Lions @ Packers GDT 9/20/21 7:15pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Over/Under (Vote for the Over, please vote for first option)

I don't know yet....
44%
Pending...
22%
Paco got lazy
33%

Total votes: 9

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

This Packer team should already have a chip on their shoulder, after last week. If they come out and underperform, I'll take that as good sign that this team doesn't have its' stuff together - again.

They should win tonight. But then, they should've showed last week too.
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

12% of teams who start 0-2 make the postseason.

42% of teams who start 1-1 make the postseason.

This was a graphic on FOX yesterday during the Bears Bengals game.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Saints and Bills 2 good examples that this is a week to week game and fortunes can change very quickly.

I think the Lions gunna come to play; but if we bring it, we’ll crush them.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I think the lions defense is pretty bad. I fully expect to be able to run the ball and probably pass it too fairly easily. I am most interested in the defense. Will we be able to stop Swift and Jamaal? Will we make Goff look like Prime Drew Brees? If the Lions score on us often, I see that as a worse/bigger omen than anything we will learn tonight from the offense.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I am incredibly nervous tonight for tonights game. I think this offense will be better but I fully expect this defense to look awful again. There wasnt a single thing to like about last Sundays game on that side of the ball and the only strengths of the Lions offense are our weaknesses. We need to come out fast in this one.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I had a really bad feeling about last week's game and picked the Saints to win 31-10.

Not so for this game, I pick the Packers to win 31-28. However that score would not exactly inspire confidence in the Packers ability to make it to the playoffs much less to the SB. What I would LIKE to see is 31-3 Packers but that is wishful thinking

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

If we don't win by 3, nah, make that 4 scores we should just start tanking games, trade Rodgers, Adams, Z, and Bakh for draft picks, bring back Dom Capers, should even consider FO shake ups, :rotf:

whether we win or lose this game does not determine who this team is or will become going forward, some of you sound as though your standing on the balcony waiting for the stock market to crash :rotf:

GO PACK GO :aok:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

you can say what you want if the packers start the year by getting whipped by the saints and then lose to the lions at home, with games against the niners and steelers up coming...you can count me in as a fan that will be concerned.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Yoop wrote:
20 Sep 2021 10:24
If we don't win by 3, nah, make that 4 scores we should just start tanking games, trade Rodgers, Adams, Z, and Bakh for draft picks, bring back Dom Capers, should even consider FO shake ups, :rotf:

whether we win or lose this game does not determine who this team is or will become going forward, some of you sound as though your standing on the balcony waiting for the stock market to crash :rotf:

OK. I'll bite - what IS going to determine it?

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Half Empty wrote:
20 Sep 2021 12:22
Yoop wrote:

well for a decade or more we have tended to start slowly, yes we won, however rather then dominating, we just won, and often just barely, then as the season unfolded we got better, and my impression has always been that we started vanilla, only showing teams enough of the playbook necessary to win the game, now last year under Lafluer we seemed to open the whole playbook from the first game on, now this year back to very basic stuff, course this could be do to any number of things, sitting all the starters for PS games, Rodgers and others aborting the off season, or we simply didn't game plan NO very well, who knows, but we have to talented a roster not to improve week to week, and it's a long season.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
20 Sep 2021 13:33
Half Empty wrote:
20 Sep 2021 12:22
Yoop wrote:

well for a decade or more we have tended to start slowly, yes we won, however rather then dominating, we just won, and often just barely, then as the season unfolded we got better, and my impression has always been that we started vanilla, only showing teams enough of the playbook necessary to win the game, now last year under Lafluer we seemed to open the whole playbook from the first game on, now this year back to very basic stuff, course this could be do to any number of things, sitting all the starters for PS games, Rodgers and others aborting the off season, or we simply didn't game plan NO very well, who knows, but we have to talented a roster not to improve week to week, and it's a long season.
Attachments
always sunny.jpg
always sunny.jpg (9.21 KiB) Viewed 280 times

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

If we get BTFO again tonight, then it's safe to say that this team is a POS. I would be shocked if this happened.

If we blow them the FO, then this team might be called "resilient."

Regardless, it's tough to draw any conclusions about a team's identity this early on in the season.

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

go pak go wrote:
20 Sep 2021 07:43

The extra game skews that stat. :munch:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Cdragon wrote:
20 Sep 2021 14:39
go pak go wrote:
20 Sep 2021 07:43

The extra game skews that stat. :munch:
I think the extra playoff team skews it more than the extra game.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Read More. Post Less.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Sep 2021 09:19
I am incredibly nervous tonight for tonights game. I think this offense will be better but I fully expect this defense to look awful again. There wasnt a single thing to like about last Sundays game on that side of the ball and the only strengths of the Lions offense are our weaknesses. We need to come out fast in this one.
I'm not all that sure the offense will get it together either. :| If the OL plays lousy again and the D can't step up its gonna be a long night. :(

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NCF wrote:
20 Sep 2021 15:05
Odd

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Man, just insane around here how low the energy is, this forum, twitter, the city of Green Bay, is right now heading into our first division game in a last dance style season.

I'm there with ya'll, nice 4 TD night from Rodgers and 5 sack (2+ from Gary), multiple turnover game by the D, would hopefully change all that fast.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Wait, the new guy Hamilton takes Z's spot. How did we have room for EQ?
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev wrote:
20 Sep 2021 17:28
Wait, the new guy Hamilton takes Z's spot. How did we have room for EQ?
I believe you can elevate a PS player to the active roster each week.