Jaire

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BSA wrote:
04 Oct 2021 17:00
From SI

According to a study, most AC joint injuries are sustained by receivers and defensive backs. Only 1.7 percent of injuries required surgery and the mean time missed due to the injury was 9.7 days.

In 2019, Steelers cornerback Joe Haden suffered an AC joint injury in the opener but wound up starting all 16 games.
In 2015, Packers receiver Randall Cobb suffered an AC joint injury in the preseason finale but played in all 16 regular-season games.
Good info. Seeing I believe we could probably lose about 8 games and still win the division, and it is a long season...I hope we give all these guys plenty of time to heal up and we learn to live without them...then when they come back for the stretch run they never think of their injuries again and we never have to see guys like Oren burks on the field again late in the year
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

go pak go wrote:
04 Oct 2021 14:55
Usually 2nd opinions aren't what you want to necessarily hear. Because it means there is something there.
2nd opinions mean they are practicing medicine.
They are trying to assess severity/grade and then consider the options. With older players like Cobb, the Packers MDs have a wealth of experience and history to lean on - for a newbie like Alexander- they don't. So that makes it a little harder

The best of the best MDs are in GB, so he can literally take a golf cart over there to check it out
There won't be 1 perfect solution here - each comes with pro's and con's and getting input from several MDs is standard procedure, as opposed to indicating an ominous situation. Once the inflammation settles down - they'll do additional scans and come up with a plan
IT. IS. TIME

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BSA wrote:
04 Oct 2021 17:15
go pak go wrote:
04 Oct 2021 14:55
Usually 2nd opinions aren't what you want to necessarily hear. Because it means there is something there.
2nd opinions mean they are practicing medicine.
They are trying to assess severity/grade and then consider the options. With older players like Cobb, the Packers MDs have a wealth of experience and history to lean on - for a newbie like Alexander- they don't. So that makes it a little harder

The best of the best MDs are in GB, so he can literally take a golf cart over there to check it out
There won't be 1 perfect solution here - each comes with pro's and con's and getting input from several MDs is standard procedure, as opposed to indicating an ominous situation. Once the inflammation settles down - they'll do additional scans and come up with a plan
What I said wasn't wrong. And what you said I completely agree with as well.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

:banana:
APB wrote:
04 Oct 2021 14:22
Yoop wrote:
04 Oct 2021 14:02
TheSkeptic wrote:
04 Oct 2021 13:37

The fact that he hurt it is all over the internet. The 1-6 week estimate came off one of the main YouTube commentaries on the Packers. Right now no one is saying whether it is a strain or a tear but he was clearly in a lot of pain.
well I refuse to accept prognostication on the length of time Alexander will be out from some internet guy looking for clickers, tomorrow or later today the team will announce the extent of the injury.

as I said, Brady and another QB strained theres and played the following week, any time you dislocate a joint it hurts big time, pain though is not always a good indicator of severity of a injury, who knows, god forbid, but this could be a season ender, reality is we'll no nothing till test are completed
Yoop - this is two days in a row I find myself agreeing with you! We've had a break through!! :beer2: :woohoo: :aok:

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

:worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship:
JKB wrote:
04 Oct 2021 19:15
:banana:
APB wrote:
04 Oct 2021 14:22
Yoop wrote:
04 Oct 2021 14:02

well I refuse to accept prognostication on the length of time Alexander will be out from some internet guy looking for clickers, tomorrow or later today the team will announce the extent of the injury.

as I said, Brady and another QB strained theres and played the following week, any time you dislocate a joint it hurts big time, pain though is not always a good indicator of severity of a injury, who knows, god forbid, but this could be a season ender, reality is we'll no nothing till test are completed
Yoop - this is two days in a row I find myself agreeing with you! We've had a break through!! :beer2: :woohoo: :aok:

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Well, everyone was expecting Bak to start on opening day, or perhaps miss 2 games and we see what happened instead.

Everyone was wondering whether Z should play or sit for a week. He played - but not normally and now he is out for months.

Now fans are saying that Jaire will probably only miss 1 week. I don't believe it. And I don't want him to be playing with a harness like King had to as a rookie. I don't think what we are hearing is encouraging:

The 2018 first-round pick left Sunday's 27-17 victory over the Pittsburgh Steelers with an injury to his right shoulder, and the Packers (3-1) on Monday weren't ready to rule out the worst -- that Alexander could be lost indefinitely, if not for the season.
~ESPN

To make matters worse, King is still in concussion protocol after missing 2 games.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Giants just signed Ka'dar Hollman to their PS. Might be a guy we look to bring back if Jaire is out for a while. But I suspect we'll see Savage in a nickel CB roll more with Chandon outside first. Also depends on when King gets back.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So sounds like it is between he might play next week and be out for the season.

Got it. :lol:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
05 Oct 2021 10:13
So sounds like it is between he might play next week and be out for the season.

Got it. :lol:
I saw some discussion about whether he can play effectively in a harness and whether that harness will keep him adequately protected. So yeah, encouraging and discouraging at the same time.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

That is the report I was hoping for.

Honestly I am in the position of rather "let him heal a few weeks" and have him come back with more mobility than putting him out there with a shoulder harness.

I want the real Jaire in 2021. I want as little "compromised" Jaire as possible.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

German_Panzer wrote:
04 Oct 2021 16:22
I am an NFL fan only since 2007. Say, how did it look like in the 80s and 90s. Did teams also have so many injuries like today? Because today it feels that 50% of all teams lose 1-2 key players every season.
From what I recall of the 90s, yes. QBs especially had more injuries, including concussions. I don't know if it's true, but I have heard that ACL tears used to be less common, however.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Oct 2021 11:43
It might not be a bad idea to let him sit this week if we get the best possible news about our star CB.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Pugger wrote:
05 Oct 2021 14:33
Pckfn23 wrote:
It might not be a bad idea to let him sit this week if we get the best possible news about our star CB.
Yes, this is good news.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Pugger wrote:
05 Oct 2021 14:33
Pckfn23 wrote:
Play him against the Bengals and rest him against the Bears. We shouldnt need him for that game. :lol:
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

If he’s healthy enough to play effectively and there is no significant risk of further injury - either naturally or via use of a brace - then let him play. If it’s a pain tolerance issue, let the player decide.

I do not subscribe to the hand wringing “sit him just in case” philosophy.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

That update doesn’t really move the needle for me in terms of “should I be concerned” or “okay good, nothing to be concerned about”.

It just says “it’s possible he could play, but also possible he doesn’t come back for two months...just depends on if the player is at risk of doing more damage...which at this point no one knows.”

Therefore, who knows if this word salad is good news or bad news, it all depends on things that the team doesn’t know yet.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

APB wrote:
05 Oct 2021 18:49
If he’s healthy enough to play effectively and there is no significant risk of further injury - either naturally or via use of a brace - then let him play. If it’s a pain tolerance issue, let the player decide.

I do not subscribe to the hand wringing “sit him just in case” philosophy.
I agree, Bengals are no joke. Game we really wanna win, on the road. Chase has been killing it. Having CB1 would be huge.

But also don’t unnecessarily risk him.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Losing this week against an AFC opponent wouldn't be as damaging as dropping a game to a divisional rival so if an extra week of rest will help Alexander this would be the week to do so.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pugger wrote:
06 Oct 2021 09:30
Losing this week against an AFC opponent wouldn't be as damaging as dropping a game to a divisional rival so if an extra week of rest will help Alexander this would be the week to do so.
Losing a perfectly winnable game is always bad. Have to find a way to win and obviously Jaire would help, big time.

Read More. Post Less.