Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
12 Sep 2021 09:28
Yoop. If you would read, you would see I put myself in that group of fans being morons. Because fans are stupid and fans have very limited information.
"Robert Tonyan is going to get cut" (again fans are morons with such extreme language and everyone here will deny they said it...maybe I even said it. Who knows).
I wouldn't be surprised if Sternberer is cut. I wouldn't be surprised if he stays on the 53.

I certainly wouldn't be comfortable stating, "let Tonyan walk because we have Sternberger and I got a gut feeling he will be good" but I also find it ridiculous to state he is in no place worthy of a roster spot because of the 6 snaps we saw of him compared to the 3 snaps we saw of Deguara in preseason.
like I said, If Sterns was ever fast or quick it seems the injury robed him of that athleticism, cause he now looks slow, which seemed evident with all 6 plays in PS, Deguara plays much faster imo, we'll see how this plays out.

and fans are not stupid, just because we/they don't know as much as Ted Thompson or other people who's career is football doesn't make them STUPID you arrogant jerk, same as people that don't spell a players name right, or don't feel like taking the time to get it right on a freaking forum you moron.
Last edited by Yoop on 12 Sep 2021 10:04, edited 1 time in total.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I always liked Tonyan's developmental potential and never liked the Sternberger pick and loved the Deguara pick and my dynasty league transaction logs verify all of that over the past three years :)

So I feel like everything is working out almost exactly as expected.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
12 Sep 2021 10:01
I always liked Tonyan's developmental potential and never liked the Sternberger pick and loved the Deguara pick and my dynasty league transaction logs verify all of that over the past three years :)

So I feel like everything is working out almost exactly as expected.
Yes you did. I will say you have been consistent on all three of these fronts. Though I believe you even admitted that Tonyan blew your expectations out of the water in 2020.

But I do specifically remember you asking people why they were so high on Sternberger but not on Tonyan? It was a popular thing going into 2020 that Tonyan wouldn't make the squad with Stern, Lewis and Deguara as our 3 TE's and you pumped the brakes on that hard.

But you are right on a lot of things. Most things actually. Except Christian Kirksey. I'm gonna put that one as a Loss. ;)
Last edited by go pak go on 12 Sep 2021 10:18, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

You guys talked me into keeping Sternburglar around when I wanted to YEET him and now that I want to hang onto him, you guys are saying he's expendable!! :messedup:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

First place bitches

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

There is nothing to brag about being in first place in a division that doesn’t have a win. Especially when you scored the least. And even more embarrassing when you haven’t even scored a touchdown.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

lupedafiasco wrote:
13 Sep 2021 01:06
There is nothing to brag about being in first place in a division that doesn’t have a win. Especially when you scored the least. And even more embarrassing when you haven’t even scored a touchdown.
First place = Last place. Right now the Packers are in last place. They got blown out in front of their fans.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

TheSkeptic wrote:
13 Sep 2021 03:17
lupedafiasco wrote:
First place = Last place. Right now the Packers are in last place. They got blown out in front of their fans.
No excuse to lose this. They get a neutral field that had more Packers fans than Saints. The Saints missing their best receiver. They lost their in game. They had a CB and DT suspended. They were missing a CB and the other was hurt and in and out of the game.

The Packers were missing Bak... The Packers had entirely too many advantages in this game to not even score a TD. Just one of the worst performances Ive ever seen from the Packers. Usually the offense or defense shows up but tonight they were both about as bad as it gets.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
13 Sep 2021 09:08
We have all seen this story before to likely predict the rest of his career. Stinks rookie season. Has "strong 2nd season TC" and ruptures achilles....

That's too bad.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So playing against scrub CB's again next week.

Wonder if anyone will get open.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

BF004 wrote:
13 Sep 2021 10:47
So playing against scrub CB's again next week.

Wonder if anyone will get open.
Yes, it seems whenever we play teams with injured CBs we make their backups look like all-pros.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

NFL Network's Tom Pelissero reports five Saints assistant coaches have tested positive for COVID-19.

All of the infected coaches are fully vaccinated. That means they could return to the team before the Saints take on Carolina this Sunday. Meanwhile, the team has entered enhanced COVID-19 mitigation protocol, per leagues rules. All staffers and players will be tested daily for COVID and will be required to wear a mask. Fantasy managers should monitor the team's COVID outbreak throughout the week.
Don't be surprised if we see a COVID spillover to the Packers roster.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Did anyone watch the ESPN 2 broadcast of MNF?

It has the Manning Brothers just watching the game on a couch, doing ridiculous sh*t and spewing ridiculous knowlege. I had no idea this was a thing but they might be onto something here.

I think Aaron Rodgers and Charles Woodson would be insanely good at this too. You have to find the smart players. I find it so refreshing to have QB's and smart people do these types of roles because they go beyond the simple, cliche talk that literally all other former athletes do. Like NBC Sports Net could have their own version for SNF. I'm excited about this.

I will say this. I don't think i would watch it if the Packers are playing because I want to watch the Packers, but this is great for games when your team isn't playing so you can just learn about the game, the league, etc. This is the type of elevated production sports needs to get into. It is why the "smaller Youtube" channels are succeeding because they are filling a hole that the broadcasters aren't. SportsCenter is lame. We don't want that anymore. We can get highlights anywhere. We need higher level production and I like where this is going.

Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

great stuff, thanks GPG, I'll have to remember to watch the Manning show.

McAfee's mentioned something I've thought concerning why we never spend big bucks at ILB, thats because we scheme or have used schemes that feature safety's versus ILB's, he remarked how Elli ( and other QB's) would play head games back and forth with the Mike lber who usually wears the mic and calls alignments on defense, then said unless you have a Savage, who if memory serves was Mic'd for some of our games last season, now maybe it's do to us having young guys at ILB, but again it seems to me we did that some with Burnette years back as well, probably do to both playing some hybrid lber, though I don't remember using Savage that way :idn: interesting to hear his explanation concerning Elly or Payton pointing at Rice having the Mic and Ray yelling back, I don't have it, lol, then Payton telling Ray he has 12 men on the field, about 3 times, and Ray calling a time out, thats so funny. :clap:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

from Go Long by Ty Dunne

https://www.golongtd.com/p/russell-wils ... -a-mission

"If fans knew how unbelievably close the Seattle Seahawks were to trading Wilson to the Chicago Bears, their heads might pop. We touched on this during the offseason — right here in a takeout on the Bears’ QB odyssey — but it bears repeating: Chicago thought this was a done deal. Chicago was convinced it was acquiring Wilson. I couldn’t dig up the exact parameters of the deal but Bears GM Ryan Pace was willing to part with just about any amount of assets and believed he had himself a trade.

Schneider was ready to move on. Schneider and Wilson’s agent have a poor relationship and this is a GM who does not operate in fear. He was willing to move on for hefty compensation while also getting Wilson’s contract off the books without too much dead money. It’s also true that all GMs dream of building a winner around a quarterback on a cheap deal — Schneider, for a moment, was also able to warm Carroll up to the idea of life post-Russ."

pretty amazing
IT. IS. TIME

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Stop me if you have heard this before...

Read More. Post Less.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

NCF wrote:
17 Sep 2021 12:52
Stop me if you have heard this before...

The Chargers were the last team he should've gone too. Awful injury luck that team has!

Not going to help my Chargers/Packers Super Bowl pick.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

TheSkeptic wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
Y’all really have trouble with jokes, huh?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
18 Sep 2021 10:56
TheSkeptic wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
Y’all really have trouble with jokes, huh?
haha, this is not a happy place right now, :thwap: