2021 Dynasty League Discussion

Cheesy topics (like the Cheese Curds thread) go here. Topics that aren't Packer related will be moved here as well.

Mmmm.... cheese.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

I thought about burning my #1 waiver for him, but I don't really have cuttable guys and fully expecting houston to draft a qb high or trade for one

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Madcity_matt wrote:
22 Sep 2021 14:13
but I don't really have cuttable guys
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

Packfntk wrote:
22 Sep 2021 15:13
Madcity_matt wrote:
22 Sep 2021 14:13
but I don't really have cuttable guys
It ain't easy being the champ.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
22 Sep 2021 07:57
3 claims in for Davis Mills.

Kind of surprised not more. Should have been, any rookie ever getting a start is a golden opportunity.

Was pist when I saw I was 7 on waiver priority, knew he would never drop.
Remember when I traded to get a pick to draft him and then cut him? Meh. Don't think it'll matter long term. :idn:

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Put two guys on the block, Woods and Parker.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Packfntk wrote:
20 Sep 2021 06:59
Just can't play anyone who scores average points, two weeks in a row playing the highest while I am the second highest is just plain bad luck. :lol:

Nice win NCF!
Three. :shock:

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Sep 2021 21:07
Packfntk wrote:
Just can't play anyone who scores average points, two weeks in a row playing the highest while I am the second highest is just plain bad luck. :lol:

Nice win NCF!

Yeah, at this point it is just comical. I have almost 300 more points against me than some teams, after 3 weeks, lead the league in scoring and am 0-3. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just how fantasy works I guess. In 2 of my other dynasties we have the last spot in the playoffs set up for All Play record, for cases just like this. Gets the best teams in the playoffs no matter what, even with dumb luck stuff. Maybe something to think about for future years.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Little ticky tack, but Waldron beat him week 2. :poke:

Not to your extreme, but I have been very unlucky too, 2nd most in points against. Either been 2nd or 3rd place guy each week I think.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Packfntk wrote:
28 Sep 2021 06:43
YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Sep 2021 21:07
Packfntk wrote:

Nice win NCF!

Yeah, at this point it is just comical. I have almost 300 more points against me than some teams, after 3 weeks, lead the league in scoring and am 0-3. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just how fantasy works I guess. In 2 of my other dynasties we have the last spot in the playoffs set up for All Play record, for cases just like this. Gets the best teams in the playoffs no matter what, even with dumb luck stuff. Maybe something to think about for future years.
Also, still 11 weeks to go.

Would bet 9-5, if not 8-6, will get you in.

You should have tiebreakers too in ties (points scored)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Also, of an owner of a Philly RB, can someone explain to me this $%@# stat line?

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

Oh, not complaining, it is what it is. Just a wild anomaly.

The first league I played in with the All Play playoff spot I thought was stupid, but after seeing it now for 10 years we switched our local dynasty to it too. It is great, always gets the best teams in and takes some luck out of it. Highly suggest for this league some day but I know how much you old bastards hate change. :lol: :lol:

Back to this year, hope I can continue to score and find some wins.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

image.png
image.png (26.18 KiB) Viewed 243 times

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I'm not one to shut down conversation about potential changes, so this is being spoken as one opinion, not as Word of A Co-Commish...

but I actually hate how people try to regulate randomness out of fantasy football. It's SUPPOSED to be random and luck-based and schedule-dependent. If we wanted it fair, we wouldn't have head-to-head leagues. It would just be about points scored. Fantasy football is not an engine to reward the best players. It is a fun gamble that combines skill and chance, as all good gambling should.

There's certainly a conversation to be had about the balance between skill and chance. But the best hand doesn't and shouldn't always win. That makes it more boring.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I don't think anyone complained, just pointed out reality.

Okay, I complained about Philly's offensive playcalling, but nothing to do with the league.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Sep 2021 08:30
I'm not one to shut down conversation about potential changes, so this is being spoken as one opinion, not as Word of A Co-Commish...

but I actually hate how people try to regulate randomness out of fantasy football. It's SUPPOSED to be random and luck-based and schedule-dependent. If we wanted it fair, we wouldn't have head-to-head leagues. It would just be about points scored. Fantasy football is not an engine to reward the best players. It is a fun gamble that combines skill and chance, as all good gambling should.

There's certainly a conversation to be had about the balance between skill and chance. But the best hand doesn't and shouldn't always win. That makes it more boring.
The way I brought up does not change that. The top 3 randomness teams get in. The last spot is for someone who got screwed based on luck, and is a good team. Fantasy should not be all about luck. It is about piecing together a good franchise. We are not the NFL. We do not coach and control our players. This gives a the league the best shot at the best teams winning, which it should be.

Not going to die on this hill, just saying how we do it in other leagues and it is great.

Madcity_matt
Reactions:

Post by Madcity_matt »

I've done leagues that do that as well. Worth pointing out that last year the best team won it all, so clearly everything works perfectly over a season. :lombardi:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
28 Sep 2021 08:35
Okay, I complained about Philly's offensive playcalling, but nothing to do with the league.
It is absolutely bonkers to me the gap between on-field Jalen Hurts and fantasy Jalen Hurts. He is the #5 scoring QB in our league for me. But I have watched him play. And he is not ready for prime time.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

YoHoChecko wrote:
29 Sep 2021 20:15
BF004 wrote:
28 Sep 2021 08:35
It is absolutely bonkers to me the gap between on-field Jalen Hurts and fantasy Jalen Hurts. He is the #5 scoring QB in our league for me. But I have watched him play. And he is not ready for prime time.
Yep, years ago I owned Blake Bortles. He was great for fantasy points, but not a good NFL QB. That is the way Hurts is. They will move on from him soon enough if he can't figure it out.

mnkcarp
Reactions:

Post by mnkcarp »

I'm technically in first place, if anyone can believe that! Just wanted that documented before it all goes wrong, lol. It's back to earth for me just as soon as bye weeks start.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

My team really isn't that bad, the the coach is absolute garbage. Lots of bench points on a weekly basis.