Packers @ Bengals GDT - 12:00 NOON GAME!!

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

AJ Dillon is saying every week on his Cheesehead TV show that "I though PFF says I couldn't catch anything" :lol:

I love it.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Packfntk wrote:
12 Oct 2021 11:47
APB wrote:
12 Oct 2021 11:04
@Packfntk -

Nick - Wasn't this your "away" game of the year? Are you gonna do another write-up on your travel game-day experience? Please do! Always look forward to your trip summaries!

I'd be curious how those Cincy fans were leading up to the game and how their comments may have changed throughout the course of the game...? How the city treated you? Food/beer? You know, the good stuff...
Yep, just posted in the Huddle Directory, but didn't do a full breakdown.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54

City- I had gone to Cincy a few years ago for work. Cincy is a great city, and very underrated. Very clean downtown and awesome setup. We arrived Thursday and drank the whole town for a few days. HAHA. Cool area between the Reds stadium and the Bengals. Lots of bars and eating places.

Tailgating- Yikes. We have gone to 17 stadiums and this was in the bottom 2-3 for sure. No real lot, a few smaller lots for tailgating but that was it. We just walked around for 2 hours and there wasn't anything going on for one of those hours.

image.png

Stadium- It is one of the more basic stadiums in the league, not a lot of character. If you don't look around outside, you wouldn't even know the Bengals play there. Inside was alright. Bottom half of what we have seen.

image.png

image.png

Concessions- We drank about 1,000 beers the day before watching the Brewers and Badgers, and we never drink much gameday on our away trips. Got a beer, it was $9.50 and then some waters because it was hot and we were traveling home next day. Concession lines were long, and everyone was getting food. Way backed up.

Fans- To be honest, it was probably 50/50 Packer fans with tons of Go Pack Go chants started. The Bengals fans were nice to us the entire time, never ran into a crazed one that wanted to talk football though, I always enjoy that. Kind of strange.

image.png

All in all, a good trip. Crazy game, but we got the W! (Me in the Cobb jersey)

image.png
Nice breakdown! Crazy about the outside of that stadium, no Bengals stuff on it is nutty haha
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
12 Oct 2021 12:10
Packfntk wrote:
12 Oct 2021 11:47
APB wrote:
12 Oct 2021 11:04
@Packfntk -

Nick - Wasn't this your "away" game of the year? Are you gonna do another write-up on your travel game-day experience? Please do! Always look forward to your trip summaries!

I'd be curious how those Cincy fans were leading up to the game and how their comments may have changed throughout the course of the game...? How the city treated you? Food/beer? You know, the good stuff...
Yep, just posted in the Huddle Directory, but didn't do a full breakdown.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=54

City- I had gone to Cincy a few years ago for work. Cincy is a great city, and very underrated. Very clean downtown and awesome setup. We arrived Thursday and drank the whole town for a few days. HAHA. Cool area between the Reds stadium and the Bengals. Lots of bars and eating places.

Tailgating- Yikes. We have gone to 17 stadiums and this was in the bottom 2-3 for sure. No real lot, a few smaller lots for tailgating but that was it. We just walked around for 2 hours and there wasn't anything going on for one of those hours.

image.png

Stadium- It is one of the more basic stadiums in the league, not a lot of character. If you don't look around outside, you wouldn't even know the Bengals play there. Inside was alright. Bottom half of what we have seen.

image.png

image.png

Concessions- We drank about 1,000 beers the day before watching the Brewers and Badgers, and we never drink much gameday on our away trips. Got a beer, it was $9.50 and then some waters because it was hot and we were traveling home next day. Concession lines were long, and everyone was getting food. Way backed up.

Fans- To be honest, it was probably 50/50 Packer fans with tons of Go Pack Go chants started. The Bengals fans were nice to us the entire time, never ran into a crazed one that wanted to talk football though, I always enjoy that. Kind of strange.

image.png

All in all, a good trip. Crazy game, but we got the W! (Me in the Cobb jersey)

image.png
Nice breakdown! Crazy about the outside of that stadium, no Bengals stuff on it is nutty haha
What's so weird about it is the whole "jungle theme" could be SO COOL.

