much he wants but I’m really high in Deguara and I do think one more camp for Stern will be big for him. I think there are tools to work with but he got a late start being a juco kid and only playing a year of high level ball at A&M. Dad way in top of that puts together a good group.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
09 Sep 2021 12:21
Labrev wrote:
09 Sep 2021 12:18
With Adams confirming that there is "no chance" of him signing an extension before the season, I am strongly leaning toward signing MVS and Tonyan now, for less money combined than Adams would command, and letting the Adams chips fall where they may. Still would be happy with either outcome, but I am fairly convinced we're in an "Adams OR MVS and Tonyan" situation and I want to roll the dice on ascending youth rather than pay the top of the market.
I completely agree.

And honestly, WR's outside of Jerry Rice have what...2 to 4 years of prime production and performance in their career? We are likely going to get most of those years as it is (2019 - 2021). I have no doubt that Adams will be successful in 2022 - 2024 wherever he plays, but I also believe making him the highest paid player will be more about paying for past performance than continued ascension.

I think we are better served going elsewhere and enjoy the heck out of Adams's last season as a Packer.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
09 Sep 2021 13:52
I would be fine losing Tonyan. Depends on how much he wants but I’m really high in Deguara and I do think one more camp for Stern will be big for him. I think there are tools to work with but he got a late start being a juco kid and only playing a year of high level ball at A&M. Dad way in top of that puts together a good group.
I gotta say. I'm a little surprised about your comments regarding Billy Turner and calling others here sheep or whatever term you want for Harrell and Randle but then on the same side you showing the confidence you are showing in Sternberger who deserves even less praise than Justin and Dumbarious.
Yoop wrote: