Packers @ 49ers GDT 9/26/21 7:20pm CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The San Francisco offense would average only 4.6 yards per play against Green Bay. For some context, the Atlanta Falcons are averaging 4.7 yards per play for the season, and that ranks 28th in the NFL.
My lord the defense played well. Insert striped Ungulates...

https://cheeseheadtv.com/blog/green-bay ... umbers-150
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
28 Sep 2021 08:36
1st timeout used was on the challenge
2nd timeout used on the play after Davante Adams got mauled and Rodgers just bombed it to MVS and started to panic (this may have also been used to let Adams back in the game?)
3rd timeout was used on the Rodgers throw to Adams on the fade with Mosely in coverage that ended in incomplete.
Ah, so it was a 3rd and 10 to avoid a 3rd and 15.

And the Adams fade was red zone 3rd down, not inside the ten.

At least one, though, was as the clock was expiring; you're right, though, that I was thinking of the delay that got called when Rodgers failed to get the TO in time as one of them. They still were both used on 3rd downs, though.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Key third downs that made this game close I thought were gifted to the 9ers or the 9ers just made a GREAT play:

3rd and 4 at SF 10: Pass of 4 yards to Deebo Samuel. Gets blown up by Savage. Holds on. Friendly spot (won't complain too much) - eventually punts and GB responds on 87 yard TD drive.

3rd and 5 at GB 6: - Penalty DPI on Eric Stokes (one I thought was pretty ticky tack) - SF gets TD after another failed call of grounding

3rd and 14 at SF 15: Penalty DPI on Eric Stokes (terrible call) - SF gets a TD

3rd and 10 at GB 36: Amazing catch by Deebo Samuel with Alexander in coverage for 12 yards - SF gets a TD

San Francisco gets 21 points on those plays when it should have been 3. 2 of them were amazing hats off to SF. 2 of them were bullsh*t.

Key plays where GB's defense lost the play:

3rd and 9 at GB 24: Pass to Deebo Samuel tackled by Amos. (found hole in our zone. Primarily defense failed because no pressure was created. 97 and 96 rushed from right side and had 3 OL blocking. 91 and 52 came from Left side and were blocked by the RT and RG. 91 and 52 failed miserably)

3rd and Goal at GB 8: TD to Brandon Aiyuk (sent 7 on a blitz. 94, 93, 95, 47, 53, 31 at LOS and 42 from linebacker level. Burks was half a second from making the sack).
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
28 Sep 2021 09:48
Burks was half a second from making the sack).
I would love it so much if he would stick one of those sacks just one time. I feel if he finished the play once, he may could begin to stack success and do it more often. Its crazy how every play he seems to be a step short. That wasnt his fault at all, but that just seems to be the story of his career thus far.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
3rd and Goal at GB 8: TD to Brandon Aiyuk (sent 7 on a blitz. 94, 93, 95, 47, 53, 31 at LOS and 42 from linebacker level. Burks was half a second from making the sack).

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Sep 2021 10:02
go pak go wrote:
I would love it so much if he would stick one of those sacks just one time. I feel if he finished the play once, he may could begin to stack success and do it more often. Its crazy how every play he seems to be a step short. That wasnt his fault at all, but that just seems to be the story of his career thus far.
The Burks play that irked me so bad was in the 3rd quarter first drive at midfield where he went into the wrong hole and Sermon took advantage and cut left to gain 16 yards. That should have been stopped at the LOS but Burks played it horribly.

It's frustrating because you can start to see the talent. You can start to see him getting more comfortable. Overall I would rather have him in the game than Summers. But he just occasionally is still making "dumb" plays.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Sep 2021 10:03
go pak go wrote:
It was really weird actually seeing opponents target Alexander. We haven't seen it since 2019.

I think we got something in Eric Stokes guys. He is actually making Alexander look human again because QBs are picking on him.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
28 Sep 2021 10:05
Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
The Burks play that irked me so bad was in the 3rd quarter first drive at midfield where he went into the wrong hole and Sermon took advantage and cut left to gain 16 yards. That should have been stopped at the LOS but Burks played it horribly.

It's frustrating because you can start to see the talent. You can start to see him getting more comfortable. Overall I would rather have him in the game than Summers. But he just occasionally is still making "dumb" plays.
Yeah its always been his instincts and awareness. he has the physical tools and athleticism, his instincts are just like all time awful. I cant tell you how many time hes takes himself out of a play by taking one or two steps completely in the wrong direction, then adjusts and goes the right way, and finishes a step or two away from where the tackle was made. All while if he had just not wasted those steps he would have been at the ball 4 yards before where the tackle was made. Its a really strange thing. I hope Barnes is back soon. Coaches didn't seem too happy with Burks or Summers play the way they kept rotating them back and forth...almost to see which one was going to be able to handle the moment. My guess is that was the most snaps I had ever seen Burks get in a meaningful game and moments.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

That route by Ayuik was a little sicker than I realized at the time. That was a sweet play by them.

And yeah, love Stokes. Once I saw his personality and read his college coach's comments about his demeanor, I knew we'd have something. His physical skills are obvious, but you had to wonder if he could be coached up. Finding otut he kind of dude he is I was like "oh cool. He WILL learn, it's just a matter of time."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Burks did have half a sack too. Just thought I'd point that out.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I just realized on that play where Burks almost got the sack, even on that play he rounded his pursuit of the QB. He went wide, then came back in on a line toward Jimmy. I believe if he just went straight to Jimmy from where he is lined up he gets that sack. Looks like about 3-5 extra steps that he took to me.
Last edited by Drj820 on 28 Sep 2021 10:31, edited 1 time in total.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Sep 2021 10:26
That route by Ayuik was a little sicker than I realized at the time. That was a sweet play by them.

And yeah, love Stokes. Once I saw his personality and read his college coach's comments about his demeanor, I knew we'd have something. His physical skills are obvious, but you had to wonder if he could be coached up. Finding otut he kind of dude he is I was like "oh cool. He WILL learn, it's just a matter of time."
Aiyuk is so nasty in my opinion. Not sure why he has been in Shanny dog house. Great player.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Here is the Sermon run:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Sep 2021 10:29
go pak go wrote:
Drj820 wrote:

I just realized on that play where Burks almost got the sack, even on that play he rounded his pursuit of the QB. He went wide, then came back in on a line toward Jimmy. I believe if he just went straight to Jimmy from where he is lined up he gets that sack. Looks like about 3-5 extra steps that he took to me.
Agreed. It took him far too long to get there. When watching the play, the length of time it took for him to get there almost makes it appear he was blitzing from the safety spot rather than linebacker level.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
28 Sep 2021 10:31
Here is the Sermon run:
I mean it was a sick play by Sermon too. He deserves a lot of credit for that. Harder to blame Burks now that I am not watching it from the "camera behind the play" viewpoint.

How did you time stamp that video? That was awesome.
Last edited by go pak go on 28 Sep 2021 10:38, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

There really isn't a whole lot wrong with Burks play on this particular run. He is the frontside backer here, which means he doesn't have the cutback. This play works because Amos isn't flat enough and the ROLB (I think Garvin) got thrown to the ground. Campbell has to respect the swing pass to the FB. I am not saying anything about Burks as a whole, just that this play isn't really on him. 1 ILB or player can't take both the frontside of the run AND the cutback at the same time.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
28 Sep 2021 10:36

I mean it was a sick play by Sermon too. He deserves a lot of credit for that.

How did you time stamp that video? That was awesome.
Pause it, Share, check the "Start at:" checkbox.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Sep 2021 10:29
Agree with this based on just my own fan perspective, but I found myself wondering if his assignment was to fake that he was in a coverage role in the flat and then blitz, because he definitely went laterally first rather than running a twist closer to the action.