Packers @ 49ers GDT 9/26/21 7:20pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
27 Sep 2021 06:54
Or am I actually not centrist and completely viewed last night's game with Green colored glassess...
a persons first impression can be wrong, in this case, not so much :clap: I am so proud of our team, not only did we beat the Niners, we beat the refs too.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
Or am I actually not centrist and completely viewed last night's game with Green colored glassess...
Michelle Tofoya indicated to Rodgers that the penalties, called and uncalled, will be a major discussion point in sports media this week. Scott Van Pelt went in on the egregious no-call of the Davante hit. MLF (not unbiased, but professional) made a few salty comments about the calls in his post-game presser. Even Collinsworth, whose narratives didn't paint the picture, clearly agreed that Stokes' PI was a bad call, that Adams' helmet-to-helmet no-call was a bad call, that Jimmy G's fumble was a fumble, and that the PI calls we got on 3rd down weren't necessarily bad calls, just key to the game calls.

My point is you are not crazy or biased to think the refs really hosed the Packers last night. Whether people built the narrative in their head or not, there are enough objective observer examples to validate your/our feelings about that

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Man I'm really bummed about STs too. Because honestly they have played really well every game except one play that ended up making this one close.

I feel bad for the defense too because this should have been a 14 or 21 points allowed game but instead in the record books it will go down as again a bottom of the league performance.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
I really struggled.

I really pride myself on being a centrist. Being one to stand back, view the information and see it without bias. From my perspective, the Packers got absolutely hosed last night from ref calls that really led to 14 points for the 49ers and a huge momentum swing to keep them in the game. On top of that you have various other roughing calls, tripping calls, the lost challenge that wasn't a catch etc.

There is really only one call I could remember that went our way that I wouldn't have thrown (the Davante Adams DPI call) but I am okay with it because Adams was Interfered just two plays earlier at the same spot in the field with no call.

And yet everyone who isn't a Packers fan I have talked to doesn't think the game was unfair at all. It is pissing me off honestly. Are fans just that dumb and completely believing what Chris Collinsworth and the "protect the shield cronies" said?

Like then I got responses back, "well the Vikings should have won week 1 on a poor fumble call" and I was like I KNOW. I TOLD YOU AT THE TIME I SAID THAT WAS NOT A FUMBLE. I agree that MN really should be 3-0 right now.

I just don't understand why sports fans are so willing to accept or not have caveats on things.

I honestly thought the refs were just awful in general. They affected the game way tooo much by what they did call, then missed the helmet to helmet call. I felt the PI call Lazard got in his favor early was weak, i felt the holding call they got after our hands to the face call was weak...I did feel they got all their favorable calls in the second half and late. That PI call against Stokes was a total joke. So ya, by the end the refs probably worked against us more..but overall i just thought they sucked for both sides in general. Late in the little jimmy threw a lateral to Deebo that went over his head and out of bounds, quickly called an incomplete pass. Im going to watch the replay on that today because Im pretty sure that was a lateral. Also, the call Lafleur challenge was certainly bobbled by the ground. Refs were awful through and through. So was Collinsworth.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Yoop wrote:
27 Sep 2021 07:01
Jimmy Garapolo, ex 49er QB, after last night Shanahan will make another run for Rodgers next spring, so nice to see Lafluer cold shoulder that sob.
No they won't. Gave up too much for Lance to take a run at Rodgers again.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
27 Sep 2021 07:24
Man I'm really bummed about STs too. Because honestly they have played really well every game except one play that ended up making this one close.

I feel bad for the defense too because this should have been a 14 or 21 points allowed game but instead in the record books it will go down as again a bottom of the league performance.
I mean they held the 49ers below 300 yards (298) and to 4.6 yards per play.

Yardage-wise, the team has consistently been top 10 this season (currently 9th). After week one, yards per play is coming down a bit, too. Just gotta work on those pesky points

