Packers Waive Sternberger

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
22 Sep 2021 08:12
lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Sep 2021 07:55
BF004 wrote:
22 Sep 2021 07:20
Doesn’t matter, I didn’t like the signing 30 months ago, therefore it is bad and he is bad.

Looking at the crazy last few RT contracts handed out, whether dumb luck or planned that he is a better tackle than guard, but he should have gotten a much bigger contract.
He was absolutely awful his first season. Last year he was bad but better than the first year. This season so far as been his best year but he hasnt been tested either. The Saints put Cam Jordan inside and had Davenport on Jenkins. The Lions are a joke. This week will be the real test for me as he will face Armstead and Ford. He gets through this he will have turned a corner.

Dude absolutely got his ass whipped and was exposed in the NFCC.
He was not bad last year, that is verifiably false, by several metrics, grades, coach comments, commentators, scouts, Twitter, this forum. Isn’t true just because you want it to be true. The fact that you just double and triple down on that false narrative really makes me question any credibility you’ve built up over the years.

And yes, he was not good at all at LT in the NCF Championship games. He is not a LT.
You guys can say what you want. He led the team in pressures allowed in 2019 and 2020. He consistently got helped last season on chips and when those chips went away he was BAD.

This is nothing new to me. I have gotten used to the Packer player pedestaling on this board. It always takes at least 4 years for people to catch on.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

He consistently got helped last season on chips and when those chips went away he was BAD.
This wasn't true last season at RT and it isn't true this season at RT.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Sep 2021 08:42
He led the team in pressures allowed in 2019 and 2020.
He did? Who is counting these pressures?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
This is nothing new to me. I have gotten used to the Packer player pedestaling on this board. It always takes at least 4 years for people to catch on.
Some of what you say is true. Turner was not good in the NFCCG. Neither were a lot of other key players on our team. The thing is, I bet you were leading the Davante Adams is a bum charge and calling for his head in 2015 and probably still in 2016, as well. Some guys do turn the corner.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

NCF wrote:
22 Sep 2021 08:53
lupedafiasco wrote:
Some of what you say is true. Turner was not good in the NFCCG. Neither were a lot of other key players on our team. The thing is, I bet you were leading the Davante Adams is a bum charge and calling for his head in 2015 and probably still in 2016, as well. Some guys do turn the corner.
I absolutely called Adams a bum and he deserved all the criticism he got. He was basically J'Mon Moore. I was never on board with cutting a 2nd round pick though on just year 2. I'm never for cutting rookie deals early. I have said on many occasions I was wrong on that one but if we are all being honest he was dreadful and it still doesnt make any sense to me how you sprain an ankle and forget how to catch the ball. Its a sports medical mystery.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Saying someone isn't bad (when they aren't) isn't pedestaling

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Now is the time to pick up an autographed Sterny card on eBay for around $10.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
22 Sep 2021 09:04
NCF wrote:
22 Sep 2021 08:53
lupedafiasco wrote:
I absolutely called Adams a bum and he deserved all the criticism he got. He was basically J'Mon Moore. I was never on board with cutting a 2nd round pick though on just year 2. I'm never for cutting rookie deals early. I have said on many occasions I was wrong on that one but if we are all being honest he was dreadful and it still doesnt make any sense to me how you sprain an ankle and forget how to catch the ball. Its a sports medical mystery.
he played hurt half the season, injury's ruin timing, critical to being at the catch point on schedule, that lack of consistency was the biggest issue with Adams that year, I remember plenty of fans thought Adams was a bust that season, so you had plenty of companions in that house.

it is the same issue with MVS, however he's pooching it full strength, route timing means everything, if ya don't run it consistently hows a QB to know where to throw the ball, I'am more then convinced that Adams sprained ankle led to a lot of of his issues.

in fact this Bears game I think was the only one that he had a bunch of outright drops, most of the rest where either to far in front or behind, basically out right misses, James Jones dropped everything Rodgers threw to him in that game (6), why fans bailed on Adams knowing he was injured didn't make sense to me.

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sport ... /76485210/

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Billy Turner pretty much sucking in denver, and sucking during his first year as a packer, and then upgrading himself to “versatile and somewhat competent” is a testament to our OL coaching staff. I tip my cap to Adam Stenavich.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

There is a difference between calling out a player for playing poorly based on past performance and calling a player a bust before the player has a chance to prove himself and projecting that early data to support management sucks agendas in nearly every thread.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
22 Sep 2021 11:38
Now is the time to pick up an autographed Sterny card on eBay for around $10.
Alexander Hamilton makes me happier than a Jace Sternberger signed card. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Turner was versatile and somewhat competent in Denver. He struggled in his first year here. He has been good at RT since.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Jace didn't get claimed.
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:
22 Sep 2021 16:13
Jace didn't get claimed.
PS here he comes?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
22 Sep 2021 16:16
paco wrote:
22 Sep 2021 16:13
Jace didn't get claimed.
PS here he comes?
That's my guess. The Packers said they wanted to have him on the Psquad if available.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Could be one of those things where, you are at peace with cutting ties, figured he’ll be claimed. Now you are kind of like, &%$@, not sure I wanna cut anyone on the ps for him.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Damn
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Don’t think I’ll ever lose a wink of sleep over this action.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Jace did the smart thing. Pick a team where you will get activated as soon as you learn the playbook. That wasn't going to happen in GB, the only way he would have been activated is if Tonyan got hurt.

Now lose the extra 10 pounds the Packers told you to gain to improve your blocking.