Here's Johnny!! (Drying tears in Lion mane) DET Wk2

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

salmar80 wrote:
20 Sep 2021 22:23
Jones seems like a shoo-in, but some of the TDs were easy peasy due to playcalls and blocking making 'em so.

I can't remember our last legit ILB interception, much less one at a sideline... Campbell has a case.
Blake Martinez Week 17 in 2019 at Detroit. But that was a horrible pass and down the field.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

Jones no doubt. Already picking Lazard again next week.The guy earns his money.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

salmar80 wrote:
19 Sep 2021 09:09
Papa John wrote:Image
You can pick anyone you wish, but just remember the bolder the pick, the better[/b] (ie, picking AR is a safe choice, but you're only likely to win if he does something historic).
Aaron Jones may be the obvious pick, but consulting the rules of Here's Johnny, we find this, and frankly Aaron Jones has a game like this about 3-4 times a year.

One guy who stood out to me was De'Vondre Campbell. But since nobody picked him, I guess I'll still go with Aaron Jones

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

You know what? The running game worked. The passing game worked. I pick the Oline.

Honorable mention to Stokes. When they got that useless King out or inside and put in Stokes, the D was a lot better.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Jones opened up the passing, and had 4 TD's he gets my vote

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Hard to pass on 4 TD, but Eric Stokes pretty easily for me.

Read More. Post Less.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Since I can't vote for Jones, I would vote for Stokes. He exceeded my expectations.

After that, I would give 2nd place to Campbell and 3rd place to the O-line.

Fun fact: Jones is the first Packers' running back to have 3 receiving TDs in a game since 1942
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

salmar80 wrote:
20 Sep 2021 22:23
Stokes with at least three tough pure 1-1 wins that prevented a TD and at least one 1st down. IF he wasn't at fault for the miscommunication TD, he may get the vote.
I didn't think he was... and he wasn't.

Read More. Post Less.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yep, I vote Stokes. Jones's 4 TD game is certainly worthy of a vote, since it's impressive even by his standards, but he's an established star player due to having had similarly dominant performances. And, it's the Lions D he ran all over.

If what MLF said is to be believed, Stokes actually didn't give up a catch, and had like 4 PBUs to go with that. I did buy the hype on Stokes, yet lockdown play from the rookie in Week 2 definitely went above my expectations, and that kind of game is a dominant performance from any CB.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I will reserve my Stokes is a lockdown CB talk when he plays a team that doesn’t have the worst WRs in the league.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I thought the Packers had the worst WRs in the league? 8-)
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

oh, I didn't say he *is* a lockdown CB. I said that he *was* lockdown (yesterday), and that I would not have expected that kind of play from the rookie this early, even against the Lions' passing game. Their QB and WRs may not be special, but those are still NFL-caliber players.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Thanks [mention]NCF[/mention] !

My vote goes to Stokes. I want boundary corners who win 1-1s. Stokes won his vs the Lions. They tested him, and he made 'em pay.

Will he win 100% of those vs better WRs and QBs? Naah, and he'll have his rookie moments. But it gave me hope.

Jones scored a lot, but really didn't need to do anything special to achieve it. Sorry! :hide:

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Stokes coming up on the outside!

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So by my count so far:

Aaron Jones has 8 votes
Eric Stokes has 6 votes
Offensive Line has 1 vote
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lulu
Reactions:

Post by lulu »

Stokes gets my vote. Low expectations, high results.

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

Stokes
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

I originally picked the Oline with Stokes as Honorable Mention.

To break the tie, switch my vote to Stokes

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I expected Stokes to start against NO, and he should have, so obvious in TC that he was better edge corner, I expect what we saw from him Sunday will be normal, so I can't switch my vote to him over Aaron, yes he does produce a 100 + yrds a lot, but he's the only RB to catch 3 passes for TD's in 40 years, and he carried this team to victory Sunday

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Ok....it's Stokes. Keep up the good work Stokes.