Steelers @ Packers GDT 10/3/2021 at 3:25 CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

MLF said that Billy Turner was the highest graded Olineman yesterday.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
04 Oct 2021 14:47
I rewatched already and thought Turner was great, especially run blocking. Njiman looked ugly when getting bull rushed. Newman had the sack that was unblocked on that 3rd down. Weird protection and I think other teams are going to do this when we go empty. Basically showed 5 initially rushing and then brought a 6th down before the snap. Ended up dropping the A gap DB and Watt into coverage and the blitzer who showed rush late got through free. Plenty of blame to go around. #1 I hate going empty ever personally. The play clock was at 2 at the snap so no time to motion Jones back to help. No TEs to chip or stay in to block. Gotta be in position to make an adjustment if theyre going to do that and not enough time to do it. Thats on Rodgers. I think the play call is on Lafleur. Just really hate going empty when you have some backups and rookies on the line in there at basically 4 positions. The actual blocking is on Runyan. Im assuming before the late rusher came down Runyan had the guy to his right but the line adjusted and Meyers took him and Runyan needed to get his guy. It was an on the fly adjustment but one he needed to make none the less. Teams will definitely duplicate this as it was a quick sack on a 4 man rush that confused our blocking assignments.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

go pak go wrote:
I'm not surprised. Watching live, I thought Turner looked good all game.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
He also trashed PFF grades, particularly for OLinemen :lol:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

https://www.acmepackingcompany.com/2021 ... e-steelers

This is the stuff I thought Pettine would do, but he didn't. I like these wrinkles from Cousin Barry.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Example why our TEs aren't getting the ball more.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pckfn23 wrote:
05 Oct 2021 10:27
And why there is big-time potential to unleash them when Bak... you know... comes Bak.

Read More. Post Less.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

NCF wrote:
05 Oct 2021 10:29
Pckfn23 wrote:
And why there is big-time potential to unleash them when Bak... you know... comes Bak.
Awful... Just awful 🤣

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

Yoop wrote:
04 Oct 2021 08:59
YoHoChecko wrote:
04 Oct 2021 08:41
"Enjoy the opportunity to play this game; not taking it for granted. It's tough to win in this league. A lot of time people say, 'act like you've been there' and I think there's something to that. I grew up enjoying Barry Sanders and every time he scored a touchdown--Larry Fitzgerald as well--ya know, he'd hand the ball to the referee. I respect that.

But at the same time, if that inhibits your ability to enjoy the beauty that this game offers and how difficult it is to win, you probably should adjust your perspective. I wanted to encourage those guys to enjoy and to show that joy and that love for the game and that happiness because it is really hard to win."

- Aaron Rodgers
true story.

I complimented a older Vicky fan the other day, we conversed about the good and mostly bad times associated with being fans of our teams, ours, the two decades of incompetent FO decision making, his, the bad luck of the Bud Grant teams losing 4 SB's, all of a sudden out of the blue, he spouts how he hates all the player celebrations, SPECIALLY Leroy Butler and the Lambeau leap, I gave him one of those drop jaw, open mouth stares, and simply said that maybe if Bud Grant had let his players enjoy success more they might have won one or two of those contest.

why players are forced to hide there excitement and joy bewilders me, thats not humility, thats suppression.
I miss the celebrations we'd get from individual players- especially WR's after they'd score a TD. Never liked the group celebrations- leave that stuff to the cheerleaders.

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

NCF wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Or perhaps even when getting Jenkins back.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Captain_Ben wrote:
05 Oct 2021 12:32
I miss the celebrations we'd get from individual players- especially WR's after they'd score a TD. Never liked the group celebrations- leave that stuff to the cheerleaders.
100% disagree. Team celebrations celebrate team achievement; individual celebrations celebrate individual achievement. They made the right move taking away penalties for big team efforts rather than continue to go with showboating

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

mnpackerbacker wrote:
05 Oct 2021 17:58
NCF wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
Or perhaps even when getting Jenkins back.

Or both.

Knock on wood, as far as I know, no one is set to miss January football.

In a ‘last dance’ type season and in a crap division. Just get your dogs ready for January and February.

All these snaps by JRJ, Nijman, Rivers, Garvin, Burks, Stokes, etc, just gunna pay dividends later if we need them for a series, half, game, when it counts.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
05 Oct 2021 18:17
Captain_Ben wrote:
100% disagree. Team celebrations celebrate team achievement; individual celebrations celebrate individual achievement. They made the right move taking away penalties for big team efforts rather than continue to go with showboating
I don’t know. I used to get a kick out of the Terrell Owens/Joe Horn/OchoCinco type celebrations. Did some of it go too far? Oh yeah. But for the most part, they were fun and a direct reflection of the personalities of the players. I even think some of it provided excitement and motivation for teammates to get said player back into the endzone just to see what they’d do next.

I get your point from a conceptual standpoint but I gotta say I enjoyed the individual celebrations a heckuva lot more than the current “let’s all run down to the endzone and flex in front of the celebration cam” stuff we’re seeing today.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
Captain_Ben wrote:
I guess I get that in theory, but as a fan I enjoyed individual celebrations over team celebrations.

The ocho cinco stuff and TO stuff was sooooo much cooler/more notable than a team football grenade.

Half Empty
Reactions:

Post by Half Empty »

Still can't get away from the fact that the celebrations are all on-sided. If you're going to call that much attention to yourself when you do something good, where's the big show when you screw up?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I LOVE these so much more than the individual TO style celebrations:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Half Empty wrote:
06 Oct 2021 07:46
Still can't get away from the fact that the celebrations are all on-sided. If you're going to call that much attention to yourself when you do something good, where's the big show when you screw up?
I'm not sure I follow. Is it your expectation that players celebrate when they screw up?

To that point, I do often see players visibly tap their own chests, smack their own helmets, display visible signs of sideline frustration, or come clean in post-game press conferences when they bone up a play. From a fan standpoint, I'm not sure I want to see much more of the screw-up ownership you seem to be advocating for.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Oct 2021 07:56
I LOVE these so much more than the individual TO style celebrations:
How can you not love this?!?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
05 Oct 2021 19:00
YoHoChecko wrote:
Captain_Ben wrote:
I guess I get that in theory, but as a fan I enjoyed individual celebrations over team celebrations.

The ocho cinco stuff and TO stuff was sooooo much cooler/more notable than a team football grenade.
I agree that Ocho Cinco was entertaining to watch. But I certainly rather have the Packers celebrations be team based. It develops chemistry and comradery.

Football is supposed to fun. I hate any rule that takes away the fun.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

APB wrote:
06 Oct 2021 08:04
I'm not sure I follow. Is it your expectation that players celebrate when they screw up?
:thwap: :rotf: I was hoping $%&# would decapitate himself 6 years ago :rotf:

course the no fun league would have given us a unsportsman like penalty for that I'am sure and we'd have still lost the game.

most fans, specially fans in the stands like to see celebrations, more so of course from there own teams, I'am not talking about taunting celebrations as was the case with Randy Moss and some others we've seen over the years, but good hearted expressions of joy over doing something very well should be encouraged.

can't believe the name B o s t i c k still has a sensor connected to it, thats how much people hated what he did, 6 years later even. :idn: :dunno: :thwap: