Steelers @ Packers GDT 10/3/2021 at 3:25 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
03 Oct 2021 20:30
Our defense seems to be rolling out the rarely seen break-but-don't-bend mentality...

6th in yards allowed; 20th in points allowed.
Interestingly enough, if we take out the Saints game our Points/Game rank would rise to 9th.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

go pak go wrote:
03 Oct 2021 18:39
The Bengals WRs are no joke. I am not looking forward to rolling our CBs into Paul Brown Stadium without Alexander.
I'm not afraid. They're not a real contender.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

texas wrote:
04 Oct 2021 00:35
go pak go wrote:
The Bengals WRs are no joke. I am not looking forward to rolling our CBs into Paul Brown Stadium without Alexander.
The Bengals have a really good team. Essentially they’re running the same offense. Burrow is improving for sure. If Higgins plays they have him, Chase, and Boyd plus Mixon at RB and Uzomah at TE who is coming off a huge. He was good when Eifert was out early in his career as well. That’s a scary offense. Their OLine is what we need to take advantage of.

That defense though is pretty crap. They got a solid front 7 but their DVs are all &%$@ except for Bates who was hurt last week.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
03 Oct 2021 20:50
I don't understand what is so wrong about me grading plays how they should be graded.
nothing except it's the lead in every time you critic a game, maybe flip your comment around, give us the good stuff first, then the not so good stuff, also perfection is rarely attainable, and that includes Rookie CB coverage, as well as aging QB's ;)

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

texas wrote:
04 Oct 2021 00:35
go pak go wrote:
I don't know why that is important. Yeah I don't think Cincy is going to be a SB contending team but I do think they will very much be in the playoff mix. These are the type of games that define seasons. You usually have a handful of top tier games and bottom tier opponents. It's how you do vs the middling guys that separate you.

I temporarily live in Cincy and I was planning on going to the game. I couldn't buy tickets earlier when they were below $100 because I didn't know on the quantity I needed. Now that I know, the Bengals are 3-1 and this town is going CRAZY for the Bengals. It's going to be loud on Sunday. I can't find tickets for like under $290 after broker fees. And the availability of tickets has all but disappeared the last 5 days. At this point I am not going to spend $600 for my wife and I to have crappy seats. We just can't afford that.

But the Bengals have some real players. Burrow is no joke. Mixon can slice you up and their WRs are playmakers. Especially Jamaar Chase. That dude is a big play waiting to happen. They tend to score their points in bunches and seem to be really good in the 4th quarter and late in games.

On defense, they have a respectable pass rush and their ILB Logan Wilson is also a tremendous playmaker.

Add in the fact the last time we won in Cincy was 1998, I think this one is going to be a test. I was really hoping to go. I am kicking myself now for not buying tickets last week. My only hope now is to see if I can nab some tickets this weekend if the price drops enough.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
04 Oct 2021 06:33
go pak go wrote:
03 Oct 2021 20:50
I don't understand what is so wrong about me grading plays how they should be graded.
nothing except it's the lead in every time you critic a game, maybe flip your comment around, give us the good stuff first, then the not so good stuff, also perfection is rarely attainable, and that includes Rookie CB coverage, as well as aging QB's ;)
Yeah. I am interested to watch again, but I think the story of the game was pretty much about just how awful Ben was for the Steelers more than anything else.

As for the Packers, I think the story of the game was our offensive line once again coming huge. Was super impressed with that Oline going against the guys they did. Randall Cob saving our offense and I though AJ Dillon had a heck of a game too.

I really liked Stokes in the 4th quarter and I love D'Vondre Campbell all game. Was underwhelmed with Smith and Gary. Kenny Clark is playing the best ball of his career.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

The Bengals lost to the Bears and have three wins, two close, against teams with a combined record of 2-10.

For all of those weapons haven’t scored more than 27 points in any game.

They’ll get theirs on us, but they don’t strike me as a particularly good team.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Oct 2021 06:59
The Bengals lost to the Bears and have three wins, two close, against teams with a combined record of 2-10.

I still expect a win but if Jaire sits it’ll be a significantly tougher matchup. A road matchup against a decent offense with two of our three best defensive players out is not an easy task.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
04 Oct 2021 07:14
YoHoChecko wrote:

I still expect a win but if Jaire sits it’ll be a significantly tougher matchup. A road matchup against a decent offense with two of our three best defensive players out is not an easy task.
Sure, and I'm on record as saying this 3-game stretch (I forgot about WFT, so I could have said 4-game stretch, but since we're going by on the record, I said 3), the Bengals are the only team that looks lively to me. I get it.

I guess I just don't enjoy the process of kvetching constantly about what might go wrong when we have a good team that's fun to watch and has won 3 straight.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Oct 2021 07:17
APB wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

Sure, and I'm on record as saying this 3-game stretch (I forgot about WFT, so I could have said 4-game stretch, but since we're going by on the record, I said 3), the Bengals are the only team that looks lively to me. I get it.

I guess I just don't enjoy the process of kvetching constantly about what might go wrong when we have a good team that's fun to watch and has won 3 straight.
I’m with you, there. It seems that season opener has spooked a lot of fans and there is a developing tendency to focus on the few negatives rather than the numerous positives. I, like you, prefer to ride the highs rather than continually harp on the lows.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Oct 2021 07:17
APB wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

I actually have more enjoyment finding things to respect in opponents because I am happier and more proud when we beat them.

Like the Steelers yesterday, I had zero respect for. Their Oline and QB is so, so bad that I expected it to be a sh*t show. Overall it was for them and because of that I didn't really appreciate what we did.

