Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

YoHoChecko wrote:
27 Sep 2021 20:46
I'm so sad that the week we had this epic win that makes me want to live, breathe, and sleep football coverage... is also the week that the media explodes as Tom Brady's return to New England approaches.
Already sick of that crap. Personally, I hope the Patriots kick their asses.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Does MM have something going in Dallas?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
28 Sep 2021 06:56
Something as in the best team and roster to win an awful NFCE? Yes.

Something as in a real contender? TBD

But when you watch their games you still see a lot of the same stuff that made us furious. Like clock management practices.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Sep 2021 07:11
go pak go wrote:

But when you watch their games you still see a lot of the same stuff that made us furious. Like clock management practices.
Looked pretty good to me. Though it helped them how lost Jalen Hurts looks when his first read isn't there.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Sep 2021 07:38
Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Looked pretty good to me. Though it helped them how lost Jalen Hurts looks when his first read isn't there.
Yeah, I said TBD just because I think the Eagles are like awful so its hard to take too much from the game...but ya they look improved. Quinn has the defense playing better for sure.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Sep 2021 07:55
YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Sep 2021 07:38
Drj820 wrote:

Yeah, I said TBD just because I think the Eagles are like awful so its hard to take too much from the game...but ya they look improved. Quinn has the defense playing better for sure.
With them being in an easy division, they could start really racking up some wins. They are essentially one play away from being 3-0 and beating the defending the champs.

So take the Rams. Though I think they are probably the standard right now in the NFC, they also play in the hardest division that will likely beat up their record.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yeah I think the Rams, Bucs, Packers, and Cowboys are probably the top 4 teams in the NFC right now with the Panthers, Cardinals, and 49ers right there in the next tier. But given how the divisions are (un)balanced, who knows how that might shake out record-and-seeding-wise

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
28 Sep 2021 08:22
Yeah I think the Rams, Bucs, Packers, and Cowboys are probably the top 4 teams in the NFC right now with the Panthers, Cardinals, and 49ers right there in the next tier. But given how the divisions are (un)balanced, who knows how that might shake out record-and-seeding-wise
I think I am a bigger believer in MN than most. That win for them over the Seahawks and really taking it to the Cardinals says something.

If they beat Cleveland this week at home, I think they are a team to watch out for. November is a brutal month in our schedule.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

For whatever it is worth.
image.png
image.png (101.57 KiB) Viewed 363 times
RIP JustJeff

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I saw that. It's goes by the guys own power rankings, just FYI.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah I don't buy it. We play the NFC West and AFC North with our other AFC team being the Chiefs.

Our "easiest" games are vs Pittsburgh, Cincy and our NFC North foes (could probably put WASH in there too). But everything else in my mind is pretty brutal.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

This man would at worst walk into the building and be the second best ILB on the team.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
28 Sep 2021 20:43

This man would at worst walk into the building and be the second best ILB on the team.
I am so confused about his career. Like how are you a world beater in ONE system and absolute garbage anywhere else you go, even when the coaching staff has familiarity?

It's so baffling to me.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

Saw that last night and I'm thinking, "what the hell?" The other team gets the ball coming back from halftime, at least try to do something before you go in.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Drj820 wrote:

He wouldn’t.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:

This man is the biggest reason why Aaron Jones had 4 TDs.
Yoop wrote:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

go pak go wrote:
29 Sep 2021 19:11
https://www.mlive.com/lions/2021/09/emb ... asons.html

His effort as well as his performance are under renewed fire after his struggles deepened in both losses to open this season. He allowed all three passes thrown his way to be caught in the loss against Green Bay on Monday night, and was burned for a touchdown by running back Aaron Jones.

“Look, Jamie had some mistakes,” head coach Dan Campbell said. “It wasn’t certainly his best performance.”

When asked directly about Collins’ effort a day later, Campbell wouldn’t offer the same defense.
“Does he move with the same effort or have the same effort as Alex Anzalone ? No, I don’t (think so),” Campbell said.
“I think Alex just plays at a high level all the time. That’s him. That’s how it goes.”
IT. IS. TIME

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BSA wrote:
29 Sep 2021 21:06
go pak go wrote:
29 Sep 2021 19:11
https://www.mlive.com/lions/2021/09/emb ... asons.html

His effort as well as his performance are under renewed fire after his struggles deepened in both losses to open this season. He allowed all three passes thrown his way to be caught in the loss against Green Bay on Monday night, and was burned for a touchdown by running back Aaron Jones.

“Look, Jamie had some mistakes,” head coach Dan Campbell said. “It wasn’t certainly his best performance.”

When asked directly about Collins’ effort a day later, Campbell wouldn’t offer the same defense.
“Does he move with the same effort or have the same effort as Alex Anzalone ? No, I don’t (think so),” Campbell said.
“I think Alex just plays at a high level all the time. That’s him. That’s how it goes.”
Playing for the Lions can demoralize a man. Ask Barry and Calvin Johnson. :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The Chiefs very well might be this play away from 0-3:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Drj820 wrote:
go pak go wrote:

I was at a restaurant in Vegas for Monday Night's Eagles vs. Cowboys game. My section was populated with lots of Cowboys fans who were watching the game. Towards the end of the first half Mac called a time out that was so typical of his days with us. I chuckled when one of them jumped up and ranted about "he's such an idiot, etc.."

I still think he's good enough to win a championship if given the right talent.