Topic Split: Gruden Resigns

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Funny how Gruden gets destroyed, yet 650,000 emails and Snyders expulsion from day to day operations is back burner stuff and barely even spoken of, the NFL protects who kisses it's buttocks ( Demarcus Smith, George Allen, etc.) yet exposes and benefits from leaks about Gruden, this is turning into a calculated hit job.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/the-nfl-de ... 26099.html

Somehow, the biggest explosion in the Washington investigation engulfed a head coach who was never expected to be inside the blast radius — yet the key power broker leading the franchise, Snyder, moves on without even a single line of a single email making it out into the public.

At the very least, that’s curious. And at the very most, it might have been a surgically targeted operation that went exactly how it was supposed to: Breaking in a direction that benefitted the NFL, without sacrificing any of the people who have been protected by the league since the start of this.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
13 Oct 2021 02:57
I am so sick of woke and pc. Its hard to quit being a Packer fan but I am no longer a fan of football or sports in general I watch less and less sports of any type.
If there is a hill to die on, it isn’t this one.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

BF004 wrote:
13 Oct 2021 07:12
TheSkeptic wrote:
13 Oct 2021 02:57
I am so sick of woke and pc. Its hard to quit being a Packer fan but I am no longer a fan of football or sports in general I watch less and less sports of any type.
If there is a hill to die on, it isn’t this one.
:rotf: :rotf: he's looking for a brand new rope :rotf:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
13 Oct 2021 06:32
Funny how Gruden gets destroyed, yet 650,000 emails and Snyders expulsion from day to day operations is back burner stuff and barely even spoken of, the NFL protects who kisses it's buttocks ( Demarcus Smith, George Allen, etc.) yet exposes and benefits from leaks about Gruden, this is turning into a calculated hit job.

Somehow, the biggest explosion in the Washington investigation engulfed a head coach who was never expected to be inside the blast radius — yet the key power broker leading the franchise, Snyder, moves on without even a single line of a single email making it out into the public.

At the very least, that’s curious. And at the very most, it might have been a surgically targeted operation that went exactly how it was supposed to: Breaking in a direction that benefitted the NFL, without sacrificing any of the people who have been protected by the league since the start of this.
I was just coming here to comment on this exact article.

Public speculation from a guy who has credibly broken stories before is fairly newsworthy. Suggesting that the NFL leaked the first Gruden email in order to make it more difficult to replace De Smith on the very day the vote was taking place because the NFL prefers to work with a guy they think/know can be counted on to value labor peace is.... quite a potential twist, albeit still speculative.

This story went from an annoying distraction for me to something interesting if it is, in fact, about bigger picture labor relations and the lengths to which the sides are going to give themselves the edge.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
13 Oct 2021 08:53
Yoop wrote:
13 Oct 2021 06:32

I was just coming here to comment on this exact article.

Public speculation from a guy who has credibly broken stories before is fairly newsworthy. Suggesting that the NFL leaked the first Gruden email in order to make it more difficult to replace De Smith on the very day the vote was taking place because the NFL prefers to work with a guy they think/know can be counted on to value labor peace is.... quite a potential twist, albeit still speculative.

This story went from an annoying distraction for me to something interesting if it is, in fact, about bigger picture labor relations and the lengths to which the sides are going to give themselves the edge.
without mentioning all the particular points, I think it's note worthy that a lot of older vets like Rodgers voted NO to this last agreement, also this story about Makowski and the league not stepping up to cover his medical expenses, so I ask which sides are you referring to? I only see one side positioning themselves here, the league, and they are buying respect and favor from a poorly run NFL players union, at least thats how it appears to me.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Yoop wrote:
13 Oct 2021 09:08
without mentioning all the particular points, I think it's note worthy that a lot of older vets like Rodgers voted NO to this last agreement, also this story about Makowski and the league not stepping up to cover his medical expenses, so I ask which sides are you referring to? I only see one side positioning themselves here, the league, and they are buying respect and favor from a poorly run NFL players union, at least thats how it appears to me.
Yes, for sure, I was referring to the league's side, leveraging what they can to keep Smith in power because he negotiates for peace while there is, in fact, a bubbling movement of discontent among segments of players, as you speak of there. Smith got 22 of the 32 votes to remain the rep... that's the minimum he needed to keep his job. If even one person was swayed by "we can't vote him out while news is breaking that he was the target of a racist trope by a prominent league personality, then the leak played a part in Smith keeping his job.

That could benefit the league. It could benefit Smith. The machinations of power are always an interesting story. Makes me wanna watch Succession again.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
13 Oct 2021 09:12
Yoop wrote:
13 Oct 2021 09:08
Yes, for sure, I was referring to the league's side, leveraging what they can to keep Smith in power because he negotiates for peace while there is, in fact, a bubbling movement of discontent among segments of players, as you speak of there. Smith got 22 of the 32 votes to remain the rep... that's the minimum he needed to keep his job. If even one person was swayed by "we can't vote him out while news is breaking that he was the target of a racist trope by a prominent league personality, then the leak played a part in Smith keeping his job.