But seriously the owners suck. There is just no investment in this team. Hamilton County pays for most all operations now so corners have to be cut everywhere. I mean this is the same team that still practices either in Paul Brown Stadium itself or a high school outdoor football field.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Cant be ideal for Crosby to see someone flying across his face everytime he kicks.
Attachments
29A3DCE2-B685-4A55-A8F8-5E5378DAF354.jpeg
29A3DCE2-B685-4A55-A8F8-5E5378DAF354.jpeg (102.89 KiB) Viewed 361 times

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go wrote:
12 Oct 2021 12:02
AJ Dillon is saying every week on his Cheesehead TV show that "I though PFF says I couldn't catch anything" :lol:

I love it.
They probably still do!
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers says on mcafee he wanted to take “one more shot to toss it to Tae to try to get closer for mason” on the 3 and 15 they went ahead and kicked

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Drj820 wrote:
12 Oct 2021 13:10
Rodgers says on mcafee he wanted to take “one more shot to toss it to Tae to try to get closer for mason” on the 3 and 15 they went ahead and kicked
Boy, I really "like" that Rodgers has pre-determined who he is going to throw to before the play has even been called, let alone before surveying the field while running the play. :bkw:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Labrev wrote:
12 Oct 2021 13:21
Drj820 wrote:
Boy, I really "like" that Rodgers has pre-determined who he is going to throw to before the play has even been called, let alone before surveying the field while running the play. :bkw:
Other than making sure the world knew he disagreed with coach, that’s exactly what I thought too when he said that haha Geez.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

91 and 24 getting in are completely unacceptable. By virtue of numbers, we can't wholly stop 20.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

Pckfn23 wrote:
12 Oct 2021 13:41
91 and 24 getting in are completely unacceptable. By virtue of numbers, we can't wholly stop 20.
I don't know who normally blocks on FG's but with so many injuries on OL...maybe that's part of the issue.
GB is lining up Slaton, Lancaster, Lowry, Garvin and Hanson on that Oline - not a lot of experience for any of those guys
IT. IS. TIME

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Labrev wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
When it’s crunch time you get the ball to your best player.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

How about get it to the open player?!

It even works in the NBA!

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
12 Oct 2021 13:54
Labrev wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
You have been so inconsistent with this I'm beginning to think you're just trolling.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

lupedafiasco wrote:
12 Oct 2021 13:54
Labrev wrote:
Drj820 wrote:
or the open player, which most of the time is Adams, thats the problem, people want to blame Rodgers, but the biggest reason we struggle in the RZ is that our receivers are not getting open on schedule, once the play breaks down, yes we see a receiver get some separation but by that time Rodgers is scrambling around, both Lazard and Tonyan are shadows of themselves last year, EQ????? why is he still on this roster!
we need someone to step up besides Adams and Cobb.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

LaFleur said it was missed assignments/lack of execution.

Analytics points to lack of early down success.

No mention of lack of separation by the receivers. Nothing more than a continued narrative.
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 12 Oct 2021 16:28, edited 1 time in total.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
12 Oct 2021 15:33
or the open player, which most of the time is Adams, thats the problem, people want to blame Rodgers, but the biggest reason we struggle in the RZ is that our receivers are not getting open on schedule, once the play breaks down, yes we see a receiver get some separation but by that time Rodgers is scrambling around, both Lazard and Tonyan are shadows of themselves last year, EQ????? why is he still on this roster!
we need someone to step up besides Adams and Cobb.
We literally had the second best red zone success rate of all time last season. Of ALL time. You think Lazard and Tonyan have fallen off a cliff at 25? The red zone offense is not failing due to our receivers. It succeeded with the same coach, QB, and receiving corps just last year. It's failing due to execution and play calling.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Receivers winning against their defenders during their routes would be included in “execution” i would imagine.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

I think it might have to do with the injuries at OL tho. Last year we could get to the 5 yard line and Aaron Jones could score from there almost automatically behind Linsley. By the time defenses put so much thought into stopping Jones and doubling Adams, Tonyan would be open enough to be force fed the ball. Everytime we get to about the 5 this year it seems either Rodgers is thinking about throwing his 420th TD pass, helping Adams get a contract extension, or just has no confidence in the run blocking to spring Jones in the end zone. Either way, the lack of fear that Jones will get the ball and score behind Linsley and guard Jenkins has hurt our red zone O.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
12 Oct 2021 16:49
I think it might have to do with the injuries at OL tho. Last year we could get to the 5 yard line and Aaron Jones could score from there almost automatically behind Linsley. By the time defenses put so much thought into stopping Jones and doubling Adams, Tonyan would be open enough to be force fed the ball. Everytime we get to about the 5 this year it seems either Rodgers is thinking about throwing his 420th TD pass, helping Adams get a contract extension, or just has no confidence in the run blocking to spring Jones in the end zone. Either way, the lack of fear that Jones will get the ball and score behind Linsley and guard Jenkins has hurt our red zone O.
Yup. Once we get right on the line everything is going to work out.
Cancelled by the forum elites.