Lions @ Packers GDT 9/20/21 7:15pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Over/Under (Vote for the Over, please vote for first option)

I don't know yet....
44%
Pending...
22%
Paco got lazy
33%

Total votes: 9

paco
Reactions:

Lions @ Packers GDT 9/20/21 7:15pm CST

Post by paco »

:lions: Detroit Lions@ :packers: Green Bay Packers

Monday, September 20, 2021 - 7:15 CST
Packers vs. Lions spread: Packers -10.5
Packers vs. Lions over-under: 50 points
Packers vs. Lions money line: Green Bay -265, Detroit +225

Lambeau Field

Green Bay, WI

TV:
https://506sports.com/nfl.php?yr=2021&wk=2

Play-by-Play: Steve Levy
Color Commentary: Louis Riddick, Brian Griese
Sideline Reporter: Lisa Salters

Weather:
http://www.nflweather.com/en/game/2021/ ... at-packers

Dope Sheet:
coming...

JustJeff wrote:Packers 38
Lions 17
Last edited by paco on 20 Sep 2021 09:29, edited 2 times in total.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

No panic after week 1. Home opener on Monday night. If they aren't up for this game, I'll start to worry. Lions will play everyone tough every week. They are out to prove they aren't the doormat everyone says they are. Can't overlook them.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
13 Sep 2021 12:31
No panic after week 1. Home opener on Monday night. If they aren't up for this game, I'll start to worry. Lions will play everyone tough every week. They are out to prove they aren't the doormat everyone says they are. Can't overlook them.
Yeah our next 3 games honestly are pretty brutal with Detroit, San Fran and Pittsburgh.

One at a time.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Glad the preseason is over, ready to get this 16 game season underway.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
13 Sep 2021 12:59
Glad the preseason is over, ready to get this 16 game season underway.
Yep, the Packers will have nothing to complain about this year. No one will have competed in a 17th regular season game.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wow ya did this Paco faster then I could type out excuses for not doing it :aok:

I love the pictures, specially the :rotf: one with the Detroit lber celebrating and twisting his ankle

the Packers my not have anything to complain about, but we fans will never have a shortage of complaints, personally I like to complain about the zebra's, that roughing the passer on Z yesterday was atrocious.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
13 Sep 2021 13:23

the Packers my not have anything to complain about, but we fans will never have a shortage of complaints, personally I like to complain about the zebra's, that roughing the passer on Z yesterday was atrocious.
I'm just hoping we got our sh*t call out of the way for the season.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
13 Sep 2021 13:28
Yoop wrote:
13 Sep 2021 13:23

I'm just hoping we got our sh*t call out of the way for the season.
me too, as bad as we played the officials where are equal, lots of OL holding and arm grabbing all day, really hard to over come some of that, that penalty on Z whipped out a great turnover, and set them up for another TD, the zebras took a giant crap on us. :twisted:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Sounds like Savage should be ok and play this week (shoulder). Deguara is in the concussion protocol.
RIP JustJeff

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

10.5 point favorites? Idk about that

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

texas wrote:
13 Sep 2021 21:06
10.5 point favorites? Idk about that
Home team, home opener, against the Lions, and Rodgers after a bad game. Makes total sense.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Lions best receiver a TE against our LBs. Could be another struggle on defense.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

bud fox
Reactions:

Post by bud fox »

Really hope to see more out of Gary this year. 12th pick in the draft going into his third year - we should expect more.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

bud fox wrote:
14 Sep 2021 02:23
Really hope to see more out of Gary this year. 12th pick in the draft going into his third year - we should expect more.
When you are only told to rush the passer 16 times and you get 4 hurries and 2 QB hits, you are doing almost everything you can do. He needs more opportunities.
RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I have been meaning to make this point all offseason and never really got around to it. The Packers were BAD in Week 1. Aaron Rodgers was uncharacteristically bad. I fully expect him to bounce back, but, question...

Did any player in the NFL benefit more from playing in empty stadiums last year than Aaron Rodgers?

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
14 Sep 2021 08:15
I have been meaning to make this point all offseason and never really got around to it. The Packers were BAD in Week 1. Aaron Rodgers was uncharacteristically bad. I fully expect him to bounce back, but, question...

Did any player in the NFL benefit more from playing in empty stadiums last year than Aaron Rodgers?
If was definitely a benefit but the stadium this weekend was maybe 1/3 full and dominated by Packer fans so I don’t think that should have anything to do with Rodgers performance. He was just awful and the game plan wasn’t much better.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Rashan Gary played 37 snaps or 60% of the defensive snaps. PFR has him at 2 pressures including 2 QB Knockdowns.

Preston Smith had 38 snaps or 61% of the defensive snaps. PFR has him at 1 pressure including 1 QB Knockdown. 4 solo tackles, 1 assist.

Za'Darius Smith had 18 snaps or 29% of the defensive snaps. PFR has him at 1 solo tackle and 1 missed tackle.

Garvin had 27 snaps or 44% of the defensive snaps. Didn't make it on the box score at all.

Rivers had 11 snaps or 18% of the defensive snaps. Didn't make it on the box score at all.

Some of Garvin and Rivers playing is garbage time when we yanked the starters.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Sep 2021 08:22
NCF wrote:

If was definitely a benefit but the stadium this weekend was maybe 1/3 full and dominated by Packer fans so I don’t think that should have anything to do with Rodgers performance. He was just awful and the game plan wasn’t much better.
Yeah, I wasn't making an excuse for Week 1, but looking ahead for the rest of the season.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
14 Sep 2021 08:26
lupedafiasco wrote:
14 Sep 2021 08:22
NCF wrote:

Yeah, I wasn't making an excuse for Week 1, but looking ahead for the rest of the season.
I think it's pretty universally known that one of the largest advantages Rodgers has is his hard count. The seasons and games where he excels with it are generally his best games because it gives him the opportunity for the long ball risk free. I mean 2014, the first 4 games of 2015 and last year were probably the best we ever saw with Rodgers's hard count and all those games he was lethal.

To have the hard count, he needs a quiet stadium and a Center who is on the same page. He had all of those ingredients last year.

Our offense most definitely has a history of struggling when on the road in loud environments.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff