Packers @ Bengals GDT - 12:00 NOON GAME!!

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I understand if the thought is this could be a trap game...but why should I be worried about a team that needed a last second FG to beat the Jags at home, lost to the bears, beat a 1-3 team by a FG, and beat the steelers just like we did?
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Drj820 wrote:
07 Oct 2021 10:53
I understand if the thought is this could be a trap game...but why should I be worried about a team that needed a last second FG to beat the Jags at home, lost to the bears, beat a 1-3 team by a FG, and beat the steelers just like we did?
Hot take, Bengals are a better team than the 49ers my one and one of the better teams in the league.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
I mean, why should they be worried about a team who beat the Steelers just like they did, were training to the 0-4 Lions at halftime, lost to the 2-2 Saints, and needed a last second field goal to beat the 4th-best team in the NFC West?

But yeah, I'm with ya; their 3-1 isn't a strong 3-1. And I think we're easily a better team. And it'll be about how we show up and that's really about it.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
07 Oct 2021 10:58
Drj820 wrote:
Hot take, Bengals are a better team than the 49ers my one and one of the better teams in the league.
:thwap:

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

With the injuries piling up, I wouldn't bet the house on a Packers win... But we've been overcoming injuries so far (which makes the team stronger long term), and I think the Bengals are still so young, we'll be able to exploit enough mistakes to win it.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The game time decisions are really going to determine this one I think. If Mixon plays and Alexander is out I think we will need our offense to our score them. If Mixon and Alexander are out I think we will be fine. Their offense is like ours but worse at QB and RB but it still needs to go through the ground game. Without Mixon they got Perines slow bummy butt. With Mixon though they’ve got a legitimate back who can do it all like Jones except he’s bigger and stronger.

Also can we not cover Boyd with a LB. I’ve watched 3 Bengals games this year and every time the opposing team covers Boyd with a LB for god knows what reason and he toasts them.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Bengals are indeed wearing their Black jerseys this week.

Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
07 Oct 2021 11:46
Bengals are indeed wearing their Black jerseys this week.

They going to their funeral.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The Bengals offense this year has scored 27, 17, 24, and 24.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

I dont want to under sell Cincy bc they do have some nice players and are going in the right direction but lets not act like they are world beaters. Burrow is a good one. Their O is 20th in scoring. Some young talented weapons and Mixon is good but the OL is bad.

The DL isnt scaring anyone. Wilson has made some plays and Pratt is ok. Jessie Bates being back is big. Hes really good. Their cbs also suck.

Jaire being out hurts with their wrs. Need to get pressure.

if the Packers control the clock and finish drives they score 30plus. Another day to pound Dillon

34-24 Pack

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Gonna be a big game for King. I am thinking we will want to have more two high safety in this game to ensure we don't get beat over the top. I suspect Stokes will be on Jamarr a lot and King/Sullivan will be on Boyd and HIggins.

They got a good TE too who had a big game last Thursday but I am getting excited about the prospect that we may actually have ILBs who can take that role. Especially again if Mixon is out and that threat is reduced.
Yoop wrote:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

BF004 wrote:
07 Oct 2021 09:14
Cincinnati is 2nd only to Tampa Bay as Aaron's kryptonite.
image.png
image.png (27.03 KiB) Viewed 369 times

Ok, so maybe his #1 cryptonite

29 simple, succinct, rows of R code if you want to try it yourself, maybe play around with the data.

Code: Select all

#install.packages("tidyverse", type = "binary")
#install.packages("nflfastR", type = "binary")

library(tidyverse)
library(nflfastR)

df <- load_pbp(2007)
i = 2008
for (i in 2008:2021) {
  temp <- load_pbp(i) 
  df <- rbind(df, temp)
  i = i + 1  
}

colnames(df)
head(df,5)

df1 <- df %>% select(play_type, posteam, defteam, passer_player_name, epa ) %>% 
              filter(play_type == "pass",
                     posteam == "GB",
                     passer_player_name == "A.Rodgers") 

Aaron_EPA <- df1 %>% group_by(defteam) %>%
                     summarize(EPA_PLAY = round(sum(epa)/n(),3)) %>%
                     arrange(EPA_PLAY)

write.table(Aaron_EPA, "clipboard")

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

go pak go wrote:
07 Oct 2021 11:56
Especially again if Mixon is out and that threat is reduced.
the bengals coach keeps selling the day-to-day thing, but video review says Mixon has a low- grade high ankle sprain with little chance to play on Sunday. We'll see if he plays - but I doubt it. The Packers are beat up and down some blue chip players. And this is a playoff-level game for the ascending bengals. But GB has the better roster, better QB & better coach- so while Cincy will put up an early fight - the better team will prevail after the initial surge wears off in the Queen City.

