Packers @ Saints GDT - 9/12/2021 3:25 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Over/Under (Vote for the Over, please vote for first option)

Poll ended at 12 Sep 2021 09:26

Packers wins 0.5 (Vote for this to get an accurate count)
19%
Aaron Jones 85.5 total yards
13%
Davante Adams 6.5 catches
13%
Smiths + Gary 1.75 sacks
15%
1.5 takeaways by D
12%
Bojorquez 41.5 net average
10%
Packers score 27.5
13%
Saints score 22.5
3%

Total votes: 97

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
13 Sep 2021 02:04
Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Sep 2021 20:56
The team was not prepared to play football today, plain and simple.
If you are a serious contender you ARE prepared to play football when the season starts.
Who cares if we are a contender. Just beat the Lions.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
13 Sep 2021 05:32
German_Panzer wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Sep 2021 20:56
The team was not prepared to play football today, plain and simple.
If you are a serious contender you ARE prepared to play football when the season starts.
This is the mentality I hope the team quickly returns too. Bc I believe they were thinking about a return to NFCCG and what to do when they got their, more than they were thinking about playing the Saints on Sunday. Packers need to hop off the cool golf carts and exotic sports cars and grab a hard had and lunch pale and think a little more blue collar.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
12 Sep 2021 22:17
Waldo wrote:
12 Sep 2021 19:14
Rodgers looked a lot like Fare did in his final game as a Packer.

Really didn't appear to want to be there, barely interacted with anybody but a few vets.

The team wasn't the slightest bit fired up to play... the very first game.

Things better right in a hurry, because the Jordan Love clock is now officially ticking. What happens if/when they are eliminated from the playoffs? You can't cut an injured player. 2-3 more losses in a row and whispers will turn into roars. Could an 0-4 or 0-5 start prompt an in-season trade?

They made is seem like things were all good, water under the bridge, throughout camp, but doesn't appear to be the case at all, Rodgers may have physically showed up, but he isn't there mentally.
Rodgers and others again admitted they weren't up for this game. They thought they were hot &%$@ and would walk all over them. This has been a trend with this team.
Not gonna lie. Sh*t like this really makes me not like this team.

They just seem really emotionally weak.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
13 Sep 2021 05:38
go pak go wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:

This is the mentality I hope the team quickly returns too. Bc I believe they were thinking about a return to NFCCG and what to do when they got their, more than they were thinking about playing the Saints on Sunday. Packers need to hop off the cool golf carts and exotic sports cars and grab a hard had and lunch pale and think a little more blue collar.
I have absolutely hated watching that damn golf cart. Like I get work should be fun, etc. but ultimately I had to convinced myself that Adams, Rodgers, MLF, etc knew what they were doing and were happy with their camp results.

I mean we got destroyed by such an inferior team. If lupe complains about the Packers not addressing talent needs....whooof! Just look at the Saints! Those talentless bums showed us talent don't matter.

But I agree. Stop thinking about SB. Stop thinking about playoff seeding or returning to the title game.

Just beat the freaking Lions. It's a long season.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

And I feel bad for every sorry chap who paid hundreds of dollars to go to this game.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I know this is probably an overreaction...unlike my terror related to the defense and joe barry....but I am also scared of what I am seeing with Aj Dillon.

So far (admittedly small sample size), the games we are already ahead and whipping a team, we start handing to Dillon a fair amount and he looks good. The main purpose to hand it at this time is just to burn clock.

When we actually really need a bruiser, when running the ball 3 yards is hard...but not impossible...we seem to completely forget we have the guy. We refuse to settle in and do anything that is hard...even if overtime it is somewhat working. I hate it!!

I continue to not be sure who to blame for this...is Lafleur forgetting to call Run plays? Is Lafleur calling a run play and Rodgers is checking out of it? Same question I’ve had for a while.

Finally, the weakness that it shows is immeasurable when as soon as we get down 7 or 10 or 14 and there is plenty of time left, and we start throwing the ball every down as if it’s fourth quarter and we are down 24. Seriously, we show no patience...take ourselves out of our game plan, and pretend we can get it all back in one play. It’s maddening!

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

go pak go wrote:

That's the spirit, but tell me a SB winning team that got manhandled in such fashion ever. Because if you are a team that wants and believes in your SB chances you go into a season much more determined than what we saw from the Packers. But then let's go to Detroit and beat the Lions and go from there because what is the alternative? Our team certainly has to talent to turn it around.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Choosing to look at very little this week, to try to stay away from office discussions about it, and not watch NFLN. Wait until next week and start to get a full gauge of what happened.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

German_Panzer wrote:
13 Sep 2021 06:17
go pak go wrote:

That's the spirit, but tell me a SB winning team that got manhandled in such fashion ever. Because if you are a team that wants and believes in your SB chances you go into a season much more determined than what we saw from the Packers. But then let's go to Detroit and beat the Lions and go from there because what is the alternative? Our team certainly has to talent to turn it around.
The bucs lost 38-3 to the Saints in early November last year lol

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Drj820 wrote:
13 Sep 2021 05:45
I know this is probably an overreaction...unlike my terror related to the defense and joe barry....but I am also scared of what I am seeing with Aj Dillon.

So far (admittedly small sample size), the games we are already ahead and whipping a team, we start handing to Dillon a fair amount and he looks good. The main purpose to hand it at this time is just to burn clock.

When we actually really need a bruiser, when running the ball 3 yards is hard...but not impossible...we seem to completely forget we have the guy. We refuse to settle in and do anything that is hard...even if overtime it is somewhat working. I hate it!!

I continue to not be sure who to blame for this...is Lafleur forgetting to call Run plays? Is Lafleur calling a run play and Rodgers is checking out of it? Same question I’ve had for a while.

Finally, the weakness that it shows is immeasurable when as soon as we get down 7 or 10 or 14 and there is plenty of time left, and we start throwing the ball every down as if it’s fourth quarter and we are down 24. Seriously, we show no patience...take ourselves out of our game plan, and pretend we can get it all back in one play. It’s maddening!
The Packers are a soft team for the last decade. That means they go with stats rather than with guts. I am sure MLF would tell you that what he does is based on stats and that those stats suggest to play the way they play. What such a young coach underestimates is the big picture because it makes your team soft. Those tough 6 yards against the odds you run & done into the face of some defense gives you swagger as an offense, but if you never do it, you'll never succeed in it and never get that swagger. MLF plays too scared, too analytical. He needs more savageness in his play-calling once in a while.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
go pak go wrote:

That's the spirit, but tell me a SB winning team that got manhandled in such fashion ever.
I mean if you want to split hairs...no the Giants didn't lose by 35. But the 2007 Giants are not that far off a story early in the season as what the Packers put on film yesterday. (it was us who destroyed them by the way)

The thing about the 2007 Giants is they continued to suck the rest of the year.

Another example was the 2020 Saints vs the Bucs. The Saints beat the Bucs 38 to 3 and 34 to 23. The Saints took the Bucs lunch. And then the Bucs did their horse sh*t in the postseason.

Now do I think this team will be a repeat of the Giants or Bucs? No. Do I think this team is SB any longer? No I don't.

But for the sanity of my fanhood, I am honestly not thinking about February. That is not going to be fun for me to fan. Why would I think about February? Why would I want to look at the end of this season? The last season of this era (not last dance...this team don't deserve that title).

I want to have fun. So I will cheer for these softies who have no backbone when they are down more than 1 score regardless.

But yes. Their reputation preceded them yesterday. They are soft.
Last edited by go pak go on 13 Sep 2021 06:29, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Drj820 wrote:
13 Sep 2021 06:21
German_Panzer wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Well that's good because I do not wanna be right, I wanna be wrong and my team to go all the way. No idea though if this loss was as lopsided as ours (injuries, key play calling,...).

