Steelers @ Packers GDT 10/3/2021 at 3:25 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Il stand up for Stokes. Steelers have good WRs. Stokes was the obvious choice to get picked on due to Alexander being so good. Stokes is a rookie, he took some lumps but the d gave up 10 points through 3.5 quarters. In the nfl, you give up way more than that with a corner playing “awful”. He gave up some completions but he báttled and tackled well. I don’t think he hurt us much. I’m cool with his performance for 2nd ever start in the league.
Last edited by Drj820 on 03 Oct 2021 18:47, edited 1 time in total.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

paco wrote:
03 Oct 2021 18:43
go pak go wrote:
03 Oct 2021 18:39
The Bengals WRs are no joke. I am not looking forward to rolling our CBs into Paul Brown Stadium without Alexander.
Stokes needs to stay on Chase. But it'll be important to keep up that pressure.
I mean it seems like 30% to 40% of snaps we essentially "give up" with the Garvin/Rivers package. I am getting less and less confidence we can rely on a consistent pass rush.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Oct 2021 18:46
Il stand up for Stokes. Steelers have good WRs. Stokes was the obvious choice to get picked on due to Alexander being so good. Stokes is a rookie, he took some lumps but the d gave up 10 points through 3.5 quarters. In the nfl, you give up way more than that with a corner playing “awful”. He took some lumps but he báttled. I don’t think he hurt us much. I’m cool with his performance for 2nd ever start in the league.
I mean it should have been 24 points in the first 3.5 quarters. We were beat twice by Schuster which was TDs twice if Ben hit it right.

And those were passes any NFL QB should hit.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Good to see week 1 was a fluke. I liked to see Cobb gettin it done because I was afraid he‘d deteriorate quickly like Driver in 2011/12 when they sent out LBs to cover him. Alexander is bad news but I hope it is just 1-2 months. Live is good at the moment for us Packers fans.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
03 Oct 2021 18:48
Drj820 wrote:
03 Oct 2021 18:46
Il stand up for Stokes. Steelers have good WRs. Stokes was the obvious choice to get picked on due to Alexander being so good. Stokes is a rookie, he took some lumps but the d gave up 10 points through 3.5 quarters. In the nfl, you give up way more than that with a corner playing “awful”. He took some lumps but he báttled. I don’t think he hurt us much. I’m cool with his performance for 2nd ever start in the league.
I mean it should have been 24 points in the first 3.5 quarters. We were beat twice by Schuster which was TDs twice if Ben hit it right.
You give a rookie no help over the top and he gets beat twice by a quality WR that end in 0 completions? Not something I’m upset about. I wouldnt care even if they were completions. I would say stokes needed some over the top help at this point in his career against a Juju. I’m not beating up Stokes for those two plays at all. Plus schuster had like a step or two on him, not 5...and he is like their MVS...Schuster probably only catches one of those balls even if it was a perfect pass.
Last edited by Drj820 on 03 Oct 2021 19:07, edited 1 time in total.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

As a rule, AC Joint injuries are "better" to receive than labrum/rotator cuff or collar bone injuries. AC Joint injuries usually heal on their own and rotation is regained quicker.

Of course all of this is dependent on the severity of the injury.
Yoop wrote:

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Was Alexander‘s tackle (the one he got hurt) a good one anyway? For me it looked bad because he just threw himself into the guy instead of grabbing him, making more sure he won‘t escape. But I never played and my knowledge of the game details tend to zero. So anybody with an educated guess on the quality of the tackle (that surely looked impressive)?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

German_Panzer wrote:
03 Oct 2021 19:07
Was Alexander‘s tackle (the one he got hurt) a good one anyway? For me it looked bad because he just threw himself into the guy instead of grabbing him, making more sure he won‘t escape. But I never played and my knowledge of the game details tend to zero. So anybody with an educated guess on the quality of the tackle (that surely looked impressive)?
Considering the size difference I don't hate it. The biggest thing is your backup needs to come and help out.
Yoop wrote:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

go pak go wrote: Eric Stokes got absolutely destroyed the first 3 quarters. Seemed like he had issues with the turf.

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

go pak go wrote:
03 Oct 2021 19:10
German_Panzer wrote:
03 Oct 2021 19:07
Considering the size difference I don't hate it. The biggest thing is your backup needs to come and help out.
It is how small CBs take out big RBs. The legs. Even if the RB doesn't go down, the help gets him.