Good luck on the tickets side, we need you to represent !

Go Packers
IT. IS. TIME

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Wow, a number of people here sound just like many did before the Saints game. Remember how that turned out? The Bengals have the same record as the Packers. Our defense has not been world-beaters and we have a number of injuries piling up. I, for one, am not overconfident about this game.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

williewasgreat wrote:
07 Oct 2021 14:49
Wow, a number of people here sound just like many did before the Saints game. Remember how that turned out? The Bengals have the same record as the Packers. Our defense has not been world-beaters and we have a number of injuries piling up. I, for one, am not overconfident about this game.
They beat the Vikings, Steelers, and Jaguars and got beat pretty handily by the Bears. Not all 3-1 records are created equally.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

williewasgreat wrote:
and a number of people here sound just like many did before the niners game ;)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
07 Oct 2021 15:01
williewasgreat wrote:
They beat the Vikings, Steelers, and Jaguars and got beat pretty handily by the Bears. Not all 3-1 records are created equally.
We beat those same Steelers, the Lions (maybe worst of the bunch) and an overhyped, depleted 49er team and got beat pretty handily by the Saints. Well more than pretty handily, but wanted to copy your words. :P

Bengals are playing well, are hungry, and playing hard. That stadium gunna be rocking I have a feeling. This might be Cincinnati's biggest game in years. They beat the 'Green Bay Packers' and Aaron Rodgers to go to 4-1, that would be an incredibly huge deal for them. I think/know we are better, but they are gunna come out swinging and throw everything they have at us.

I feel less confident about this game than I did SF.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
07 Oct 2021 15:07
We beat those same Steelers, the Lions (maybe worst of the bunch) and an overhyped, depleted 49er team and got beat pretty handily by the Saints. Well more than pretty handily, but wanted to copy your words.
To be fair, the 49ers lost their QB in that game, and the replacement played like garbage until garbage time. Their starter played against us. And despite talking heads and fans, their starter is a lot better than their backup.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
07 Oct 2021 15:07
NCF wrote:
07 Oct 2021 15:01
williewasgreat wrote:
We beat those same Steelers, the Lions (maybe worst of the bunch) and an overhyped, depleted 49er team and got beat pretty handily by the Saints. Well more than pretty handily, but wanted to copy your words. :P

Bengals are playing well, are hungry, and playing hard. That stadium gunna be rocking I have a feeling. This might be Cincinnati's biggest game in years. They beat the 'Green Bay Packers' and Aaron Rodgers to go to 4-1, that would be an incredibly huge deal for them. I think/know we are better, but they are gunna come out swinging and throw everything they have at us.

I feel less confident about this game than I did SF.
The atmosphere here is something akin to the Packers hosting the mighty Chargers in 2007. We all knew the road team was better but were excited about our own team and fantasized how a win could catapult the season and show the league we have arrived.

That is the kind of hope I am sensing from Bengals fans right now.

I am not nervous like I was for SF. But I am definitely giving this opponent props and respect. I usually feel teams/games are in like 4 tiers.

Tier 1 - On the Road vs the best team in the conference. History shows this is not gonna be a win.
Tier 2 - On the Road vs a very good opponent or home vs the best teams in the conference. Definitely winnable but it's a big game.
Tier 3 - On the Road or division games period. Also home vs playoff level teams. Expect the score to be within 7 points in the 4th quarter but the result is really never in major doubt. Could easily also be a blowout.
Tier 4 - At home vs the bottom tier teams. Game by all respects should be over early in the 3rd quarter. Blowout win by 2 scores or more.

Tier 1 - SF, AZ, KC, BAL and maybe even LAR (even though it's home)
Tier 2 - LAR, MN (they are always here with fans), CLE,
Tier 3 - New Orleans, CIN, SEA, DET, CHI, MN home,
Tier 4 - WASH, PIT

I think Cincy could be that borderline Tier 3 to Tier 2 game.
Yoop wrote: