Here's Johnny!! (Diggy diggy gold) SF Wk3

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004 wrote:
26 Sep 2021 23:32
Man, few options tonight.

Davante, Aaron, Clark, Mason

Gunna to Aaron Rodgers getting his first real win in SF.

Got Kenny as close 2nd.
Forgot I picked Aaron, thought I had MVS.

Gunna go big Kenny

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:
27 Sep 2021 08:00
BF004 wrote:
26 Sep 2021 23:32
Man, few options tonight.

Davante, Aaron, Clark, Mason

Gunna to Aaron Rodgers getting his first real win in SF.

Got Kenny as close 2nd.
Forgot I picked Aaron, thought I had MVS.

Gunna go big Kenny
Clark nearly killed a man last night. Mack must have thought a Mack truck hit him.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I honestly am so proud of Preston Smith though on that run because that was the type of play that KILLED us in 2019. The Smiths were so bad at outside contain.

So setting the edge by Smith was huge. Preston played really well last night.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The man went up against Nick Bosa in his first NFL start, didnt get Rodgers killed, and got praise from both 12 and 17. My vote goes to the individual...Yosh.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

I gotta go with Nijman individually. You expect a guy like Bosa to look the way he did on that opening drive at least a few times per game even against the top OTs in the league, but he was not to be heard from again for the rest of the game.

And sure, Nij got help a few times, but 0 pressures when blocking for Rodgers (who threw like 40 times)... is way better than I would have expected, making his first start against Nick Bosa (I would not have expected 0 pressures from Bakh, given our history against that team/player) -- help or no.

Close second to Kenny Clark. I have not seen him dominate like that in a while, and he usually only turns it on much later in the season. Mack is not what he was, but that's an experienced vet C who has been good for a while.

OL third, Rodgers fourth, Adams fifth (good game, but we have seen more dominant performances by him, and he was being fed a lot of targets while beating up on a third-stringer). Nobody picked Crosby, so...
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think why I believe Oline is deserving is because our run game was actually fairly succesful. Something I didn't expect and something that hadn't happened in prior years against this front.

I would say that was the best running performance against a dominant ILB we have seen in a very long time. And our guards/center were a huge part of that.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I gotta vote O-line. I can't go with Nijman by himself as he got destroyed on the first drive and had two penalties (second one might not have been completely his fault).
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

If the rules allowed a D-line pick, that would have been vote-worthy. Allowed SF no running game, and there was plenty of pressure.

Since that's not a thing (for good reasons), I'll have to go Oline. Run blocking and overall play kept improving thru the game. Pass blocking on the winning drive was key. I didn't hear a peep about Turner, which means he held up well on his side.

That said, can I interest you in a UDFA OT who allowed 0 pressures versus an elite front 7?