The other option for the CB is the Ole. Trademarked by Antonio Cromartie.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

He probably didn't wrap well since he hurt the shoulder.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Ghost_Lombardi
Reactions:

Post by Ghost_Lombardi »

Hopefully is a 1 AC. Not a 3.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Our defense seems to be rolling out the rarely seen break-but-don't-bend mentality...

6th in yards allowed; 20th in points allowed.

Genuinely tough to come here and see a rookie CB who had 2 PDs and an INT getting toasted by [mention]go pak go[/mention] in a game in which we gave up a total of 282 yards and won by ten points after they got a garbage time TD with 4 minutes and change left.

As [mention]Drj820[/mention] said, if a CB gets destroyed, the opposing team finds more success than that; even if some throws were left on the table.
Last edited by YoHoChecko on 03 Oct 2021 20:38, edited 1 time in total.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

72 plays this week
23 first downs
350+ yards
allowed <300 yards
very few penalties
+9.5 minutes in time of possession
dominated 3rd downs on both sides of the ball

This is good stuff. This is the kind of output I expect from the team

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

As I have said that I would...I have updated my mental model on Joe Barry. He doesn’t seem to be doing great, but he’s doing fine. And that is better that god awful, and that’s what I was saying he was. So, congrats to Joe on his promotion in my mind from awful, to “fine”. I will give further updates as necessary. It’s not easy to play decent with Dean Lowry and Oren Burks playing significant snaps.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I don't understand what is so wrong about me grading plays how they should be graded.

We left two TDs on the field as a defense if a decent throw is made. That makes the Steelers have 31 points. People would be b*tching then.

There were good things this defense did. They held them to the 20 points or less threshold. I thought Stokes in particular played awesome in the 4th quarter. They came up huge on 4th down stops today that was awesome. D'Vondre Campbell and Kenny Clark are really starting to make this front 7 dangerous.
Yoop wrote:

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Ghost_Lombardi wrote:
03 Oct 2021 20:24
Hopefully is a 1 AC. Not a 3.
If it is a 1 how long could he be out?

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
03 Oct 2021 20:50
I don't understand what is so wrong about me grading plays how they should be graded.

We left two TDs on the field as a defense if a decent throw is made. That makes the Steelers have 31 points. People would be b*tching then.

There were good things this defense did. They held them to the 20 points or less threshold. I thought Stokes in particular played awesome in the 4th quarter. They came up huge on 4th down stops today that was awesome. D'Vondre Campbell and Kenny Clark are really starting to make this front 7 dangerous.
We held the opposition 30 yards below their season average. We forced a couple turnovers. We led by at least a score for almost the whole game once we pulled ahead. They had six possessions in which they gained no more than 25 yards.

You're giving credit for plays that could have happened instead of what did. And you're exaggerating how bad those were.

Coming out of a ten point win allowing 282 yards and 17 points with massive complaints about the defense is, to put it mildly, weird.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Trust me I know I am not above some good ole fashion hyperbole myself, but this is another example. Rodgers threw this ball when no one else was open on 3rd and 9, missed it by literally 6 inches. He got ripped and it was called a terrible throw. No way it was terrible haha. I’m
Usually the one ripping guys but I really just feel like picking on Burks tonight. Rodgers was average today, not great. But this pass was fine. Just an incompletion. No worries.

This was the 3rd and 9 early 4th quarter near our own goalline btw.
Attachments
4FE4FF44-088C-4568-8452-8B34F019DEBE.png
4FE4FF44-088C-4568-8452-8B34F019DEBE.png (3.61 MiB) Viewed 297 times
781CA877-29E7-47DA-B85D-58E4919BF344.png
781CA877-29E7-47DA-B85D-58E4919BF344.png (4.32 MiB) Viewed 297 times

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

Drj820 wrote:
03 Oct 2021 20:48
As I have said that I would...I have updated my mental model on Joe Barry. He doesn’t seem to be doing great, but he’s doing fine. And that is better that god awful, and that’s what I was saying he was. So, congrats to Joe on his promotion in my mind from awful, to “fine”. I will give further updates as necessary. It’s not easy to play decent with Dean Lowry and Oren Burks playing significant snaps.
Defense looked fine to me, but the Steelers could have a real weak offense. Still, the sample size is too small for a good (predictive) model. Let‘s get to this after half of the season.