Packers @ 49ers GDT 9/26/21 7:20pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

This one was so bad. It seems like one of those cases where the ref didn't actually see what happened, but just saw Aiyuk lunging and going to the ground, so assumed it was PI...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Sep 2021 13:31

This one was so bad. It seems like one of those cases where the ref didn't actually see what happened, but just saw Aiyuk lunging and going to the ground, so assumed it was PI...
How the hell did the back judge not see that Brandon was going to the ground BEFORE Stokes was even there.

I don't know if I am more mad about the Refs stealing a sack/grounding before the half or gifting them this drive when the 9ers would have had punt inside their endzone.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Acrobat
Reactions:

Post by Acrobat »

go pak go wrote:
27 Sep 2021 13:40
Pckfn23 wrote:
27 Sep 2021 13:31

How the hell did the back judge not see that Brandon was going to the ground BEFORE Stokes was even there.

I don't know if I am more mad about the Refs stealing a sack/grounding before the half or gifting them this drive when the 9ers would have had punt inside their endzone.
The answer is C - All of the above

It was atrocious all around and when you really break it down, the Packers pretty much blew them out but the refs made it so we had to win with a last second 51 yard Field Goal. Without those 2 calls alone, it's a double digit victory.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

:rotf:

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

What kind of team did we beat here? Are the 49ers for real this season?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

German_Panzer wrote:
27 Sep 2021 14:22
I think they are decent, possibly the worst team in their very good division though. They are a shell of that 2019 team at a lot of key positions and have a pretty bad injury bug right now too.

But either way, awesome momentum gaining win. Got a struggling, hampered Pittsburgh team coming to town now. Ben looks bad and beat up, TJ Watt missed last week with a groin injury, can't imagine he'll be 100%.

LFG!!!

Not looking too far ahead, but then @ Cincy, @ Chicago. Guess I would be expecting to be 4-2 at the worst before we get a Bak back with a healthy Elgton as well.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
At this point in the season I would put GB, SF, LAR, TB as probably your top 4 NFC teams at the moment.

AZ and CAR are probably next. SEA, NO and MN after that.

I actually low key think MN is a much better team than given credit due to how they lost their 2 games.

Our thing now is we need to win games we should win. Pittsburgh at the end of the season is probably the worst team in the AFC North. We will likely be playing a 3-1 Bengals team and then it's Chicago and Washington. Honestly we really need to get a stretch of wins going here because November is when we will discover what this Packers team is made of.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
27 Sep 2021 13:26
I am more of the mindset that it was the Packers who elevated their game than it was the 2019 49ers falling to earth. We just played the 9ers so bad in 2019. Looked like MLF learned his lesson and our defense contained the edge on the running plays. And that was my standpoint. I simply didn't have faith the Packers would bring it against a physical team and they finally did on the road in a prime time game.
Honestly, I am of the mind not that we rose to them or they fell to us, but that we've been very close in talent all along and that the advantage has gone to whoever gets the matchups they want, the breaks they need when they need them, the injury advantage, and the coaching advantage. MLF as a rookie head coach clearly struggled to scheme against a team and staff that knew him and his entire worldview and process completely. But as a second year head coach, he was already better and they had the injuries to allow us to mop them up.

My whole point in all of this is that we are now, and have been for years, a fairly evenly matched team, and that our "boogeyman" mentality of them was based a little bit in 2019-specific matchup issues and substantially still in the Kaepernick/Capers era losses... and that we as fans struggled to see our team as an equal to theirs, but we always have been.

They had a lot working for them in 2019, but they were always sort of small advantages that were maximally exploited, not huge advantages that we can't overcome. Don't get me wrong, I feared them in 2019--thought the matchups just didn't work. But both teams have seen some changes since then (their OL isn't as dominant as it used to be, the middle of our defense isn't as soft as it used to be), and the advantages were never that big to begin with. And MLF has been the better coach now in two straight matchups.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
27 Sep 2021 14:25
Not looking too far ahead, but then @ Cincy, @ Chicago. Guess I would be expecting to be 4-2 at the worst before we get a Bak back with a healthy Elgton as well.
I'd be shocked if we don't win our next 3. Cincy is the only one worth a dang. The Steelers are beat. I dunno what happened week one against the Bills, but it looks just as weird now as our performance against the Saints. I'm completely willing, as a fan, to look ahead and say we darn well better be 5-1 three weeks from now.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
27 Sep 2021 14:26
German_Panzer wrote:
At this point in the season I would put GB, SF, LAR, TB as probably your top 4 NFC teams at the moment.

I actually low key think MN is a much better team than given credit due to how they lost their 2 games.

Our thing now is we need to win games we should win. Pittsburgh at the end of the season is probably the worst team in the AFC North. We will likely be playing a 3-1 Bengals team and then it's Chicago and Washington. Honestly we really need to get a stretch of wins going here because November is when we will discover what this Packers team is made of.
I wouldn’t sleep on the Cardinals. That team is legit.

Kyler Murray is probably on his way to an MVP. Hopkins, AJ Green, Christian Kirk, and Rondale Moore are all pretty legit. They play a college offense so we are gonna be spread out. Their defense is pretty good too. They’ve got a ton of speed on that side of the ball.

I do believe the Rams are the best team in the league. They put the beat down on the Buccs this weekend.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Sep 2021 15:19
go pak go wrote:
German_Panzer wrote:

Kyler Murray is probably on his way to an MVP. Hopkins, AJ Green, Christian Kirk, and Rondale Moore are all pretty legit. They play a college offense so we are gonna be spread out. Their defense is pretty good too. They’ve got a ton of speed on that side of the ball.