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
13 Sep 2021 06:27
Drj820 wrote:
13 Sep 2021 06:21
German_Panzer wrote:

Well that's good because I do not wanna be right, I wanna be wrong and my team to go all the way. No idea though if this loss was as lopsided as ours (injuries, key play calling,...).
Last I checked 38 to 3 is as lopsided as 38 to 3.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

MLF: "We believe Kevin King is one of the best press man cover corners in the league. He's as good as it gets when he gets his hands on you."

Joe Barry: *let's put Kevin King in soft coverage*
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

resting all our defensive starters with a brand new DC and new defensive schemes, same with the offense made us look like a seller dweller, hope this puts a chip on every ones shoulder responsible for this fiasco.

me thinks we should have ponied up the asking price for Leonard, Barry looks way out of his element.

but again, a team needs to practice at full strength against near equal talent to perfect what they are trying to do, we did none of that with our starters on both sides of the ball, and thats what we saw last night, busted plays and mass confusion, that stuff is fixable, what worry's me is the play of our offensive (no pun intended) line, these guys need to pull together or we need some changes.
Last edited by Yoop on 13 Sep 2021 06:45, edited 1 time in total.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
13 Sep 2021 06:34
resting all our defensive starters with a brand new DC and new defensive schemes, same with the offense made us look like a seller dweller, hope this puts a chip on every ones shoulder responsible for this fiasco.

me thinks we should have ponied up the asking price for Leonard, Barry looks way out of his element.
You have been on a role of good posts lately Yoop. Once again, you are correct. It was foolish and arrogant to not play hardly any starters for at least one quarter of a preseason game with a brand new DC. It was also foolish to not play the New OL together for at least one quarter. The team that was more ready to play kicked the crap out of the team that wasn’t ready. Makes sense.

Now here is a tough question: you saw early in the game on 4th and 3 where we were clearly in punt territory rodgers just looked over to Lafleur and was like “cmon let’s go for it”. Then Lafleur obliged and had to call timeout bc he was never planning on going for it before Rodgers demanded it. Then we got it which was good but..my point is...do other players just tell Lafleur what they wanna do and he obliges? Lol

Did Lafleur think it would be good for the starting OL to get some preseason snaps but they all him they weren’t feeling it and he was like, okay I guess.

I don’t like seeing Lafleur bow to the wishes of others, I for sure hope everyone’s not making their own demands

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

go pak go wrote:
13 Sep 2021 06:30

Nah, it depends. A 38-3 with no main injuries or lopsided play calls is different to some 38-3 where your hit with bad luck and calls. You know what I mean. But actually your comparison to the 2007 Giants gave me hope again. Unlike you I cannot enjoy the game without constantly looking at the big picture (SB odds).

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
13 Sep 2021 06:40

I don’t like seeing Lafleur bow to the wishes of others, I for sure hope everyone’s not making their own demands
I get it, but you can't be happy that MLF has built this great locker room with a "leadership committee" and knows how to listen to players and be respected by players but then at the same time not like that he listens to players.

My biggest grip with MLF is the same as it was for MM in 2017 and 2018 with Aaron Jones.

GIVE THE BALL TO AJ DILLON. MLF has got to figure out what to do when teams play us 2 high. And the thing is...we have a counter for it.

His name is AJ Dillon.
Last edited by go pak go on 13 Sep 2021 06:50, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

German_Panzer wrote:
go pak go wrote:

That's the spirit, but tell me a SB winning team that got manhandled in such fashion ever.
Uh, 2020 Bucs lost 38-3 to the... Wait for it... Saints.

Ya... So about that...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
13 Sep 2021 06:41
go pak go wrote:
13 Sep 2021 06:30

Nah, it depends. A 38-3 with no main injuries or lopsided play calls is different to some 38-3 where your hit with bad luck and calls. You know what I mean. But actually your comparison to the 2007 Giants gave me hope again. Unlike you I cannot enjoy the game without constantly looking at the big picture (SB odds).
I mean to be fair, if you want to look at this game, the Saints scored on a lucky 4th down inside the redzone. The Packers had two turnovers inside the 10. The Saints had a INT called back due to a terrible call.

So that 35 point win gets erased by 28 points pretty darned quick on 4 plays that just REALLY went the Saints way.
Yoop wrote: