Lions @ Packers GDT 9/20/21 7:15pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Over/Under (Vote for the Over, please vote for first option)

I don't know yet....
44%
Pending...
22%
Paco got lazy
33%

Total votes: 9

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Z not practicing today. Will still have limited snaps until he can practice every day.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Didn’t realize Patrick was on there.

Man, JRJ looking to start, not last years OL, lol.

Entire interior OL combining to 2 career starts.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
16 Sep 2021 13:01
Didn’t realize Patrick was on there.
Apparently got rocked on the Love fumble (last play on offense).

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I hope JRJ can hang onto the job. I get why you go with Patrick at LG with two rookies at C and RG (vet experience), but I don't like him there, and he doesn't seem to be playing that well this year. At least Runyan can be a player -- and if he looks good at LG, we can move Jenkins to RT and be "set" at both spots for a while.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Savage doesnt seem very interested in tackling so he should be good to go. As always it will come down to how Rodgers plays. This game will tell us wether his heart is in it or not.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Not sure if either/both will be active on MNF, but brothers Amon Ra St. Brown ( # 14) and EQ St. Brown (#19) will be in attendance on opposite sidelines for the national broadcast

EQ had a big game vs Detroit previously, I'm sure he is itching to get back out there

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGJHJDCFUp4
IT. IS. TIME

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Labrev wrote:
16 Sep 2021 13:13
I hope JRJ can hang onto the job. I get why you go with Patrick at LG with two rookies at C and RG (vet experience), but I don't like him there, and he doesn't seem to be playing that well this year. At least Runyan can be a player -- and if he looks good at LG, we can move Jenkins to RT and be "set" at both spots for a while.
The word was JRJ didnt make the leap they thought he would year 2. Patrick beat him out not bc of exp but bc he outplayed him

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Monday night at home is a “Get Right” game for sure. If we roll and “get right”, we will be able to exhale and say “okay, we are tied for the division lead at worst, leading the division at best, and we have everything in front of us”

If we lose, it will be 75% time to panic with the 25% of hope being our division sucks. If we lose, we then look forward to playing San Fran and Pitt the next couple weeks.

The importance of this next game cannot be overstated in terms of setting a tone for a season
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
17 Sep 2021 04:19
Monday night at home is a “Get Right” game for sure. If we roll and “get right”, we will be able to exhale and say “okay, we are tied for the division lead at worst, leading the division at best, and we have everything in front of us”

If we lose, it will be 75% time to panic with the 25% of hope being our division sucks. If we lose, we then look forward to playing San Fran and Pitt the next couple weeks.

The importance of this next game cannot be overstated in terms of setting a tone for a season
I want to be optimistic after this game because I want each game to be fun and me have fun this year, but I don't think there will be much learned from Detroit either way. Either a win or a loss honestly.

I expect to handle Detroit quite easily. They should handle them easily. The next game that is big for GB for me is honestly about SF. That is a place we have never won at when the 9ers have been legit at the time since I believe 2002.

Beating Detroit and then going to Santa Clara on a short week and winning in prime time...now I am excited again.

But Detroit is first on the list.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
17 Sep 2021 07:17
Drj820 wrote:
17 Sep 2021 04:19

I want to be optimistic after this game because I want each game to be fun and me have fun this year, but I don't think there will be much learned from Detroit either way. Either a win or a loss honestly.

I expect to handle Detroit quite easily. They should handle them easily. The next game that is big for GB for me is honestly about SF. That is a place we have never won at when the 9ers have been legit at the time since I believe 2002.

Beating Detroit and then going to Santa Clara on a short week and winning in prime time...now I am excited again.

But Detroit is first on the list.
I actually disagree. I think the game is pretty significant, and it is perfect that we are playing a manageable team like Det as opposed to "finding out who we really are" so soon in a game against say SF. If we win big, the lions are still a NFL team. The team will be able to take a deep breath and say "ahhh...we are 1-1 and tied for the division lead, Rodgers played well, things felt more like they should, and we totally memory hole the Nola game now."

The game wont "tell us who we really are" if we win, but thats okay. It can show this team that they actually can be who they thought they were just a few short weeks ago.

However, the main thing in terms of importance of the game is what happens if its ugly, or we lose. As much as Rodgers doesnt want to panic after week one, and i get it..it will be time to turn up the panic meter to about 3/4. I mean if we lose this one, we can easily be 0-4 or 2-6 by week 8. So the importance of the game to me is to be able to get a win on the score board and move on with some new confidence.

After the way they played in Nola, we no longer have the luxary to just assume week 2 will be a victory, but we do have a good opportunity to get a victory.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
17 Sep 2021 08:01
So the importance of the game to me is to be able to get a win on the score board and move on with some new confidence.
So Week 2 is like any other game then. ;) But yeah it's all about stacking Stacking Success.

My whole point is beating DET and then losing bad to SF one week later won't really mean much because we could say we beat on a weak team but got destroyed by two good teams. How do I know that? Because I've read this forum a LOT. I know how people react. :lol:

Losing to Detroit but then beating SF makes your feel maybe they finally figured it out. It took Tampa some time last year to get it going too.

I pretty much think all games are equal (I mean duh) but this in particular seems to be more about the response of week 3 than it is about week 2. At least for my own comfort and excitement. First things first to stack success. Gotta win week 2 to be able to stack success for week 3.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
17 Sep 2021 08:24
So Week 2 is like any other game then. But yeah it's all about stacking Stacking Success.
No, I think if you lose week two the train goes off the tracks. If you win it delays the time between seeing if the train is going to stay on the track or not. There are many weeks where a loss doesnt have as much emotional consequences as this one would. Its like losing to AZ in 2018 :P

:lol: :lol:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/detroit-li ... 22134.html

Article on Jamaal Williams, One of my favorite players in the NFL

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Drj820 wrote:
17 Sep 2021 08:36
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/detroit-li ... 22134.html

Article on Jamaal Williams, One of my favorite players in the NFL
I was going to bring the Williams article earlier, glad to see him doing well, however if our RB's stumble, or get injured, and Willy runs for a 1000 yrds this year the peanut gallery will be screaming that we let another great player slip away again :lol:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
17 Sep 2021 08:27
Its like losing to AZ in 2018 :P
Quite honestly one of the best days in Packers history.

No joke. :P
Yoop wrote:

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Relax, Run the table. whatever. Play a good game beat an average, at best team and move on to the next one.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Z to the IR. I'm fine with Preston and Gary but after that is scary.

Still pack play fine and bounce the Lions. 35 16

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Gameday!!!

Let’s get it get it!

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Yep start fast and bury em early. If week 2 taught us anything its week 1 is in the rear view.