Rank the Roster 2020: #1

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who is the best player on the Packers?

Poll ended at 28 Apr 2020 20:14

Aaron Rodgers
48%
David Bakhtiari
No votes
Kenny Clark
No votes
Davante Adams
No votes
Jaire Alexander
No votes
Aaron Jones
13%
Za'Darius Smith
39%
Adrian Amos
No votes
Corey Linsley
No votes
Preston Smith
No votes

Total votes: 23

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

I had to go with Z. Rodgers had way too many average-to-bad stretches last year. He was 12th in passer rating, 21st in completion percentage, and had the 2nd most throwaways. His comp %, yards, TDs, INTs, and passer rating were actually slightly worse than they were in 2018.
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Yoop wrote:
28 Apr 2020 09:28
Pugger wrote:
28 Apr 2020 08:15
Yoop wrote:
28 Apr 2020 08:10
the only people not voting for Rodgers don't like Rodgers, he's cocky, brash, and that sets some off, without Rodgers it doesn't matter, this defense is better, but not top 10 better, and the improvements on offense wont mean near as much without Rodgers, you people that don't like Rodgers would be balling in your beer if he had a season ending injury, you might be fooling others here with your nonsense, but you aint fooling me, and you damn sure aint fooling yourselves.
No, those who didn't vote for Rodgers believe he isn't the player he once was. I for one am hoping this new offensive scheme will be a benefit for a HOF QB who is getting a little long in the tooth.

come on Girl, take away Z and we still win 10 games, take away Rodgers, and we might win 3 possibly 4 and thats if the opposing teams plane crashes, what was Z's production against SF again? don't get me wrong, I may vote for Z next, but this first choice should be unanimous, Z scores no points and can't throw the ball, and even with him this defense didn't crack top 10
Read my earlier post again. I VOTED FOR AR. I was just speculating on why there are all those votes for Z.

Willink
Reactions:

Post by Willink »

Went with Za'Darius after voting A-Rod for like seven straight seasons, Rodgers with too many inconsistent games last season.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
28 Apr 2020 09:55
NCF wrote:
28 Apr 2020 09:33
Yoop wrote:
the only people not voting for Rodgers don't like Rodgers, he's cocky, brash, and that sets some off, without Rodgers it doesn't matter, this defense is better, but not top 10 better, and the improvements on offense wont mean near as much without Rodgers, you people that don't like Rodgers would be balling in your beer if he had a season ending injury, you might be fooling others here with your nonsense, but you aint fooling me, and you damn sure aint fooling yourselves.
Oh, STFU, Yoop. That's not even close to true.
sure it is, one person for sure, and it mostly was directed at him, like I said, without Rodgers, we are a 3 and 13 team,we should have just sat Rodgers for the season and taken the best QB in the draft next year, because that could very well happen minus Rodgers.
Oh my gawd. go pak go brings data that counteracts yoop's lying.

Therefore my only defense is to continue to lie and make stuff about the receiving corps or just fall back and say that go pak go hates Rodgers. :roll:
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
without Z Smith it doesn't matter, this offense is better, but not top 10 better, and the improvements on defense wont mean near as much without Z Smith, you people that don't like Smith would be balling in your beer if he had a season ending injury, you might be fooling others here with your nonsense, but you aint fooling me, and you damn sure aint fooling yourselves.

I mean I get it. I do. Rodgers is very important. But you can turn your arguments around for Z just as easy. I truly don't feel anyone had as large of an impact to change the culture, atmosphere and attitude as Z did. And when our backs were against the wall, Z is the one who largely came through.

Obviously its a close call. There were 3 games this year where Rodgers was awesome. Seattle. Oakland and KC. There were games were Z was awesome. And there were games where Aaron Jones was awesome.

They all deserve serious consideration.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
28 Apr 2020 19:38
Yoop wrote:
without Z Smith it doesn't matter, this offense is better, but not top 10 better, and the improvements on defense wont mean near as much without Z Smith, you people that don't like Smith would be balling in your beer if he had a season ending injury, you might be fooling others here with your nonsense, but you aint fooling me, and you damn sure aint fooling yourselves.

I mean I get it. I do. Rodgers is very important. But you can turn your arguments around for Z just as easy. I truly don't feel anyone had as large of an impact to change the culture, atmosphere and attitude as Z did. And when our backs were against the wall, Z is the one who largely came through.

Obviously its a close call. There were 3 games this year where Rodgers was awesome. Seattle. Oakland and KC. There were games were Z was awesome. And there were games where Aaron Jones was awesome.

They all deserve serious consideration.
wasn't directed at you either, but you look good in red, think what you want, Rodgers is the only one that when missing would cause the greatest decline relative to score, thats my opinion, we drafted Gary to supplement the Smiths, and he is more ready to do that then any QB on this roster is to replace Rodgers, and Rodgers doesn't have to be awesome, you simply think he sucks when he is average, I've sit here and listened to you under value Rodgers for 3 years, defending the stooges and any other raw receiver that couldn't runa route, track a ball or even make a catch, funny how you defend them yet doubt the ability of a first ballot HOF QB or even act as though you know he is at fault when a pass play goes bad, you don't.

other then Rodgers, we don't have a QB that can make some of those throws to Jones or the other receivers, you people are working over time I see to make sure Rodgers doesn't get this vote, lis,Z is next, but only Rodgers deserves the #1 spot, and it will always be this way, I bet thats just killing you hey GPG.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

1. It doesn't kill me at all. Because I have no personal vendetta against Rodgers. I want him to win another ring. I want it bad. I would be super bummed if one of the greatest of all time is like Favre and only has one ring that he earned early in his career. I like Rodgers. He is my quarterback. But just as I was mad at our hole gaping run defense at San Fran, I was mad when Rodgers was missing throws, holding onto the ball too long, and not leading the offense above an average squad for the 2nd year in a row.

2. I don't defend receivers. I don't have an attachment to the receivers either. I want the best receivers we can get on the team. I talked about the receivers who I wanted during the draft process. But I will dispute things that are easily disputed such as how our receivers always drop balls. Stats and data can't be made up. There is a definition of what a drop is and the fact is our WRs drop em a lot less than other WRs. The other fact is most of the drops came from 80, 81 and 17 last year. 2 of those players are gone and the other one we need. Don't believe me? I literally put a video of a compilation of every drop by the Packers in another thread.

3. Yes I get mad when he holds onto the ball too long and we can see receivers open on the All 22. Don't you? Isn't the whole point of being a fan wanting to win?

4. If he is in fact average...doesn't that exactly point to why we should consider him not being number one any longer?
Yoop wrote:

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

yoop, you're projecting. If there is anyone here whose opinion of Rodgers is affected by emotion, it's you. You have literally called him your "hero" lol.

If this were really about anti-Rodgers spite from me, I'd switch my vote from Jones to Smith just to help the main competition to Rodgers getting #1, but this is not about that for me (nor anyone else who is critical of him).

Rodgers is not what he once was and he needs to play above-average more consistently. It is very arguable that there are other players on this team who deserve to be ranked ahead of him. Sorry if that triggers you; it's the truth.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

go pak go wrote:
28 Apr 2020 21:16
1. It doesn't kill me at all. Because I have no personal vendetta against Rodgers. I want him to win another ring. I want it bad. I would be super bummed if one of the greatest of all time is like Favre and only has one ring that he earned early in his career. I like Rodgers. He is my quarterback. But just as I was mad at our hole gaping run defense at San Fran, I was mad when Rodgers was missing throws, holding onto the ball too long, and not leading the offense above an average squad for the 2nd year in a row.

2. I don't defend receivers. I don't have an attachment to the receivers either. I want the best receivers we can get on the team. I talked about the receivers who I wanted during the draft process. But I will dispute things that are easily disputed such as how our receivers always drop balls. Stats and data can't be made up. There is a definition of what a drop is and the fact is our WRs drop em a lot less than other WRs. The other fact is most of the drops came from 80, 81 and 17 last year. 2 of those players are gone and the other one we need. Don't believe me? I literally put a video of a compilation of every drop by the Packers in another thread.

3. Yes I get mad when he holds onto the ball too long and we can see receivers open on the All 22. Don't you? Isn't the whole point of being a fan wanting to win?

4. If he is in fact average...doesn't that exactly point to why we should consider him not being number one any longer?
I am not sure what Yoop watches but it is not All-22.

Personally I hope that Rodgers puts it all together this season, because if he does the Packers have a top 5 Offense. And if they could get rid of the 3-and-outs and give the D a break they would have a top 5 Defense also. Rodgers was at his best when there was a chip on his shoulder. Hopefully this draft put it back on his shoulder.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Labrev wrote:
28 Apr 2020 21:33
yoop, you're projecting. If there is anyone here whose opinion of Rodgers is affected by emotion, it's you. You have literally called him your "hero" lol.

If this were really about anti-Rodgers spite from me, I'd switch my vote from Jones to Smith just to help the main competition to Rodgers getting #1, but this is not about that for me (nor anyone else who is critical of him).

Rodgers is not what he once was and he needs to play above-average more consistently. It is very arguable that there are other players on this team who deserve to be ranked ahead of him. Sorry if that triggers you; it's the truth.
new scheme for both Rodgers and receivers, and though we didn't lead the league in dropped passes, we had plenty of drive ending ones, and I'am not projecting anything, Rodgers will return to earlier form with another year in MLF's offense, the hero part was a off joke, you must have been around when I made the comment a year ago, who where you then, I have no idea whom I'am talking to?

doesn't matter, Jones though will see less snaps most likely with the addition of Dillon, Z may as well if Gary turns out to be worth last years draft slot, neither will be as impactful as Rodgers, he is not A AVERAGE QB, the lengths people will go to degrade Rodgers is laugh out loud funny.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

I am taking Bakh for now. He's All-Pro and still either in his prime or maybe even getting better. My second choice would be Aaron Jones .... he put up Pro Bowl numbers this past season and has been a major breathe of fresh air when watching or attending Packers games in 2019. Z and Davante are tied at 3. Go Pack!