I do believe the Rams are the best team in the league. They put the beat down on the Buccs this weekend.
And if you believe that about AZ, then you have to also believe MN is a pretty darned good team. They are not 3-0 because their kicker sucks, a poor fumble call (it didn't look like a fumble to me but couldn't be overturned) and beating AZ in their house.
Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
27 Sep 2021 15:21
lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Sep 2021 15:19
go pak go wrote:

And if you believe that about AZ, then you have to also believe MN is a pretty darned good team. They are not 3-0 because their kicker sucks, a poor fumble call (it didn't look like a fumble to me but couldn't be overturned) and beating AZ in their house.
The Vikings have a great roster with a lot of stars as wel they just can’t pull out wins.

I think after these next 3 weeks are schedule is crazy tough outside the Bears and Lions games.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Sep 2021 15:24
I think after these next 3 weeks are schedule is crazy tough outside the Bears and Lions games.
If we win our next 3, the following 5-game stretch is so tough that I will still maintain full faith in this team's contender status even if they go 2-3 throughout that 5.

That would up us at 7-4 and set us up to finish 12-5 or so and host a playoff game or two as a 2 or 3 seed.

I hope we do better than that in our crucial mid-season run, but if we don't, I won't panic.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
27 Sep 2021 13:29
I wonder if Deguara will work into more of a prominent role or if what we are seeing now is how they want him to be used.
I'm wondering if any of our role players will ever be more than what they are.

Lazard is all but ignored in the passing game, even when he's open. Cobb had a few catches last week, but is mostly a sprinkle in. Deguara has had a few designed plays for him.

We're going all in on the "playmaker" mentality. The ball is going to Davante, Jones, and to a lesser extent Tonyan and shots at MVS. That's really it. No one else is going to put up any sort of stats it seems.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Sep 2021 15:31
lupedafiasco wrote:
27 Sep 2021 15:24
If we win our next 3, the following 5-game stretch is so tough that I will still maintain full faith in this team's contender status even if they go 2-3 throughout that 5.

That would up us at 7-4 and set us up to finish 12-5 or so and host a playoff game or two as a 2 or 3 seed.

I hope we do better than that in our crucial mid-season run, but if we don't, I won't panic.
They’ll be playing playoff caliber teams so to me they need to pull out the majority of these games to be taken seriously in the playoffs.

I’m not concerned if they end up with a losing record during that stretch if they look competitive. If I see another Saints performance I would be upset.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Sep 2021 14:56
BF004 wrote:
27 Sep 2021 14:25
I'd be shocked if we don't win our next 3. Cincy is the only one worth a dang. The Steelers are beat. I dunno what happened week one against the Bills, but it looks just as weird now as our performance against the Saints. I'm completely willing, as a fan, to look ahead and say we darn well better be 5-1 three weeks from now.
Packers fans can go from so doom and gloom to so overconfident in the snap of a finger, lol.

We played mostly great yesterday, but needed a near historic unlikely comeback to squeek it out. But to go 3 times without showing up like we did like the Saints, or even modestly in that direction isn't a given. Cincy been playing really tough and we go there and we got a division game on the road, with TJ Watt, Steelers are talented.

We should win each individual game, but to overwhelmingly expect to win all 3 is different. Even with maybe an 80% chance of winning each game, just a flip of the coin that we win all 3. Just a lot more ways we can go 2-1 than 3-0.

Just rambling, but I like what I said better, at worst 4-2. :lol: :aok:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I'm not saying I am expecting to win our next 3, but I am saying we better win our next three.

I am never going to play the confident card this year. One game at a time. Enjoy the ride and beat the Steelers.

Interesting how we have to play the league's two best pass rushers two weeks in a row. My biggest hope for Pittsburgh is this is the game our defense just balls out. I would love to hold em to 10 or less.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

take away the refs gifting the Niners and we held them to 14 points, this team is still potent enough to expect to win every game, specially when we get our injured back, sure I expect we'll lose a couple, but that was no fluke last night, that loss 3 weeks ago was a anomaly, mostly lack of prep and a discombobulated off season, each game we improved since, and where doing so missing key roll players, nows not the time to peak anyway, baby steps :banana:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

MLF said that after the kick return before the half, Allen Lazard went to the ST coordinator and said he wants in on KO coverage and he won't let that happen again, and thus, Lazard joined kick coverage.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
27 Sep 2021 15:59
Packers fans can go from so doom and gloom to so overconfident in the snap of a finger, lol.

We played mostly great yesterday, but needed a near historic unlikely comeback to squeek it out. But to go 3 times without showing up like we did like the Saints, or even modestly in that direction isn't a given. Cincy been playing really tough and we go there and we got a division game on the road, with TJ Watt, Steelers are talented.

We should win each individual game, but to overwhelmingly expect to win all 3 is different. Even with maybe an 80% chance of winning each game, just a flip of the coin that we win all 3. Just a lot more ways we can go 2-1 than 3-0.

Just rambling, but I like what I said better, at worst 4-2.
Not sure if you noticed, but I have never been doom and gloom about this team. Nothing changed about my expectations for this stretch of the schedule aside from realizing that the Steelers aren't very good. I consistently said that our team is evenly matched with the 49ers, but it would take a lot of good scheming and adjustments to make up for the loss of Jenkins... No switch has flipped for me. Winning against the Steelers, Bengals, and Bears absolutely is and should be expected from a team of our caliber.

The Steelers are garbage. The Bears are a dumpster fire. And the Bengals are still a work in progress. A team that has gone 13-3 for two straight years, gone to two straight conference championship games, and returns 21 starters is a team its fans should believe in. Especially after last night. They're together now. They grew up. They're ready. We're good.