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Sep 2021 07:25
I honestly thought the refs were just awful in general. They affected the game way tooo much by what they did call, then missed the helmet to helmet call. I felt the PI call Lazard got in his favor early was weak, i felt the holding call they got after our hands to the face call was weak...I did feel they got all their favorable calls in the second half and late. That PI call against Stokes was a total joke. So ya, by the end the refs probably worked against us more..but overall i just thought they sucked for both sides in general. Late in the little jimmy threw a lateral to Deebo that went over his head and out of bounds, quickly called an incomplete pass. Im going to watch the replay on that today because Im pretty sure that was a lateral. Also, the call Lafleur challenge was certainly bobbled by the ground. Refs were awful through and through. So was Collinsworth.
This exactly.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

paco wrote:
27 Sep 2021 07:26
Yoop wrote:
27 Sep 2021 07:01
Jimmy Garapolo, ex 49er QB, after last night Shanahan will make another run for Rodgers next spring, so nice to see Lafluer cold shoulder that sob.
No they won't. Gave up too much for Lance to take a run at Rodgers again.
whoops, forgot they took Lance in the draft :thwap: good I hate SF and wouldn't want Rodgers to go there, I didn't like Shanahan even before he made a run at Rodgers anyway, good coach but acts sooooo snooty, just my impression.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Along with what everyone else is saying, the refs were probably the worst and most one sided I've seen in quite some time. The PI against Stokes, the Roughing the Passer against Jaire, the Non-Call on the Adams hit. But the worst of them all was the non-call on the Intentional Grounding before the half. The Defense was put in an awful spot and came through, holding the 49ers to zero points. That was clearly intentional grounding which would have ended the half. The refs have to discuss that, but instead gave the 49ers a free play. That kind of crap is what swings games. This one never should have came down to a Crosby FG to win, and it's not the Packers' fault.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

That was the most exciting regular season victory I can remember since Rodgers came back on one leg against the Bares in 2018 and led the comeback completed by the pass to Cobb. This one meant more probably bc of the offseason, the first two games, and the niners being better than the bares...but both those games had the magical feeling at the end. So happy to have felt that feeling again. Thank you team!
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I honestly did not think we would win the game. On the road against a good team. I thought the injuries on offense, especially being down to the 3rd string left tackle was going to be enough to hamper our offense. Then I was not sure what we would get out of our defense.

I was hopeful that we would win and that we could win, but just didn't think it would be our night.

The scheme was beautiful on offense and we were aggressive where we needed to be aggressive but still played within rhythm. The defense came to play last night. That is the type of defense that I expected to start the season. Minus some really horrendous calls and no calls this one wouldn't have been close. That and the 1 stupid special teams mistake on the KO.

A very good win, but 14 more to go!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

the NFL should just go to electronic officiating, the refs are ruining this game, when the refs so obviously try and control the outcome as they appear to be doing the game resembles pro wrestling, the Packer games is mostly all I watch now the officials look bought and paid for

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

image.png
image.png (1.31 MiB) Viewed 234 times

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

Yoop wrote:
27 Sep 2021 08:04
the NFL should just go to electronic officiating, the refs are ruining this game, when the refs so obviously try and control the outcome as they appear to be doing the game resembles pro wrestling, the Packer games is mostly all I watch now the officials look bought and paid for
Agreed in a way where the refs can still do their thing, but Big Brother upstairs needs to be more active. When Jimmy G was guilty of intentional grounding before that half, there should have been a buzz in from upstairs to day "hold on, we need to look at this further". Half should have been over and GB would have gone into the half up 17-0.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

This needs reposting.

Remember earlier in the game they were showing Bosa starting straight down the LOS at the ball, not looking at LT/TE or anything.

Thus doesn't see the motion coming in.

Great job by the coaching staff there.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

49ers website are complaining hard core they got jipped by the refs. :roll:

Their grip is basically the Lazard PI (no points came off it), the Adams PI and a hold that John Runyan had on the final drive.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think another thing that hasn't gotten discussed enough is just how many missed opportunities our defense had at interceptions and how the 9ers scored or kept drives moving on amazing 3rd down plays and conversions.

I thought Savage was amazing last night. But the plays he was amazing often still ended up in 49ers winning the play.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

go pak go wrote:
27 Sep 2021 08:25
I think another thing that hasn't gotten discussed enough is just how many missed opportunities our defense had at interceptions and how the 9ers scored or kept drives moving on amazing 3rd down plays and conversions.

I thought Savage was amazing last night. But the plays he was amazing often still ended up in 49ers winning the play.
Savage whiffed big time on the 1 TD at the goal-line. But overall, I agree he was good.
RIP JustJeff

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

go pak go wrote:
27 Sep 2021 08:25

Agreed. All things considered, I thought our defense held up pretty well. We shut the 49ers out in the first half (I consider so because we made a baller play to force an intentional grounding which ended the half), and in this league when teams are down, they generally score. The tackling seems much improved.

Another note, Campbell might be the best ILB we've had in a decade.