Topic Split: Gruden Resigns

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

BF004
Reactions:

Topic Split: Gruden Resigns

Post by BF004 »

Wow, Raiders canning Gruden effective immediately, citing inappropriate emails.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Hearing resigned, but ya, amounts to the same thing.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
11 Oct 2021 20:12
Wow, Raiders canning Gruden effective immediately, citing inappropriate emails.
He apparently was an equal opportunity offender. Homosexuals, women, minority’s, league officials, ref’s, union leadership….hell, if you have freckles, you were likely a target of his unfiltered ire.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I bet a LOOOOTTTT of people around the league are thinking through all the emails they've ever sent each other this week.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Meanwhile, Richie Incognito is like

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
11 Oct 2021 20:29
Meanwhile, Richie Incognito is like

This made me lulz…

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Oct 2021 20:22
I bet a LOOOOTTTT of people around the league are thinking through all the emails they've ever sent each other this week.
Are either of the Ryan brothers (Rex or Rob) still coaching? If so, they might wanna start looking into a new vocation.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Sounds like my high school basketball coach. Before I moved there, they targeted someone in my class as a freshman. Went around town looking for him. Then they had signs and a chant for Movrich. Was told to resign but didn't, no idea why.

Did some stuff to me, a little less than that, went to a Packer game where he left us 3 on the team that went on the bench, then had a talk with me after. Had a few other things but he's a big douche. Saw him at the 4th and didn't bother to say hi or anything, not that I wanted him to.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Gruden's emails were shocking and offensive, and he deserved to be fired immediately for his actions because racism, sexism, and homophobia are serious issues in 2021, and because typed words are actually worse than physical violence.

jkjk :rotf:

Idk, I read some of the quotes from the emails, and it mostly just seemed like locker room talk to me, locker room talk in some cases that probably a majority of NFL fans would agree with. I would say the two which jumped out to me as no bueno were when he apparently shared naked images of women and when he said DeMaurice Smith's lips were the size of Michelin tires, although in the latter case I could buy that he was supposedly referencing Smith's dishonesty as opposed to making a racial joke, but I'm dubious. I definitely thought that "rubber lips", as his supposed transgression was originally portrayed, was not racist at all, but saying that a guy's lips are the size of Michelin tires seems a bit more likely to be racial. But I wouldn't fire him as long as there's reasonable doubt. That being said, there could easily have been worse things said which have gone unreported.

But these are still merely words. His actions (which matter more than words) of which the public is aware don't contain any of these themes.

Also, I can see why his emails totally undermine all this bull crap that the NFL is pushing, with words in the end zones and lectures from people who are morally worse than the people being lectured, but $%@# the NFL. It makes sense though that they would want him fired.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

texas wrote:
12 Oct 2021 01:18
Gruden's emails were shocking and offensive, and he deserved to be fired immediately for his actions because racism, sexism, and homophobia are serious issues in 2021, and because typed words are actually worse than physical violence.

jkjk :rotf:

Idk, I read some of the quotes from the emails, and it mostly just seemed like locker room talk to me, locker room talk in some cases that probably a majority of NFL fans would agree with. I would say the two which jumped out to me as no bueno were when he apparently shared naked images of women and when he said DeMaurice Smith's lips were the size of Michelin tires, although in the latter case I could buy that he was supposedly referencing Smith's dishonesty as opposed to making a racial joke, but I'm dubious. I definitely thought that "rubber lips", as his supposed transgression was originally portrayed, was not racist at all, but saying that a guy's lips are the size of Michelin tires seems a bit more likely to be racial. But I wouldn't fire him as long as there's reasonable doubt. That being said, there could easily have been worse things said which have gone unreported.

But these are still merely words. His actions (which matter more than words) of which the public is aware don't contain any of these themes.

Also, I can see why his emails totally undermine all this bull crap that the NFL is pushing, with words in the end zones and lectures from people who are morally worse than the people being lectured, but $%@# the NFL. It makes sense though that they would want him fired.
Sorry, but I do not find these statements acceptable whatsoever. These were the type of moronic things said in high school or junior high school locker rooms back in my day (which was a long time ago). They were racist and bigoted then just as they are now and should never be condoned in any setting. Anyone stupid enough to put them in writing shows a complete lack of intelligence.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

So Gruden has still balls while many others do not. Yes, he had to go to make one more step towards total effemination.

German_Panzer
Reactions:

Post by German_Panzer »

williewasgreat wrote:
12 Oct 2021 04:44
Sorry, but I do not find these statements acceptable whatsoever. These were the type of moronic things said in high school or junior high school locker rooms back in my day (which was a long time ago). They were racist and bigoted then just as they are now and should never be condoned in any setting. Anyone stupid enough to put them in writing shows a complete lack of intelligence.
Freedom of opinion. You are entitled to say stupid things because the stupid things of yesterday often enough turn out sacred today and condemned tomorrow again. Also, give Gruden some slack. The dude is a coach. He needs to motivate people, he needs to find catchy phrases to connect. Maybe Gruden even welcomed the mess since I have the feeling he did not well with the Raiders. It gives him the chance to leave non-football related. Better to be fired as an azzhole than as a loser.
Last edited by German_Panzer on 12 Oct 2021 06:15, edited 1 time in total.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I sense the Gruden thing will get a move to the Round Table within 24 hours. Should I just do it now, and save the hassle?

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

I feel bad for Raider Nation. I thought Carr was maximizing his talent under Gruden and the team was generally on the right path. The organization had momentum with the move to LV and the fan base was excited. This will likely be a serious step back for them, unfortunately.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

salmar80 wrote:
12 Oct 2021 06:14
I sense the Gruden thing will get a move to the Round Table within 24 hours. Should I just do it now, and save the hassle?
I say let’s give it some leeway for now. It’s football and social related so inevitable that conversation will include both aspects. I would ask that posters remain conscious of their comments in regard to the social aspect. Right, [mention]German_Panzer[/mention]?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

So Gruden is making a sh*t load of money right? And by and large you could say the Raiders way hasn't been successful to this point being in Year 4 of his 10 year deal.

Is this also a way for the Davis family to get out of his large contract and save some money?

Also I haven't read the emails. I probably won't read the emails.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Gruden has been a loud mouth jerk ever since he was a assistant for Holmgren, course I doubt Mike would have tolerated some of the homo and racists comments that came later, to say that kind of talk was normal locker room baffonery is to say it was acceptable, obviously to some degree it was, so basically Gruden is becoming the scape goat now for the minions who are and have acted just like him all these years

I was shocked when Davis gave him that 100 mil. contract

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
12 Oct 2021 07:35
So Gruden is making a sh*t load of money right? And by and large you could say the Raiders way hasn't been successful to this point being in Year 4 of his 10 year deal.

Is this also a way for the Davis family to get out of his large contract and save some money?

Also I haven't read the emails. I probably won't read the emails.
Ya, probably good call. It definitely goes beyond just "locker room" banter, unfortunately. Actions have consequences...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

For all the Fire TT -kinda webpages, the Raiders one got their wish :rotf:

http://isgrudengoneyet.com/

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

salmar80 wrote:
12 Oct 2021 08:45
For all the Fire TT -kinda webpages, the Raiders one got their wish :rotf:

http://isgrudengoneyet.com/
The real problem there was Mayocks stupid ass.
Cancelled by the forum elites.