Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

YoHoChecko wrote:
01 Oct 2021 09:04
I generally enjoy all the halftime shows;
I've never seen one.
I've seen 50 Super Bowls... zero half time shows. :mrgreen:
IT. IS. TIME

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

paco wrote:
01 Oct 2021 06:57
Still waiting on a metal band getting in on the halftime show. Closest there has ever been is Slash played once I think. It'll never happen, but I can hope.
My dream halftime show is Iron Maiden playing the entire, un-cut Rime of the Ancient Mariner complete with a sailing ship stage and fog machines. :lol:
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

One thing I've wondered is that does the SB halftime show have to be a rather traditional musical performance?

The amount of universally liked artists is only gonna go down. The distribution of music is getting more diversified from the dictator-power radio stations and MTV that essentially forced people everywhere to hear the same music (even in Finland), to the "choose your own music taste from the library of the entire world" of Spotify and YouTube.

I wouldn't mind a football-themed performance by Cirque de Soleil, or a Jack-Ass -inspired daredevil thing, or the most expensive commercial of all time, a Hollywood collab, or something else completely new and different. Just look at the opening ceremonies of the Olympics, and there's plenty you can do, other than have an artist play (or "play") the songs everyone has heard over and over and over again.

Something like this adjusted for the 5 second attention span of Americans:

----

If I had the energy, I'd do a mod's duty and break the SB half time show thing into a separate thread.

But I'm spent for the day. And/or lazy.

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

salmar80 wrote:
01 Oct 2021 13:05
One thing I've wondered is that does the SB halftime show have to be a rather traditional musical performance?
They already do the simulcast with the Manning Bro's on MNF, it won't be long before there are 5 Half Time shows and channels to chose from.
Rather than fight the diversification you mentioned above - they simply embrace and monetize it.

LOL on the 5 second attention span comment, spot on ( and 5 might be generous...)
IT. IS. TIME

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

BSA wrote:
01 Oct 2021 13:15
salmar80 wrote:
01 Oct 2021 13:05
They already do the simulcast with the Manning Bro's on MNF, it won't be long before there are 5 Half Time shows and channels to chose from.
Rather than fight the diversification you mentioned above - they simply embrace and monetize it.

LOL on the 5 second attention span comment, spot on ( and 5 might be generous...)
There's a lot to think about when it comes to this topic.

Manning Bros are doing a valuable eye-opener to what watching NFL could be.

But they're essentially only doing what others on YouTube and Twitch have been doing for a while, but with official rights to show the game along with the commentary. There's potential for all kinds of things here.

Meanwhile, the commentary in actual games has evaporated into meaninglessness. Pre-, half-time and post- game shows of traditional broadcasters are jokes. Amid all the commercials, no analyst has any time to analyze. Or to say anything that requires explanation, or to teach a new audience about the game of football.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Only two undefeated teams left, could be one by tonight.

And we play Arizona, so we still control our own destiny to first round bye.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
04 Oct 2021 08:09
Only two undefeated teams left, could be one by tonight.

And we play Arizona, so we still control our own destiny to first round bye.
Kind of looking forward to playing the Cards. I guess that would be the real measuring stick. Not much to take from week 1. Not much to take away from the last 3 weeks either. Our opponents on the year are 5-11 so I don’t think we can say we’ve done anything but beaten who has been in front of us besides the Saints.

I will say with the way these injuries are going down for us I am concerned for the Bengals game.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I see the Bears RB Montgomery injured his knee yesterday. That's a big loss for them if he's out for any extended length of time.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
04 Oct 2021 10:52
Kind of looking forward to playing the Cards. I guess that would be the real measuring stick. Not much to take from week 1. Not much to take away from the last 3 weeks either. Our opponents on the year are 5-11 so I don’t think we can say we’ve done anything but beaten who has been in front of us besides the Saints.
I take plenty from week 3.

I also take something from the fact that we won by double digits against the bad teams we played in weeks 2 and 4.

