General Packer News 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Oct 2021 09:51
Nuggets:

Packers' defensive rankings didn't change this week: 6th in yards, 20th in points

The Packers have won 4 straight games, two by double digits, and still have a negative point differential on the year (-2) due to the magnitude of the week one blowout.
It's weird seeing the Packers offensive ranking in yards and points be in the mid 20's on the stat board yesterday during the FOX coverage.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Oct 2021 09:51
Nuggets:

Packers' defensive rankings didn't change this week: 6th in yards, 20th in points

The Packers have won 4 straight games, two by double digits, and still have a negative point differential on the year (-2) due to the magnitude of the week one blowout.
We have been pretty good since week 1.
image.png
image.png (755.32 KiB) Viewed 331 times

In particular, offense on 3rd downs.
image.png
image.png (665.39 KiB) Viewed 327 times

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
11 Oct 2021 10:12
It's weird seeing the Packers offensive ranking in yards and points be in the mid 20's on the stat board yesterday during the FOX coverage.
Yeah, when I look at efficiency metrics, the offense is still top 10 and the defense still in the bottom half of the league.

But in volume stats, our offense isn't doing a lot. I mean we went 8 minutes into OT yesterday and still only ran 63 plays.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Pretty much been playing with 2 backups and 2 rookies on the Oline all season. Our two best have been out the majority of the season. No offense is going to look good with that.

Honestly LaFleur has been scheming his butt off. Rodgers has been missing some throws still but a lot of changing parts up front and extra protections taking away from what they want to do.

Like I said in another thread everything is going to change after week 6 for this offense. They won’t be afraid to run play actions, TEs will be more involved, run game is going to improve ten fold with a better front. I’m not worried about the offense.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

MLF apparently tied for fastest to 30 wins in NFL history (37 games)

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
11 Oct 2021 19:01
3rd fastest, I think, trailing Seifert and some other coach. I think they had it on the broadcast at the end of the game.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
11 Oct 2021 20:12
YoHoChecko wrote:
3rd fastest, I think, trailing Seifert and some other coach. I think they had it on the broadcast at the end of the game.
LaFleur's hitting an absurd .811 in the W-L stat. More than 4 wins per every loss.

That's the second highest winning percentage for any multi-year HC in American pro football history. 100 years ago a guy named Elgie Tobin had a 2-year run with a better record (16W-3L-4T) as the HC of the Akron Pros.

LaFleur will, of course, get little credit before he proves he gets a ring and proves can win with a QB other than Aaron. As if no other coaches benefit from talent at their disposal.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Yoop wrote:
16 Sep 2021 10:52
paco wrote:
16 Sep 2021 10:27
thanks for a nice read Paco :aok: in my lifetime anyway I like

Sharp and LOften about neck and neck, then
Adams
Jennings
Nelson
Driver
Freeman etc, etc.
Sterling Sharpe was right before my time. Was he better than Davante?

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

YoHoChecko wrote:
He was just what we needed. I always liked MM but in hindsight, this was the move. Needs to get that SB though and become the first coach in that tree to do it.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

texas wrote:Sterling Sharpe was right before my time. Was he better than Davante?
Ooohh, that’s a tough one for me.

They are both very similar in terms of being the focal point of the passing offense as well as the defenses that aligned against them. Both were/are uncoverable and unstoppable. Both fantastic route runners. Davante is more polished than Sharpe, in my eyes anyway, but Sharpe was more of an imposing and physical WR. Adams also has the luxury of having a very accurate Rodgers throwing to him for most of his career while Sharpe had a young and often erratic Favre. Sharpe also had to contend with seasonal finger breaks and sprains from the Favre rocket balls.

If I had to choose, I think I’d still lean Sharpe but that gap has become very, very small.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

At 4-1 we have about a 75% chance of making the playoffs. The Arizona game is the only on the schedule at this point that I would say it will be extra hard to win that game. Rams at home, Chiefs away, and Ravens away look like the next 3 hardest games, but winnable. Let's make it another 13 win season!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

packman114
Reactions:

Post by packman114 »

The fact that Hutson is still in the top 10 after all these years with all the rule changes favoring passing just blows my mind. He was the most dominant player of that era. Hard to say any other receiver we have can compare to him. But of the ones that I have seen Sharpe and Adams are interchangeable skill wise but Sharpe had no other receivers on the team that I can even remember as being good. Robert Brooks may have come along in his last year. Sharpe also had Majik and Tomczak throwing to him before Favre. But Adams is special too.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

packman114 wrote:
12 Oct 2021 08:27
The fact that Hutson is still in the top 10 after all these years with all the rule changes favoring passing just blows my mind. He was the most dominant player of that era. Hard to say any other receiver we have can compare to him. But of the ones that I have seen Sharpe and Adams are interchangeable skill wise but Sharpe had no other receivers on the team that I can even remember as being good. Robert Brooks may have come along in his last year. Sharpe also had Majik and Tomczak throwing to him before Favre. But Adams is special too.
I don't know when Sharpe ended...1994?

Brooks was drafted in 1992.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Oct 2021 08:25
At 4-1 we have about a 75% chance of making the playoffs. The Arizona game is the only on the schedule at this point that I would say it will be extra hard to win that game. Rams at home, Chiefs away, and Ravens away look like the next 3 hardest games, but winnable. Let's make it another 13 win season!
So I am like....NEVER a trap game guy.

But I could very easily see Washington being a trap game with having potentially our largest game of the year on a Thursday Night on the road. Similar to Dallas in 2007. It's just got that feeling of that "that" game that decides seeding.
Yoop wrote:

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
12 Oct 2021 08:40
Pckfn23 wrote:

But I could very easily see Washington being a trap game with having potentially our largest game of the year on a Thursday Night on the road. Similar to Dallas in 2007. It's just got that feeling of that "that" game that decides seeding.
Been feeling that way about the Cardinals game as well. I personally think theyre the best team in the league and its not close.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
12 Oct 2021 09:07
go pak go wrote:
12 Oct 2021 08:40
Pckfn23 wrote:

Been feeling that way about the Cardinals game as well. I personally think theyre the best team in the league and its not close.
Yeah their offense has been great in all games except last week where they only put up 17 points.
Their defense has been great all year except MN but I think MN scored some fluke points if I heard right.

They got a big match up at Cleveland this Sunday.

Too early to say anything yet, but it is looking like that top tier is AZ with DAL, GB, TB and LAR right below them.

GB will be all about our health. Simple as that.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The only thing this defense has left to be desired is:

1. the missed play before the half at Cincy.
2. Allowing 100% TDs while in the RZ.

The Packers defense is 32nd in the league in RZ Effeciency.
The Packers offense is around 23rd in the league in RZ effeciency.

Last year the defense was 13th and the offense was 1st.

If these two things start come back to the mean moving forward, this is going to be a very good football team.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/lists/ ... s-of-2021/

For what it's worth top graded players through 5 games by PFF. Some head scratching additions and omissions.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
12 Oct 2021 10:07
The only thing this defense has left to be desired is:

1. the missed play before the half at Cincy.
2. Allowing 100% TDs while in the RZ.
MLF indicated that the red zone failure rate is a result of missed assignments; that he's happy, for the most part, with the play calls there. He said something like "it takes all 11; we need to execute; if only 9 guys do their job, we fail"