That could benefit the league. It could benefit Smith. The machinations of power are always an interesting story. Makes me wanna watch Succession again.
That's an interesting side topic among other interesting side topics and even main topics. This overshadowing Snyder. This being an intentional leak to get Gruden out. This leak containing much more evident against other coaches or front office people. The NFL keeping these emails or releasing them is the next turning point. If they don't release to the public now, there may be a huge uproar.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

NFL basically acting like the deep state at this point. Acquiring information through "investigation", releasing that info at targeted times without showing full context in order to advance their own agenda....spooky.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Drj820 wrote:
13 Oct 2021 09:39
NFL basically acting like the deep state at this point. Acquiring information through "investigation", releasing that info at targeted times without showing full context in order to advance their own agenda....spooky.
Oh they claim they didn't release anything. If you believe that I have a bridge to sell you. If they didn't, then they sure have the power, time and money to find out who did.

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

Like I said, Gruene should sue. He might not win, but he sure the hell will get their attention. And if successful, the 650,000 emails in discovery. BTW, ever notice how we never saw the responses to his emails?

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

So what exactly is Gruden going to sue for?
Last edited by Pckfn23 on 13 Oct 2021 10:58, edited 1 time in total.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

I know it won't happen, but the NFL needs to have its antitrust exemption re-examined if they're doing &%$@ like this. Or even if they're not. Antitrust is there for good reasons, one of which is that powerful entities engage in this type of rotten behavior when they get too big.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

APB wrote:
12 Oct 2021 06:16
I feel bad for Raider Nation. I thought Carr was maximizing his talent under Gruden and the team was generally on the right path. The organization had momentum with the move to LV and the fan base was excited. This will likely be a serious step back for them, unfortunately.
Eh. There were 30,000 Bares fans at the game. They have a nice stadium, but as of now LV doesn't care about da Raiiiddders.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
13 Oct 2021 15:40
APB wrote:
12 Oct 2021 06:16
I feel bad for Raider Nation. I thought Carr was maximizing his talent under Gruden and the team was generally on the right path. The organization had momentum with the move to LV and the fan base was excited. This will likely be a serious step back for them, unfortunately.
Eh. There were 30,000 Bares fans at the game. They have a nice stadium, but as of now LV doesn't care about da Raiiiddders.
what? a simple check shows this is false, Wally don't know where you got this info but the Raider home games are sold out for the season, granted some fans sell there tickets, but not 30,000, thats half of capacity, and it was packed for the Bears game.
I think the Raiders have been sold out for all of Grudens tenure.

Grudens problem ( besides having a lose tongue) is that he wanted and was given full control, a good coach but lousy personal man, should have let Mayock do the shopping

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Can I see this simple check? :hide:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

Pckfn23 wrote:
13 Oct 2021 16:40
Can I see this simple check? :hide:

Raiders Say 700 Season Ticket Holders ... - LVSportsBizhttps://lvsportsbiz.com › 2021/09/21 › raiders-say-700-...
Sep 21, 2021 — The sellout attendance was 61,756 for that Sept. 13 game at Allegiant Stadium. All Raiders home games this season are sold out, ...

https://lvsportsbiz.com/2021/09/21/raid ... quirement/

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yeah all indications so far are the raiders move to Vegas has been a success. All sell outs and the resale ticket prices have been high, so far.

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

Apparently I got bad info from the talking head on tv.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

wallyuwl wrote:
13 Oct 2021 18:08
you mean the talking exaggeraters who love the sound of there own voice :lol:

more exposure.

Adam "the leaker" Shefter is unscrupulous ;) sorta long, but the part near the bottom concerning Disney and wide spread legalized gambling interest me, with officials seemingly deciding the outcome of games it makes ya wonder why the NFL doesn't step in more to protect the integrity of the league, for one take more of the officiating upstairs to the monitors and give on field officials less discretionary calls.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/star-espn-re ... 11668.html

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yoop wrote:
14 Oct 2021 07:20
wallyuwl wrote:
13 Oct 2021 18:08
you mean the talking exaggeraters who love the sound of there own voice :lol:

more exposure.

Adam "the leaker" Shefter is unscrupulous ;) sorta long, but the part near the bottom concerning Disney and wide spread legalized gambling interest me, with officials seemingly deciding the outcome of games it makes ya wonder why the NFL doesn't step in more to protect the integrity of the league, for one take more of the officiating upstairs to the monitors and give on field officials less discretionary calls.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/star-espn-re ... 11668.html
I will say, Schefter still has a pretty good reputation. Like i would not say his rep is relegated to the dumpster at this point...but before this year i feel his reputation was almost impeccable. Like universally most respected him. I feel he has ruined that for himself at this point. The whole Rodgers thing was a bad look for him, but he made it 10x worse by constantly defending himself all summer long. He got very defensive and it was an ugly look. Now this leak instead of doing "journalism" he runs his stories by powerful people within organizations to make sure they are cool with the picture he paints of them...yikes bud.