Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
06 Oct 2021 09:18
NCF wrote:
06 Oct 2021 09:16
Trading for him would essentially be the same as claiming him off waivers, from a salary stand point.

I'll believe it when I see, prolly trying to scare up some compensation from other NFC teams, but you never know, Gute's an aggressive dude.
Food for thought. Get him out of the AFC... F Brady.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

We should be expecting a 4th and 6th round comp picks next year, so have a pick or two to spare.

More food for thought, we'd be entitled to the 2023 comp pick for Stephon Gilmore, which could possibly be as high as 3rd, maybe a 4th more likely.

So don't be shocked if we give up a 2022 4th, knowing we can get a 2023 4th round comp pick.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
06 Oct 2021 09:23
We should be expecting a 4th and 6th round comp picks next year, so have a pick or two to spare.

More food for thought, we'd be entitled to the 2023 comp pick for Stephon Gilmore, which could possibly be as high as 3rd, maybe a 4th more likely.

So don't be shocked if we give up a 2022 4th, knowing we can get a 2023 4th round comp pick.
I think we would need to work out a deal to fit his existing contract, right? Meaning void years, meaning releasing him, meaning no comp pick.

Read More. Post Less.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
06 Oct 2021 09:25
BF004 wrote:
06 Oct 2021 09:23

I think we would need to work out a deal to fit his existing contract, right? Meaning void years, meaning releasing him, meaning no comp pick.
Can always just restructure Aaron a little to free up room. Or Bak, or Jones, maybe. Extend Davante or Amos or Turner.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

So so so so bad, I may have never seen a worse run franchise.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Should get in on some Packer Super Bowl odds betting.

If they don't trade, nothing will change, if they do trade, odds will spike well, get out of the position, risk free money. ;) :beer2:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Is this seriously all the money we would owe him?
image.png
image.png (10.8 KiB) Viewed 340 times
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

BF004 wrote:
06 Oct 2021 09:34
Should get in on some Packer Super Bowl odds betting.

If they don't trade, nothing will change, if they do trade, odds will spike well, get out of the position, risk free money. ;) :beer2:
I got them at +1800 in July!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

kyle.mccarroll
Reactions:

Post by kyle.mccarroll »

I know I shouldn't, but I can't help but get excited about this. Imagine everything that could come from this - we become maybe the SB favorites (assuming Jaire is ok), it prevents our competition from getting better, it shows Rodgers that things have changed in the org and possibly allows for an extension since why would he want to leave this team - just so many huge opportunities here that I would think Gute would be foolish to not go all in for this one.

And on the flip side, we could not trade for him, watch him sign with TB, and then find out Jaire is done for the year today. :lol:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
06 Oct 2021 09:45

image.png

Not sure where you are getting that from. I said 5.3 million earlier but forgot the per game roster bonuses of about another 400K

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
06 Oct 2021 09:55
go pak go wrote:
06 Oct 2021 09:45

image.png

Not sure where you are getting that from. I said 5.3 million earlier but forgot the per game roster bonuses of about another 400K

Just Spotrac. But it's his "cut version" already so I don't know his true salary cap implications. I trust Ken Ingalls.

Oh. I think Spotrac has already "prorated" how much NE owes him on game checks for 2021 being he was on the team for 4 weeks.
Last edited by go pak go on 06 Oct 2021 10:00, edited 1 time in total.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Of course, Gilmore would have to agree to play out the season for under 6 million dollars, risking injury and what not, before hitting FA. Kind of seems like why he wants out of NE. He didn't seem discontent with anything about NE, just the contract. Wouldn't make a ton of sense to move sideways.

I would imagine he would want some money now if it were up to him.

Frankly I wouldn't want to extend him. With Jaire and Stokes, don't 'need' him at the expense of a Savage, Gary, Jenkins or Adams or Tonyan.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
06 Oct 2021 09:58
Of course, Gilmore would have to agree to play out the season for under 6 million dollars, risking injury and what not, before hitting FA. Kind of seems like why he wants out of NE. He didn't seem discontent with anything about NE, just the contract. Wouldn't make a ton of sense to move sideways.

Frankly I wouldn't want to extend him. With Jaire and Stokes, don't 'need' him at the expense of a Savage, Gary, Jenkins or Adams or Tonyan.
Or be on a team that can showcase his skills in January and February to set himself up for 2022 FA. That's the best thing we can offer him.
Yoop wrote:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

go pak go wrote:
06 Oct 2021 10:01
BF004 wrote:

Or be on a team that can showcase his skills in January and February to set himself up for 2022 FA. That's the best thing we can offer him.
Yep. There is a trade off there with the risk. If you have to play for peanuts, though, you would rather do that on a winning team vs New England (that was fun to type).

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

kyle.mccarroll wrote:
06 Oct 2021 09:54
I know I shouldn't, but I can't help but get excited about this. Imagine everything that could come from this - we become maybe the SB favorites (assuming Jaire is ok), it prevents our competition from getting better, it shows Rodgers that things have changed in the org and possibly allows for an extension since why would he want to leave this team - just so many huge opportunities here that I would think Gute would be foolish to not go all in for this one.

And on the flip side, we could not trade for him, watch him sign with TB, and then find out Jaire is done for the year today. :lol:
See I have so much moved on that Rodgers is gone in 2022 and that it's the best thing for both parties. If we keep Rodgers we can't keep Adams. We really will be a shell of ourself anyway.

I am completely content of getting draft assets for Rodgers, letting Adams walk and get a 2023 3rd round comp, deal with the other hard decisions like Z, Preston, etc. and make sure we keep Elgton, Jaire, Savage and Gary long term.

I truly believe that is our best path rather than trying to keep something together that is impossible to keep together. It doesn't hurt that Love has at the least shown something to be intrigued by based on his play.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
06 Oct 2021 10:04
go pak go wrote:
06 Oct 2021 10:01
BF004 wrote:

Yep. There is a trade off there with the risk. If you have to play for peanuts, though, you would rather do that on a winning team vs New England (that was fun to type).
Could just as easily come here and struggle in the new scheme, not pick it up right away, play not to his level with a bum hammy or something, costing him millions.

I'd prolly rather stay in NE where you know you are a top 5 CB on that team on that D in that scheme.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:

he'll hold out for a multi year deal, and we don't have the money to buy him, he'd be foolish to come here to finish the season, injury risk are to high.

we need more info on Alexander, how long he'll be out, if it's just a few games our secondary will be fine as long as we get some pass pressure, would love to add Gilmore but just don't think it's possible.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
06 Oct 2021 10:10

Could just as easily come here and struggle in the new scheme, not pick it up right away, play not to his level with a bum hammy or something, costing him millions.

I'd prolly rather stay in NE where you know you are a top 5 CB on that team on that D in that scheme.
I just don't think athletes are ever wired to think that way.
Yoop wrote: