Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
24 Sep 2021 10:33
I guess I haven't actually looked at it, but I thought MNF was already hurting in the ratings department since like 2010.

I mean they can't find any consistent crew to call the game, the pregame is a joke and overall I thought people just didn't like MNF anymore.

I mean growing up MNF was THE GAME of the week. Now that is SNF. (TNF also significantly drew down the uniqueness of MNF). I just don't think having a playoff game on Monday is a good idea because I already hate MNF.
I agree with everything you said. The press release does say, however, that the broadcast partner has yet to be determined. Let the bidding begin. They will probably assemble a team worse than the MNF booth. The booth wasn't even horrible, but the whole production was weird. Too many human interest stories during the actual broadcast. Like, get that &%$@ out of here and talk about the play on the field.

Read More. Post Less.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

NCF wrote:
24 Sep 2021 10:36
go pak go wrote:
I guess I haven't actually looked at it, but I thought MNF was already hurting in the ratings department since like 2010.

I mean they can't find any consistent crew to call the game, the pregame is a joke and overall I thought people just didn't like MNF anymore.

I mean growing up MNF was THE GAME of the week. Now that is SNF. (TNF also significantly drew down the uniqueness of MNF). I just don't think having a playoff game on Monday is a good idea because I already hate MNF.
I agree with everything you said. The press release does say, however, that the broadcast partner has yet to be determined. Let the bidding begin. They will probably assemble a team worse than the MNF booth. The booth wasn't even horrible, but the whole production was weird. Too many human interest stories during the actual broadcast. Like, get that &%$@ out of here and talk about the play on the field.
whos the guy who never shuts up? is it Griese? whatever they talk above the action on the field, play by play sucks, last Monday all I could think of is wishing they would shut up, so distracting :thwap:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
24 Sep 2021 10:36
go pak go wrote:

And sh* like Chris Burman's "year 2000 style" segment.

"Rumblin, and Stumblin...." like nobody cares anymore. That was cool 20 years ago. Everyone has access to highlights now. Talk about the game. Be better than what you are.

Or still doing Chris Carter's "Come on Man?" thing? Like it is weird hearing Adam Scheft do a "Come on Man". I thought they had something when they had Ray Lewis and Charles Woodson. But I was just so disappointed last week. I think ESPN's issue is multe-faceted.

They no longer have Mike Tirico who was awesome at his job and provided some consistency. So i just think ESPN has no vision or any idea of what they want to do. I don't see much of a difference in game enjoyment from the broadcast of a MNF game compared to a C team on FOX game. In fact, at least the FOX crews have consistency in calling the same teams after a while so they have a better idea what they are calling.

All the MNF crew could talk about last Monday was "how hard and no quit" the Lions kept giving because that is what they talked about in the production meeting leading up to the game based on their 4th quarter semi-comback in Week 1. Like move onto another thing guys. I don't know. Also being in EST, Monday Night Football ends at 11:30 or later. Like wtf.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

There is no possible way rating will go down for a MNF playoff game. It will be wildly successful I think. All on the line games will always draw more viewers.

I don’t like it because it gives you a short week going into the following week while a Saturday team gets 2 extra days of preparation and rest. It’s an unfair advantage.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

NCF wrote:
24 Sep 2021 08:40
paco wrote:
24 Sep 2021 08:37
Leave it to the NFL to do something that actually gets everyone on this forum to agree.
:aok:
:woohoo:

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Freakin' NFL, man... Stop trying to fix what isn't broken, you no good, greedy bastards! :evil:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Sep 2021 12:19
There is no possible way rating will go down for a MNF playoff game. It will be wildly successful I think. All on the line games will always draw more viewers.

I don’t like it because it gives you a short week going into the following week while a Saturday team gets 2 extra days of preparation and rest. It’s an unfair advantage.
You would think they would have it where a MNF team would always play the Divisional Round on Sunday and the Saturday/Sunday teams always play Saturday. No matter what.

So you would then have the situation like you do now where a Sunday Wildcard team may have to turn around in 6 days like they always have in the past.

But I agree. I still don't like that overall in the tournament, you have one team playing 2 days earlier than another team during single elimination playoffs. Just doesn't seem very right. There is a big difference between playing the early Saturday game where you get a full nights rest Saturday, off day Sunday and reset Monday compared to playing Monday Night, not getting good sleep Monday night and then having to reset Tuesday with no rest because you play again in 5 days.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Packfntk
Reactions:

Post by Packfntk »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Sep 2021 12:19

Yep, as someone who has worked in TV and specifically NFL games, this game will do absolute bonkers numbers. Ratings will be great, advertisers will be happy, NFL will be happy. The only people who won't be happy are the players that get one day less rest, and the fans who want to complain about their players not getting enough rest.
Wisconsin Cheese Is Better Than California Cheese!

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Has this guy never heard of a wizzinator?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
26 Sep 2021 08:42
Has this guy never heard of a wizzinator?

Probably didn't see this great deal!
Attachments
Screenshot_20210926-101326_Twitter.jpg
Screenshot_20210926-101326_Twitter.jpg (82.38 KiB) Viewed 243 times
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

This is why they want to play Dalton. Bears going to get Fields killed.
RIP JustJeff

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

paco wrote:
26 Sep 2021 13:53
This is why they want to play Dalton. Bears going to get Fields killed.
I dunno, looking pretty good to me. :lol:
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

There is no critically, situational worse/unlucky team year in and year out than the chargers.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Warms my heart to see how poorly Fields did. Andy Dalton isn't getting sacked 9 times out there. Fields is going to be just another Bears QB.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Ya, about those supposed lowly Lions? Took a 66 yard field goal to beat them.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

What the hell.

Gronk drops an easy ball. Dean drops an easy INT.

Where was this crap last January?
Yoop wrote:

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Pckfn23 wrote:
26 Sep 2021 15:38
The WRs for the Ravens dropped 3 touchdown passes by my count. The Ravens did everything they could to lose. But the Lions wanted the L more.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
26 Sep 2021 16:39
Pckfn23 wrote:
26 Sep 2021 15:38
The WRs for the Ravens dropped 3 touchdown passes by my count. The Ravens did everything they could to lose. But the Lions wanted the L more.
Any given Sunday. We missed MVS for 3 TDs and still doubled them up.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Desean Jackson is absolutely torching the Buccs secondary.
Last edited by lupedafiasco on 26 Sep 2021 17:08, edited 1 time in total.
Cancelled by the forum elites.