Packers @ 49ers GDT 9/26/21 7:20pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Yeah I agree that no Jenkins would probably be an insurmountable loss.

But I mean, how bad could it be? If he injured it during the game but it was not bad enough to make him leave, gotta think he will be fine with a week of rest. Ankles are naggy injuries, sure, but still.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

If we find a way to win this game there will be a star in the east (a miracle). Bosa will be problem and our D is a mess. Where is my pepto...?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

New prediction.

SF: 41
GB: 17

SF scores more due to TO's because of Bosa eating us alive.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Packers 27
49ers 6

Packers break 38 in TOP and D dominates, run game works all day.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

I hope the Packers arent as scared as some fans :lol:

This really shouldnt change the game plan much. Keep using motion get the ball out quick and run on them (SF run D has been worse then ours with over 5 per carry) of course this isnt ideal but work these cbs with quick passes like a run game.

SF is beat up also

31-24 pack. LFG

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
24 Sep 2021 15:30

This really shouldnt change the game plan much. Keep using motion get the ball out quick and run on them (SF run D has been worse then ours with over 5 per carry) of course this isnt ideal but work these cbs with quick passes like a run game.

SF is beat up also

31-24 pack. LFG
It might not change the game plan much but when the game is "won and lost in the trenches" and building a SB team is all about being physical, yada yada yada and we talk about what could have been last year if Bakh was healthy and now our two best All Pro Olinemen are out for this game while playing one of the best front 7's in the league and one of the best DE's in the league.....

Yeah it's a problem. We have a deep oline. But let's be real. The Oline we are going to trot out on Sunday Night will be a joke. It's not a good thing when your best Olineman is an out of position Billy Turner.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Our only hope is our defense has the mindset that they can't let the 49ers score and "bring it" and our offense has the mindset of "need to run the ball and Rodgers can't hold the ball longer than 2.5 to 3 seconds"

If they find a way Sunday Night, I my confidence in this team will sky rocket.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
24 Sep 2021 14:57
Packers 27
49ers 6

Packers break 38 in TOP and D dominates, run game works all day.
would you be interested in swapping some of my special blend #9 for whatever the hell you have :rotf:

interested ( freaked out) to see how we manage absent Jenkins, specially since we now will be weaker on both edges with a all rookie cast inside, weak OL amounts to smaller playbook, I was hoping for more mis direction, jet sweeps, RO, I fear Rodgers will be under pressure so quickly all he'll get is his first read.

always hope for a blow out, but settle for just a win.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Backthepack4ever wrote:

Big agree there.
BF004 wrote:
21 Sep 2021 14:25
Let us not forget they’ve logged records of 4-12, 6-10 and 6-10 three of the last four years. Not really the fearful team we view them as.

This 49ers team is significantly worse than their 2019 team.

Now I am not sure how good we are, but they are an above average at best team, likely the worst team in their division.

If we play well, we are better, we will win.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I pretty much firmly believe you can only beat the 9ers by playing great defense and having a mobile QB but anything is doable.

Defensively I would do everything I can to make Jimmy G drop back, pass, and beat the blitz. Every first and second down I would have 8 and 9 man box if they aren’t spreading us out. I’d have Jaire follow Deebo the best we could and bracket Kittle as well as we possibly can. If we get beat over the top it is what it is but I’m trusting Alexander locking Deebo, Stokes doing his job, and live and die with King hopefully on their weaker WRs, assuming Aiyuk is still in the dog house.

Offensively I really don’t know what you can do with this line and what they have on defense. They aren’t going to blitz much I would think and with Warner might be a bit hard to get a screen game going. I know I would just come out running and if it doesn’t work I hope they don’t panic. Gotta stick with it and at least try and slow the pass rush down.

Overall I think none of this happens and we get slapped pretty good.

49ers 34
Packers 17
Cancelled by the forum elites.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
24 Sep 2021 15:55
Backthepack4ever wrote:

Big agree there.
BF004 wrote:
21 Sep 2021 14:25
Let us not forget they’ve logged records of 4-12, 6-10 and 6-10 three of the last four years. Not really the fearful team we view them as.

This 49ers team is significantly worse than their 2019 team.

Now I am not sure how good we are, but they are an above average at best team, likely the worst team in their division.

If we play well, we are better, we will win.
The 3 losing seasons the 49ers had Jimmy G hurt. It’s no different than when we lose Rodgers. Tough to win without a starting QB.

Since he has been in SF he is 24-8 as a starter and 2 of those losses he didn’t finish the game. The 49ers have been absolutely dominant since acquiring him.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Sep 2021 15:59
I pretty much firmly believe you can only beat the 9ers by playing great defense and having a mobile QB but anything is doable.

Defensively I would do everything I can to make Jimmy G drop back, pass, and beat the blitz. Every first and second down I would have 8 and 9 man box if they aren’t spreading us out. I’d have Jaire follow Deebo the best we could and bracket Kittle as well as we possibly can. If we get beat over the top it is what it is but I’m trusting Alexander locking Deebo, Stokes doing his job, and live and die with King hopefully on their weaker WRs, assuming Aiyuk is still in the dog house.

Offensively I really don’t know what you can do with this line and what they have on defense. They aren’t going to blitz much I would think and with Warner might be a bit hard to get a screen game going. I know I would just come out running and if it doesn’t work I hope they don’t panic. Gotta stick with it and at least try and slow the pass rush down.

Overall I think none of this happens and we get slapped pretty good.

49ers 34
Packers 17
Man, not sure what kind of image you have in your heads of this SF team, but they got dinged up Bosa and Armstead, and Fred Warner, and what else right now? They lose their coveted TC. I think we are a better D on paper.

This is against the scary Lions and Eagles

image.png
image.png (702.5 KiB) Viewed 244 times

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Now I am not overly confident, we are still figuring ourselves out and have a huge OL hurdles to overcome, but me questioning victory is based off our talent, not the 49ers.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
24 Sep 2021 16:22
but me questioning victory is based off our talent, not the 49ers.
But that's a pretty big deal right?
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
24 Sep 2021 16:31
BF004 wrote:
But everyone is acting like this is the 2019 49ers with some elite defense.

If you could name either of their starting CBs without looking it up, you follow football better than me.

And hell, even after looking it up a few times, I still couldn’t name either off the top of my head.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

go pak go wrote:
24 Sep 2021 15:39

It might not change the game plan much but when the game is "won and lost in the trenches" and building a SB team is all about being physical, yada yada yada and we talk about what could have been last year if Bakh was healthy and now our two best All Pro Olinemen are out for this game while playing one of the best front 7's in the league and one of the best DE's in the league.....

Yeah it's a problem. We have a deep oline. But let's be real. The Oline we are going to trot out on Sunday Night will be a joke. It's not a good thing when your best Olineman is an out of position Billy Turner.
Even if Jenkins does not play, Turner is not the best Olineman. The best OT, maybe.

If Jenkins does not play or is limited, it is going to be ugly. Packers lose 31-10

If Jenkins is fine Packers lose 31-20

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
24 Sep 2021 16:36
go pak go wrote:
24 Sep 2021 16:31
BF004 wrote:
But everyone is acting like this is the 2019 49ers with some elite defense.

If you could name either of their starting CBs without looking it up, you follow football better than me.

And hell, even after looking it up a few times, I still couldn’t name either off the top of my head.
But can you also appreciate my perspective that I don't really care about their CBs? I was told the Saints CBs were trash too. I expected to beat up on them. Destroy them. And we weren't able to do squat.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

image.png
image.png (773.5 KiB) Viewed 227 times

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheSkeptic wrote:
24 Sep 2021 16:40
go pak go wrote:
24 Sep 2021 15:39

Even if Jenkins does not play, Turner is not the best Olineman. The best OT, maybe.

If Jenkins does not play or is limited, it is going to be ugly. Packers lose 31-10

If Jenkins is fine Packers lose 31-20
Usually when you say things like that it should be followed up with someone better as an example.

And no I would not put any of the rookies or Jon Runyan/Lucas Patrick better than Turner at this point.

1. They haven't proved it.
2. They have been solid. Decent. But that's about it. Certainly nothing to brag home about. Nothing to be incredibly scared about.

At least Turner was good at RT last year.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I think the Packers offense can score on this defense. Can they win a track meet? That I am not sure of. I think our defense will get better as the season goes, but this is the wrong week for this match-up against that offense. Even if their RB's are beat up, their OL is effective and they scheme the run game like we do. Hold them under 25 and I give us a good sporting chance. I think the odds are better, though, that the 49ers put up more than that on the scoreboard.

Read More. Post Less.