Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

The Jags are about to go up 3 scores on the Bengals? Fun times

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Sep 2021 20:34
The Jags are about to go up 3 scores on the Bengals? Fun times
Boy I sure jinxed that

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Logan Wilson is such a stud; not saying we should have taken him over AJ Dillon or anything, but I did like that guy.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Damn, Dre, Snoop, Em and others for Super Bowl halftime show.

That's gunna be amazing.

Hope like hell we are talking about how can do the 14 point swing after scoring right before the half and getting the ball to start the half.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
30 Sep 2021 20:55

That's gunna be amazing.

Hope like hell we are talking about how can do the 14 point swing after scoring right before the half and getting the ball to start the half.
Loved last years halftime show. I think most people here didn’t like it. Big fan of The Weeknd myself. This years seems pretty good. Looks like the NFL is finally starting to move on from the female friendly &%$@ pop music like Katy Perry and Jennifer Lopez.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Still waiting on a metal band getting in on the halftime show. Closest there has ever been is Slash played once I think. It'll never happen, but I can hope.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
30 Sep 2021 20:42
Logan Wilson is such a stud; not saying we should have taken him over AJ Dillon or anything, but I did like that guy.
That was my guy at LB. he was too productive in college and tested to well not to work out.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

paco wrote:
01 Oct 2021 06:57
Still waiting on a metal band getting in on the halftime show. Closest there has ever been is Slash played once I think. It'll never happen, but I can hope.
Any type of metal or rock would be the most tuned out halftime show. Just not relevant anymore.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
01 Oct 2021 08:06
paco wrote:
Any type of metal or rock would be the most tuned out halftime show. Just not relevant anymore.
I agree on the first sentence, but definitely not the last. It's more relevant now than ever. Doesn't make people like it more.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

if they insist on going rock n roll...there is only one choice...CREED!
Attachments
creed halftime.gif
creed halftime.gif (3.83 MiB) Viewed 286 times
creed dallas.gif
creed dallas.gif (2.3 MiB) Viewed 286 times
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Error: video_source_file:= "Halftime_Show" event_name:= "Super Bowl XXXII" does not exist: return:= "$%@# elway copter"

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

paco wrote:
01 Oct 2021 08:32
lupedafiasco wrote:
paco wrote:
I agree on the first sentence, but definitely not the last. It's more relevant now than ever. Doesn't make people like it more.
Purely to alleviate my curiosity - what determines the relevancy of music? I never thought about it, but my knee-jerk reaction would be to equate popularity with relevancy.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Sep 2021 21:01
BF004 wrote:

That's gunna be amazing.
Loved last years halftime show. I think most people here didn’t like it. Big fan of The Weeknd myself. This years seems pretty good. Looks like the NFL is finally starting to move on from the female friendly &%$@ pop music like Katy Perry and Jennifer Lopez.
I generally enjoy all the halftime shows; but in the moment, I'm always annoyed that it's an extra long break from the big football game I'm into. But I'm glad they mix it up and try to get different major genres involved and different markets reached.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

YoHoChecko wrote:
01 Oct 2021 09:04
lupedafiasco wrote:
30 Sep 2021 21:01
BF004 wrote:

That's gunna be amazing.
I generally enjoy all the halftime shows; but in the moment, I'm always annoyed that it's an extra long break from the big football game I'm into. But I'm glad they mix it up and try to get different major genres involved and different markets reached.
Maybe I'm just old a grouchy, but these shows need to be "play the hits". There shouldn't be a song that I dislike or even worse, have never heard of. This isn't the time for "here's one from our new album". Seems there are fewer and fewer viable options that can pull this off, these days. Maybe they should condense the time window a little more and get rid of some of the fluff.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

NCF wrote:
01 Oct 2021 09:51
Seems there are fewer and fewer viable options that can pull this off, these days.
That';s the thing, right? There's no such band as the Beatles anymore. The top songs aren't universal. We're vastly split along genres. So taking top performers from different genres to at least get the best out of a certain following while still mainstream enough that most have heard of them and songs will sound familiar... it's the best they can do and they do it.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

I'd be okay with Paul McCartney every year until he can't.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

BF004 wrote:

That's gunna be amazing.

Obviously, my age is showing here, but BLAH! I will find something else to do during halftime.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
01 Oct 2021 10:12
I'd be okay with Paul McCartney every year until he can't.
Great way for me to catch up on some sleep.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Half Empty wrote:
01 Oct 2021 08:56
paco wrote:
01 Oct 2021 08:32
lupedafiasco wrote:

Purely to alleviate my curiosity - what determines the relevancy of music? I never thought about it, but my knee-jerk reaction would be to equate popularity with relevancy.
If you take the dictionary meaning of the word... appropriate to the current time, period, or circumstances; of contemporary interest.
Everything applies except the last part. While metal does have pockets of popularity, I wouldn't classify it as "contemporary interest". But so much of metal today conveys the messages and feelings of what so many are feeling today. So in that way, its extremely relevant. Metal isn't all about satan, demons, and eviscerating people. Same as not all country is about the dude's truck and rap isn't all about hoes, weed, and shooting people.

I know that's not what Lupe was referring to. It's more about what most people listen to and that'll never be metal in any sort of extreme-ish form. Ok, done with my mini let's respect metal rant.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

williewasgreat wrote:
01 Oct 2021 10:31
BF004 wrote:

That's gunna be amazing.

Obviously, my age is showing here, but BLAH! I will find something else to do during halftime.
I am by no means a 'rap' fan, but those guys have some all time classics from the 90's on.