Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I don't get it, why do people think Gilmore went to Carolina to play out this years contract, if he wanted 15 mil from NE, then he expects to get that from Carolina, I expect a new multi year deal to be done within a month.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

APB wrote:
06 Oct 2021 14:51
Drj820 wrote:
06 Oct 2021 14:43
Yal think this might be the kind of thing year after year that Rodgers gets pissed off at the org about?
Maybe it was Rodgers' input that helped squash the move...?

Or maybe...?

Picture it in your mind: the Packers and Panthers are in a trade bidding war for Gilmore's services. Gutekunst is ready to close the deal with a 5th...but wait! First we need Rodgers sign-off!

Hold on, Bill, I'll get right back with you...

Meanwhile, Rodgers had placed his cell on silent before going off to practice, sees the call from Gute whilst leading the locker room in post-practice voodoo séance calling for Gute's demise, and ignored it.

Belichick being the impatient man he is gets annoyed and closes the deal with the Panthers.

Packer fans again want Gutekunst's head.

Another master play by Rodgers to get rid of Gute...
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

In other news...
Washington signed TE Jace Sternberger off the Seahawks' practice squad.

Logan Thomas was sidelined at Wednesday's practice while dealing with a hamstring injury. He was previously reported to be week-to-week because of the issue. With Ricky Seals-Jones, John Bates, and Sammis Reyes as the backups to Thomas, a signing was inevitable. Sternberger was a third-round pick with the Packers but never made an impact. His addition could signal that Thomas is headed for injured reserve, as the Football team now has five tight ends rostered.
Good for Jace. At least he's back on an active roster somewhere.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
06 Oct 2021 15:06
I don't get it, why do people think Gilmore went to Carolina to play out this years contract, if he wanted 15 mil from NE, then he expects to get that from Carolina, I expect a new multi year deal to be done within a month.
For a few reasons:

1. Sounds like Gilmore was coming to GB if he made it to the cut line at 4:00

2. He is playing in CAR on his current deal as of now. No restructure is expected which you would think could be decided early if that was a "sticking point" as Gilmore reportedly dropped his money demands after he saw the market wasn't very interested in him.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
06 Oct 2021 15:16
No restructure is expected
This part was reported?
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Oct 2021 15:23
go pak go wrote:
This part was reported?
Yes, I saw that as well.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

paco wrote:
06 Oct 2021 15:38
Pckfn23 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
This part was reported?
Yes, I saw that as well.
RIP JustJeff

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:
06 Oct 2021 15:06
For a few reasons:

1. Sounds like Gilmore was coming to GB if he made it to the cut line at 4:00

2. He is playing in CAR on his current deal as of now. No restructure is expected which you would think could be decided early if that was a "sticking point" as Gilmore reportedly dropped his money demands after he saw the market wasn't very interested in him.
I read that teams wanted to make sure of his health and ability, thats why team where cautious to offer a multi year deal, and why I think he's playing for 6 mil. it's a prove it thing, we'll see, but once he proves it imo Carolina will re do his contract.

think about it, if Gilmore was OK playing for 6 mil. he could have just stayed in NE, Gilmore wanted out because NE wouldn't pay his demands, why would he go to a place that wont either? that makes no sense at all to me, I'am thinking there is verbiage to this we are not privy to.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

paco wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:
go pak go wrote:
This part was reported?
Yes, I saw that as well.
I did not see this part in any of the reporting.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

paco wrote:
06 Oct 2021 15:45
paco wrote:
Pckfn23 wrote:

This part was reported?
Yes, I saw that as well.
If this is true its just another criminal missed opportunity by a Packers GM to get a talented veteran on a very cheap agreement to push the team over the top.

Add it to the list of Randy Moss, Tony G, and Marshawn Lynch.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
06 Oct 2021 16:51
paco wrote:
paco wrote:

Yes, I saw that as well.
If this is true its just another criminal missed opportunity by a Packers GM to get a talented veteran on a very cheap agreement to push the team over the top.

Yeah this one is pretty frustrating. I usually am in the defend the GM camp. I just can't get on that wagon for this. Especially when you know your current All Pro CB is likely going to be severely limited, at best, the rest of the season.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Packers fans get played by the media and other front offices so much.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 06 Oct 2021 22:33, edited 1 time in total.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Well, I was told that Gilmore actually sucks now. He was DPOY like 2 years ago, but now he's bad. That happens with defensive players from time to time.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
06 Oct 2021 17:11
lupedafiasco wrote:
paco wrote:

Yeah this one is pretty frustrating. I usually am in the defend the GM camp. I just can't get on that wagon for this. Especially when you know your current All Pro CB is likely going to be severely limited, at best, the rest of the season.
you should try some mountain fresh spring water :rotf:

imo where not getting the full story here, as I said, I expect to hear that Gilmore gets a 3 year deal at some point during the season.

we can't compete for the amount he'll likely get, not unless where willing to let some of ours go, it's not a good trade off considering the position players we'd lose.

I'am shocked where even trying to get Jaylon Smith, ( another Smith even) :thwap:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Yoop wrote:
06 Oct 2021 17:34
go pak go wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

imo where not getting the full story here, as I said, I expect to hear that Gilmore gets a 3 year deal at some point during the season.

we can't compete for the amount he'll likely get, not unless where willing to let some of ours go, it's not a good trade off considering the position players we'd lose.

I'am shocked where even trying to get Jaylon Smith, ( another Smith even) :thwap:
He definitely wants a long term deal for security. But like I said if it’s true he’s just fine playing his current deal you get a former DMVP on a contract year trying to prove it for one final pay day. He would be highly motivated to play his best.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
06 Oct 2021 17:34
go pak go wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:

I mean when the General Manager of the Panthers says Stephon Gilmore told him he would play this season without getting an extension and the report was Gilmore was going to the Packers if not traded...it tells me Gilmore is eying his money in UFA 2022.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I don't necessarily believe the 1 twitter account that reported it.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Oct 2021 18:09
It came from his press conference today.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
06 Oct 2021 18:23
Pckfn23 wrote:
Then I stand corrected.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
06 Oct 2021 18:33
go pak go wrote:
06 Oct 2021 18:23
Pckfn23 wrote:
Then I stand corrected.
Yeah basically he said an extension isn't off the table at the end of the year if Gilmore plays well and the Panthers are able to take care of other extensions on the team first but they are not planning on an extension at this time and Stephon said he would play without one.

I watched a few minutes of it.
Yoop wrote: