Packers @ 49ers GDT 9/26/21 7:20pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
24 Sep 2021 16:45
BF004 wrote:
24 Sep 2021 16:36
go pak go wrote:
24 Sep 2021 16:31

But that's a pretty big deal right?
But everyone is acting like this is the 2019 49ers with some elite defense.

If you could name either of their starting CBs without looking it up, you follow football better than me.

And hell, even after looking it up a few times, I still couldn’t name either off the top of my head.
But can you also appreciate my perspective that I don't really care about their CBs? I was told the Saints CBs were trash too. I expected to beat up on them. Destroy them. And we weren't able to do squat.
And yet we are freaking out with a healthy Kevin King and 1st round draft pick who has looked good and Sullivan in the slot, with who you know what you are getting. Opposite of literally the best CB in football.

Saints game is the Saints game.

But may we are not a good offense and the reigning NFL MVP and deemed offensive guru head coach can not over come one missing starter on offense.

I guess we shall see.

Just the doom and gloom is over the top for missing our LT and going against an above average defense that is missing more starters than we are on O.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
24 Sep 2021 16:31
BF004 wrote:
24 Sep 2021 16:22
but me questioning victory is based off our talent, not the 49ers.
But that's a pretty big deal right?

If you could name either of their starting CBs without looking it up, you follow football better than me.

And hell, even after looking it up a few times, I still couldn’t name either off the top of my head.
I dont think it matter how bad their corners are when theyre just going to play coverage and double Adams.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
24 Sep 2021 16:51
go pak go wrote:
BF004 wrote:

But can you also appreciate my perspective that I don't really care about their CBs? I was told the Saints CBs were trash too. I expected to beat up on them. Destroy them. And we weren't able to do squat.

And it will be labeled as that if we can prove otherwise Sunday Night. But the Saints game is no longer the "4th preseason game" if we get our a$$ kicked Sunday Night. It starts to become "that is who we are"

I am at the point where I am expecting not good things and will celebrate happily if the Packers prove me wrong.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
24 Sep 2021 17:27
BF004 wrote:
24 Sep 2021 16:51
go pak go wrote:

And it will be labeled as that if we can prove otherwise Sunday Night. But the Saints game is no longer the "4th preseason game" if we get our a$$ kicked Sunday Night. It starts to become "that is who we are"

I am at the point where I am expecting not good things and will celebrate happily if the Packers prove me wrong.
Only way "Saints game is the Saints game" is if we are very competitive in this game. Dont even have to win it, just have to look really good and compete.

I think we are in for a long night. The OL is in shambles and the defense sucks until it proves otherwise.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Sep 2021 16:03
BF004 wrote:
24 Sep 2021 15:55
Backthepack4ever wrote:
24 Sep 2021 15:30
I hope the Packers arent as scared as some fans :lol:

Big agree there.
BF004 wrote:
21 Sep 2021 14:25
Let us not forget they’ve logged records of 4-12, 6-10 and 6-10 three of the last four years. Not really the fearful team we view them as.

This 49ers team is significantly worse than their 2019 team.

Now I am not sure how good we are, but they are an above average at best team, likely the worst team in their division.

If we play well, we are better, we will win.
The 3 losing seasons the 49ers had Jimmy G hurt. It’s no different than when we lose Rodgers. Tough to win without a starting QB.

Since he has been in SF he is 24-8 as a starter and 2 of those losses he didn’t finish the game. The 49ers have been absolutely dominant since acquiring him.
Did you just say AR and Jimmy G in the same breath?? Hitting the bottle some :lol:

Have others watched the 49ers lately?? They are a good team but lets not act like they are just punishing teams. They have sucked against the run and their cbs are laughable at best. Yes our OL is patched together right now nut these are major weaknesses on the 49er d. We will score some points

I will agree that they need to force jimmy to throw and send all kinds of blitz at him. They need to play down hill.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
24 Sep 2021 21:36
lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Sep 2021 16:03
BF004 wrote:
24 Sep 2021 15:55

Big agree there.

This 49ers team is significantly worse than their 2019 team.

Now I am not sure how good we are, but they are an above average at best team, likely the worst team in their division.

If we play well, we are better, we will win.
The 3 losing seasons the 49ers had Jimmy G hurt. It’s no different than when we lose Rodgers. Tough to win without a starting QB.

Since he has been in SF he is 24-8 as a starter and 2 of those losses he didn’t finish the game. The 49ers have been absolutely dominant since acquiring him.
Did you just say AR and Jimmy G in the same breath?? Hitting the bottle some :lol:

Have others watched the 49ers lately?? They are a good team but lets not act like they are just punishing teams. They have sucked against the run and their cbs are laughable at best. Yes our OL is patched together right now nut these are major weaknesses on the 49er d. We will score some points

I will agree that they need to force jimmy to throw and send all kinds of blitz at him. They need to play down hill.
… I said if a team loses it’s starting QB it’s hard to win. It’s not like I said anything absurd or profound.

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

A mindset thing is a mindset thing. It has hardly anything to do with talent level.

Maybe this Packer squad features as much ore more overall talent than the Niners. That hardly matters. The Niners match up well against us. They will win unless our D does something that it has yet to do this season; stop th Erin or get pass pressure.

The way this should work out is that MLF has this team ready to put a big PUNCH on the noses of the Niners. In two plus years, they haven’t really done that to anybody. And THEY SURELY HAVEN’T DESIGNED THEIR GAME PLANS TO DO THAT EITHER.

NINERS 30
PACK 20
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

go pak go wrote:
24 Sep 2021 16:47
TheSkeptic wrote:
24 Sep 2021 16:40
go pak go wrote:
24 Sep 2021 15:39

It might not change the game plan much but when the game is "won and lost in the trenches" and building a SB team is all about being physical, yada yada yada and we talk about what could have been last year if Bakh was healthy and now our two best All Pro Olinemen are out for this game while playing one of the best front 7's in the league and one of the best DE's in the league.....

Yeah it's a problem. We have a deep oline. But let's be real. The Oline we are going to trot out on Sunday Night will be a joke. It's not a good thing when your best Olineman is an out of position Billy Turner.
Even if Jenkins does not play, Turner is not the best Olineman. The best OT, maybe.

If Jenkins does not play or is limited, it is going to be ugly. Packers lose 31-10

If Jenkins is fine Packers lose 31-20
Usually when you say things like that it should be followed up with someone better as an example.

And no I would not put any of the rookies or Jon Runyan/Lucas Patrick better than Turner at this point.

1. They haven't proved it.
2. They have been solid. Decent. But that's about it. Certainly nothing to brag home about. Nothing to be incredibly scared about.

At least Turner was good at RT last year.
Rynyan grade: 79.6 Sacks allowed:0
Jenkins grade 75,2 Sacks allowed: 1
Meyers grade: 74.1 Sacks allowed:0
Patrick grade 73.9 Sacks allowed:0
Turner grade: 70.7 Sacks allowed:1
Newman grade 52.7 Sacks allowed 1

How haven't they proved it? How has Turner proved it?

It is all someone's opinion, but you and I do not sit and watch every player on every play and get paid to give them a grade. So presumably these opinions are more likely to be better than yours and mine. And they say, that for this season, Turner is the 2nd worst Olineman on the team. The only one worse is a rookie 4th round draft pick who makes 1/6th the amount of money Turner does.

And no, Turner was not a good RT last season. His pff was 69 in 2020 and 65.3 in 2019 and that is not very good. By comparison, Bak's was 91 and Linsley was 89.9. Patrick's was 64.8. Patrick and Turner are the same type of player, a marginal starter/good backup. But Tuner's salary cap is twice Patrick's and that matters too.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
23 Sep 2021 12:14
I really want to see more TJ Slayton and activate Jack Heflin and less Tyler Lancaster and Kingsley Keke.
I am onboard with that too. Need to rid the defense of deadwood. Seems to be a recurring theme going back to the latter years of the TT era. Can't necessarily win all of the shootouts.....

Ron Wolf picked up Dotson, White, Jones and Robinson (and Prior) to create a #1 D that only gave up 19 TDs in the regular season. Plus we had an extremely capable Defensive Coordinator. This 2021 rendition needs to get real great real quickly. Go Packers.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

There is a greater than 0% chance that when Aaron Rodgers thinks of the season he is already factoring in an L to the 9ers.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Sep 2021 08:26
There is a greater than 0% chance that when Aaron Rodgers thinks of the season he is already factoring in an L to the 9ers.
There is exactly 0% that sentence is true.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

TheSkeptic wrote:
25 Sep 2021 07:28
go pak go wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

Even if Jenkins does not play, Turner is not the best Olineman. The best OT, maybe.

If Jenkins does not play or is limited, it is going to be ugly. Packers lose 31-10

Usually when you say things like that it should be followed up with someone better as an example.

And no I would not put any of the rookies or Jon Runyan/Lucas Patrick better than Turner at this point.

2. They have been solid. Decent. But that's about it. Certainly nothing to brag home about. Nothing to be incredibly scared about.

It is all someone's opinion, but you and I do not sit and watch every player on every play and get paid to give them a grade. So presumably these opinions are more likely to be better than yours and mine. And they say, that for this season, Turner is the 2nd worst Olineman on the team. The only one worse is a rookie 4th round draft pick who makes 1/6th the amount of money Turner does.

And no, Turner was not a good RT last season. His pff was 69 in 2020 and 65.3 in 2019 and that is not very good. By comparison, Bak's was 91 and Linsley was 89.9. Patrick's was 64.8. Patrick and Turner are the same type of player, a marginal starter/good backup. But Tuner's salary cap is twice Patrick's and that matters too.
Turner ranked 17th out of the 32 starting RT's last year, and his wage of 7 mil. is right in that wage range, as cap strapped as we are we couldn't afford to go shopping for a T, I agree we got young to quickly across the OL but some of it is do to injury's and if no more starters get hurt this issue will right itself.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

TheSkeptic wrote:
25 Sep 2021 07:28
go pak go wrote:
TheSkeptic wrote:

So Jon Runyan is our best offensive lineman right now then?
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
25 Sep 2021 09:04
Drj820 wrote:
25 Sep 2021 08:26
There is exactly 0% that sentence is true.
We will be able to tell pretty early in the game Sunday I bet

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Turner has been so good. Led the team in pressures allowed the last 2 years. Last week he again led the team in pressures allowed at 4. He’s a stat leader!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Sweet, yooping it! Fabricating!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Yuck
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Good lord.

My comment simply was more of a thing how much our Oline is in trouble because Billy Turner will be the best Olineman suiting up tomorrow with Bakh and Jenkins out.

What I said isn't a controversial thing when looking at the remainder of the Oline being a backup swing guard, a rookie center, a rookie RG and a veteran swing guard in Patrick.

Yeah. Turner is average. But my point was the rest of our Oline tomorrow isn't strong either. It's why I have virtually no expectations.
Last edited by go pak go on 25 Sep 2021 13:43, edited 2 times in total.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Big game for Lazard and Lewis to help with blocking.
RIP JustJeff