I don't like to think of individual games as measuring sticks if we can avoid it, given the "any given sunday-ness" of the league, but I do think that the 5-game stretch of Cardinals-Chiefs-Seahawks-Vikings-Rams is a good collective measuring stick.
3-2 or better, :aok:
2-3 or worse, :roll:

Interesting to see if MLF can avoid losing his "never lost consecutive games" streak through there

I also will be interested in our collective records against the AFC North (a good division) and the NFC West (a good division) come the end of the year.

Realist
Reactions:

Post by Realist »

APB wrote:
04 Oct 2021 14:29
I see the Bears RB Montgomery injured his knee yesterday. That's a big loss for them if he's out for any extended length of time.
It looked gruesome. Fox wouldn't even show the replay. I thought they showed him walking later but that doesnt always mean anything. Despite the rivalry I hope its not terrible. Good kid.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Oct 2021 14:35
lupedafiasco wrote:

I also take something from the fact that we won by double digits against the bad teams we played in weeks 2 and 4.

I don't like to think of individual games as measuring sticks if we can avoid it, given the "any given sunday-ness" of the league, but I do think that the 5-game stretch of Cardinals-Chiefs-Seahawks-Vikings-Rams is a good collective measuring stick.

Interesting to see if MLF can avoid losing his "never lost consecutive games" streak through there

I also will be interested in our collective records against the AFC North (a good division) and the NFC West (a good division) come the end of the year.
I dont think the Chiefs, Seahawks, or Vikings are that good. I think the Vikings are definitely better than their record but they arent a special team either. Seahawks I think are garbage. Theyve got Wilson, Lockett, Metcalf, Wagner, and a bunch of bums. The Rams are legit but the Cardinals are just on another level. I dont know how you stop a team that just spreads you out with Hopkins, AJ Green, Kirk, and Rondale Moore, has basically a more accurate Lamar Jackson at QB. Oh and when you spread out your defense to stop all that they just run the options with Edmunds and Murray and on short yardage they slam Connor at you. Not to mention their defense that has speed everywhere.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I guess I’m just kind of waiting for something to go wrong with the Cardinals, like it usually eventually does.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Panthers have promoted Kamal Martin from the practice squad.

Am I supposed to believe he is worse than Oren Burks?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
04 Oct 2021 19:21

Am I supposed to believe he was better?
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

lupedafiasco wrote:
04 Oct 2021 15:10
YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Oct 2021 14:35
lupedafiasco wrote:

I dont think the Chiefs, Seahawks, or Vikings are that good. I think the Vikings are definitely better than their record but they arent a special team either. Seahawks I think are garbage. Theyve got Wilson, Lockett, Metcalf, Wagner, and a bunch of bums. The Rams are legit but the Cardinals are just on another level. I dont know how you stop a team that just spreads you out with Hopkins, AJ Green, Kirk, and Rondale Moore, has basically a more accurate Lamar Jackson at QB. Oh and when you spread out your defense to stop all that they just run the options with Edmunds and Murray and on short yardage they slam Connor at you. Not to mention their defense that has speed everywhere.
Meh I'm not ready to crown anyone in week 4. Rams played like we did week 1. Cards have talent but they are some scary monster. They played like crap at times this year also.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
04 Oct 2021 19:26
Drj820 wrote:
04 Oct 2021 19:21

Am I supposed to believe he was better?
Have you seen burks play in games?

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Starting to get jacked up for the game vs the Hogs at Lambeau. It'll be my first time back to Lambeau since January 12th, 2020. Go Pack Go!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

What could have been... Man I loved this guy coming out of Clemson. Great slot receiver for LV.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Refs strike again smh.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Something needs to change here. Justice needs to happen. Everyone hates this rule besides old rich white men.

I don't know if the coaches can have a gentleman's agreement but I am getting to the point where that needs to happen. I would have been very impressed if LAC declined the penalty. Or take it a knotch further and have an agreement between the two teams that if one team can't decline the penalty, the immediate next play the offense gets a handoff where the RB gets the 15 yards and runs out of bounds.

I know this won't happen but these penalties are ruining the game. Literally nobody likes the officiating this year. And yet it seems that NFL doesn't care at all.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.