But Cincy is a road game where I know the crowd is going to be busting. The Bengals are coming off a mini bye with a QB who is growing chemistry with his WRs. I think this Bengals team will be in the Wildcard hunt in that 6 losses (good end) to 8 losses type season. I think they can be a 10-7 team with their last place schedule.

So I will be impressed and excited if we can go on the road and take care of business like I was equally as excited when we did that in Santa Clara.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Our offense will be enough to win this game. We will put score them even if we don’t have Jaire. Remember MVS? Didn’t seem to miss the guy at all Sunday. Offense could have put up 50 on Pitt if they just wouldn’t have forgotten we can run the ball in the red zone. Same will go for Cincy. Pound the rock, dominate TOP, and we out score them.

We can put up 40. They can put up like 28 even if our d is depleted.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
04 Oct 2021 07:27
I actually have more enjoyment finding things to respect in opponents because I am happier and more proud when we beat them.
Sure, but you can't control the schedule. It's not our fault that we have a 4-game stretch against teams I don't think are very good.

I just feel like when I am fortunate enough to root for a team that is 31-9 in their past 40 games, was tied for the lead with pro bowl players last season, returns 21 of 22 starters, and boasts the league's reigning MVP, it's strange to be among a minority of optimistic fans. I feel like most weeks on this board I have to defend that we're a very good team on the regs.

We're just very obviously a very good team who just dispatched an NFL team easily with a B- performance.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Oct 2021 07:34
go pak go wrote:
Sure, but you can't control the schedule. It's not our fault that we have a 4-game stretch against teams I don't think are very good.

I just feel like when I am fortunate enough to root for a team that is 31-9 in their past 40 games, was tied for the lead with pro bowl players last season, returns 21 of 22 starters, and boasts the league's reigning MVP, it's strange to be among a minority of optimistic fans. I feel like most weeks on this board I have to defend that we're a very good team on the regs.

We're just very obviously a very good team who just dispatched an NFL team easily with a B- performance.
Oh I would be surprised if the board is afraid this week. I certainly am not afraid or worried. But I do have respect for this opponent.

The Bengals team is young and ascending and because of that I think people think it's the 2-14 Bengals of old which they simply aren't anymore. Those were the primary points I was making. This team has legitimate play makers.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Few other things I noted.

1. I think Allen Lazard is the most under appreciated player on this team. The blocking this guy does is unreal. He makes Adams and Jones life so much easier.

2. Teams are figuring the Packers FG team out. The kick in SF to win it, the first Extra Point, the FG before half and the other FG in the 2nd half all had blocked or was extremely close to being blocked. Robert Tonyan - I don't know what he is doing but they got to figure something out. He usually takes the inside guy and lets the outside guy go. On the blocked kick, he let both go.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
04 Oct 2021 07:40
Oh I would be surprised if the board is afraid this week. I certainly am not afraid or worried. But I do have respect for this opponent.

The Bengals team is young and ascending and because of that I think people think it's the 2-14 Bengals of old which they simply aren't anymore. Those were the primary points I was making. This team has legitimate play makers.
Yeah, there's also a trickle down effect where you are high on the Vikings this year, and the Bengals beat the Vikings.
Those Vikings are now 1-3 after scoring only 7 against the Browns. I look at that win as "meh" where you were probably looking at it as an impressive game by the Bengals.

But like, sure, of course Jamar Chase and Tyler Boyd will catch passes against us. I'm just in a stretch of schedule for our team where I expect to win, don't think we need perfect games to do so, and am pretty pleased with the outcomes thus far. It probably helps that I was at a wedding and couldn't watch the Saints game. I dunno.

I just think our team is better than most teams and we're in a light stretch of opponents right now. I understand our limitations and anticipate the 5-game stretch that starts on a Thursday night on the road in Arizona will be brutal, and expect to drop some of those. I just don't know why we need to look like a Super Bowl world beater every week to keep fans happy in the first third of the season.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Oct 2021 07:34
go pak go wrote:

wha...... first you point out all our defacto defecto's, then build cinnci into a defacto power house, hey your not actually a Bungles fan posing as a Packer fan :thwap:

team often play up or down to there opponents, we just brought our B game to this one is all.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Oct 2021 07:47
go pak go wrote:

Yeah, there's also a trickle down effect where you are high on the Vikings this year, and the Bengals beat the Vikings.
Those Vikings are now 1-3 after scoring only 7 against the Browns. I look at that win as "meh" where you were probably looking at it as an impressive game by the Bengals.
That's the bizaare nature of this league right? One play each game can decide things and completely change the outlook of a game.

If MN makes that very make able kick in AZ (or makes their FGs in Cincy even) suddenly they are the only team to beat AZ. There could have been a DPI called on the final play in MN (I'm glad they didn't call it) and suddenly MN has a chance to win 3 in a row vs the Cards, Hawks and Browns.

I think for the most part you have 3 top tier teams in each conference, 3 bottom teams in each conference and then the middle 10 are all about the same with their fate being decided on just that one play or call here or there that either builds momentum or sucks it out before they have a chance.

I believe GB has been in that top tier of the conference the last 3 years.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

The Bengals needed a FG to beat the Jags and lost to the Bears. If we play like dog doo doo, yes we may lose. If we play anything close to our B- or B game...we win this easily and move on. The Bengals are ascending, but they are not there yet..at all. We got this.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
04 Oct 2021 07:46
On the blocked kick, he let both go.
He got a hand on both guys, but they had such a jump that he was playing from behind. When blocking FGs, step down, get a hand on the outside guy to slow him up a bit. He did screw up not getting more of a piece of Fitzpatrick.

I still can't believe we do not have a LoS shot from that play... How is that possible in today's NFL.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."