Lions @ Packers GDT 9/20/21 7:15pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Over/Under (Vote for the Over, please vote for first option)

I don't know yet....
44%
Pending...
22%
Paco got lazy
33%

Total votes: 9

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

bud fox wrote:
21 Sep 2021 00:38
Great win - this is a good team when out in front.
Wow. Strange world when bud fox is more optimistic about the team than I am.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
21 Sep 2021 06:22
Scott4Pack wrote:
21 Sep 2021 06:00
I didn't watch today. Any chance the D was holding back in the first half?

I wondered if "no pressure" and no run defense was about vanilla scheme. Some might've mentioned that. Maybe they keep some scheme under wraps til next week.
Im ñot trying to be a hater but the lions just lioned. They went for it on a fourth down and Goff threw it to someone covered when two others were wide open, then we scored again and they lost balance and stopped running the ball. Next, it started raining and little hands Goff imploded. Bad throws, fumbles, etc. Once we got the lead they became the bad news bears trying to catch up. I like the defense got to have some fun, but I’m not convinced they are “healed”
I agree. Especially on defense, I feel Detroit more failed than GB imposed their will. The real bright spot on defense is Stokes and Campbell. Stokes has been getting targeted a lot and so far he is delivering which is awesome. Not surprising opposing QBs are testing Stokes. If he keeps it up, they are going to have to think twice.

But overall still disappointed in our basic run defense and attitude. Rashan Gary man. I mean he is the exact counter argument right now to "it's not about sacks but pressures" Gary is starting to get pressures, but he needs to put himself in better position to be finish or at least impact the play better. We are letting opposing QBs run at will. And this season we have Murray, MaHommes, Jackson, Mayfield, Wilson...I mean QBs that will just destroy these ends by getting 80 yards on the ground.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

What are your guys' thoughts on Runyan/Patrick now? Patrick had to deal with better players than Runyan. But Runyan had the better game (not perfect by any means). 1 or the other is still going to be playing for another several games yet.

I've been one of the bigger cheerleaders for Runyan. I'd like to see them stick with 1 of the guys to get some consistency in these games until Bakh comes back. To me, it should be Runyan for now unless he really starts to screw up.
RIP JustJeff

Waldo
Reactions:

Post by Waldo »

lupedafiasco wrote:
21 Sep 2021 00:13
I hope Jones necklace is found. My first deployment I had a necklace with my fathers ashes I kept in a storage unit because I was scared to lose it in the desert. I came back to my unit being robbed and never got it back. It’s the only thing in the entire world I consider priceless and would trade everything for. I hope he gets his back.
If there was one place in the world to lose it though, there are certainly worse places than the end zone at Lambeau. I mean, plenty of people would have their ashes spread there if they could, lol.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Sep 2021 23:51
Pugger wrote:
20 Sep 2021 23:47
Drj820 wrote:
20 Sep 2021 22:05
Rodgers corny commercials are better received after he’s wrapped up a victory :lol:
That ad with him trying to look like a rock star is pretty bad. :messedup:
I actually find that one funny. Like he’s playing off the whole dirty musician look and doesn’t look like himself. That’s how I take it at least.
:lol: The way he is wearing his hair and the scraggly beard that does look like himself.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

I want to give our defense some credit for that 2nd half. D-line started to get some pressure (just read Clark had 5), stopped the run better, and guys like Stokes and Campbell made some big plays.

The Lions, despite not having Decker, have a pretty darn good O-line. Sewell seems to be the real deal and Ragnow is a hell of a center. It wasn't just the Lions being the Lions (who tend to play better late anyway). Our guys came out and improved. Still a lot to improve, but the arrow is pointed up, and I'm going to be happy about that.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

paco wrote:
21 Sep 2021 07:40
What are your guys' thoughts on Runyan/Patrick now? Patrick had to deal with better players than Runyan. But Runyan had the better game (not perfect by any means). 1 or the other is still going to be playing for another several games yet.

I've been one of the bigger cheerleaders for Runyan. I'd like to see them stick with 1 of the guys to get some consistency in these games until Bakh comes back. To me, it should be Runyan for now unless he really starts to screw up.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:
21 Sep 2021 08:31
paco wrote:

I was just going to post this because it highlights the flaws with PFF and their need for instant grades. I don't mind using them or looking at them, but there are flaws. The Brockers sack was on Runyan as it was a crossing stunt by the DT and Brockers. Runyan need to pass his man off to Jenkins and pick up Brockers, but didn't.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I think King on the inside in any sort of nickel package could actually work pretty well. Hes physical enough to not be afraid to make a tackle and he probably wouldnt be going up against the opposing teams top options. I think he is better than Chandon or whoever else we might put in that spot. I like Stokes and Jaire as the top 2 corners, but King in when Sullivan would be...alot.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
21 Sep 2021 08:37

Burks needs an asterisk there. Only 2 defensive snaps. But apparently they were quality snaps.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I, Dillon at FB, Jones at TB!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:
21 Sep 2021 08:43
Burks needs an asterisk there. Only 2 defensive snaps. But apparently they were quality snaps.
Hmm, wonder why they went away from including quantity in the grades...

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
paco wrote:
paco wrote:

I was just going to post this because it highlights the flaws with PFF and their need for instant grades. I don't mind using them or looking at them, but there are flaws. The Brockers sack was on Runyan as it was a crossing stunt by the DT and Brockers. Runyan need to pass his man off to Jenkins and pick up Brockers, but didn't.
I was thinking this too when I read "Runyan didn't allow any sacks"...I was like that Brockers sack was completely on Runyan.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Detroits DL isn't highly rated but our rookie filled interior OL did pretty well, opened a few run lanes and other then a few times kept Rodgers pretty clean.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
21 Sep 2021 08:46
Pckfn23 wrote:
paco wrote:

I was thinking this too when I read "Runyan didn't allow any sacks"...I was like that Brockers sack was completely on Runyan.
Same here. I thought he had a really good game, but that play stood out.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
21 Sep 2021 08:48
Detroits DL isn't highly rated but our rookie filled interior OL did pretty well, opened a few run lanes and other then a few times kept Rodgers pretty clean.
They aren't, but there are some quality players in their front 7. McNeill will be good. Brockers, Flowers, and Collins are all good and know how to find the QB. They did a good job against them overall.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
21 Sep 2021 08:53

Read More. Post Less.