Packers @ Bears Official GDT - NOON - OCT. 17th

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

I forgot Chicago is where Pettine landed.

Read More. Post Less.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Great week to get Bobby going and the backs killing them in passing game. Bears secondary is not great and Eddie is bad bad

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

One of my favorite things about bare week is just the comedic gold you see from bares fans and people who run bares blogs.

Like this, the genius here is you don’t even know you are in a joke when reading the first sentence. You think it is just fair minded commentary. Then you move to second sentence and see the true genius of the punchline. This tweeter should do stand up!
Attachments
6F6261C1-4FF7-41F9-8F54-9DDC75F4C3CB.jpeg
6F6261C1-4FF7-41F9-8F54-9DDC75F4C3CB.jpeg (325.69 KiB) Viewed 412 times
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

BSA
Reactions:

Post by BSA »

NCF wrote:
13 Oct 2021 16:04
I forgot Chicago is where Pettine landed.
If Blunt Force Trauma stays true to his roots- he will emphasize stopping the explosive pass plays and force AR to dink/dunk. Lovie used that vs Favre with a fair amount of success - its just really hard for these elite QBs to play that way all game.

Its just not their nature to be a Teddy Bridgewater and if you think about it from a strategic POV, turning a HOF QB into a Teddy is a big win for the defense.
IT. IS. TIME

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Drj820 wrote:
13 Oct 2021 18:56
One of my favorite things about bare week is just the comedic gold you see from bares fans and people who run bares blogs.

Like this, the genius here is you don’t even know you are in a joke when reading the first sentence. You think it is just fair minded commentary. Then you move to second sentence and see the true genius of the punchline. This tweeter should do stand up!
Yup. Got a buddy that keeps asking how we are going to stop their pass rush. I just keep saying how are THEY gonna stop our pass rush. Our backup line is better than their starters.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
13 Oct 2021 20:06
Drj820 wrote:
13 Oct 2021 18:56

Yup. Got a buddy that keeps asking how we are going to stop their pass rush. I just keep saying how are THEY gonna stop our pass rush. Our backup line is better than their starters.
Yeah haha I am getting the vibe that the bears fans are very confident. My cousin is a huge fan and he was super down on Nagy, now that Nagy isn’t calling plays he thinks everything is healed. He thinks Nagy is a good CEO when his face isn’t in a play sheet, and Bill Lazor is a great OC. He has a podcast with a couple other bears fans and they’ve picked against the bears last few weeks, allegedly everybody on the podcast picked the bears this week. Hey, nothing like a win against the lions and the raiders just as scandal is breaking out to inspire some real confidence I guess :messedup:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

They don’t have the offense to keep up. We win this game 24-13.

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Watching the Bears with a Bears fan. I hope we crush them.
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

Scott4Pack
Reactions:

Post by Scott4Pack »

One of my all time memories was Sunday night at Lambeau when Aaron came back. That Bear team was better than this one, even with Trubisky. This Packer team might be better than that one, aside from the OLine. But division games are usually division games, especially against da Bears, where the most bizarre things can happen and usually do.

Packers haven’t played polished ball at all thus far, as if it’s still pre-season for them. But this week, they start to clean up things and take care of business.

Packers 38
Bears 27
Come on down and try some of our delicious green chili! Best in the world!

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Scott4Pack wrote:
14 Oct 2021 08:08
One of my all time memories was Sunday night at Lambeau when Aaron came back. That Bear team was better than this one, even with Trubisky. This Packer team might be better than that one, aside from the OLine. But division games are usually division games, especially against da Bears, where the most bizarre things can happen and usually do.

Packers haven’t played polished ball at all thus far, as if it’s still pre-season for them. But this week, they start to clean up things and take care of business.

Packers 38
Bears 27
I was on my way to my 2nd deployment in Afghanistan during that game. I was watching with a Bears fan who was in my shop at the morale tent and he was so smug when it got to halftime.

We had to get to the warehouse to pick up our gear but right before we left I got to see the Cobb TD and was stressing the entire time because there was still 2 minutes on the clock. Got our stuff and hopped on the plane for an 8 hour flight not knowing if we held them or not.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Gotta love Davante...

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pettine says it's faster to get where you're going through the air than on the ground.

He is a stop the pass first kind of guy.

Me thinks this is a run, run, run game. Especially if Hicks is out. We crushed them last year on the ground. Do it again.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
14 Oct 2021 09:45
Pettine says it's faster to get where you're going through the air than on the ground.

Me thinks this is a run, run, run game. Especially if Hicks is out. We crushes them last year on the ground. Do it again.
It's BEAR SEASON SOMEWHERE :aok: we've been pretty good stopping the run in Barry's flex defense, specially so now with Campbell anchoring the under belly.

I think most DC think like Pettine, however some are better at scheming to stop the run as well, I had some doubts with Barry early, but my faith in what he's trying to do has increased these last few weeks

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
14 Oct 2021 09:57
go pak go wrote:
14 Oct 2021 09:45

Me thinks this is a run, run, run game. Especially if Hicks is out. We crushes them last year on the ground. Do it again.
It's BEAR SEASON SOMEWHERE :aok: we've been pretty good stopping the run in Barry's flex defense, specially so now with Campbell anchoring the under belly.

I think most DC think like Pettine, however some are better at scheming to stop the run as well, I had some doubts with Barry early, but my faith in what he's trying to do has increased these last few weeks
They are playing with the same energy level they played with in 2019. That's been my favorite thing.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Probably stating the obvious, but I am convinced Pettine's true role for da Bares is as a consultant for beating the Packers more than anything else, due to how closely he worked with Matt LaFleur. I wonder if they will keep him on after Nagy gets fired.
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Labrev wrote:
14 Oct 2021 10:41
Probably stating the obvious, but I am convinced Pettine's true role for da Bares is as a consultant for beating the Packers more than anything else, due to how closely he worked with Matt LaFleur. I wonder if they will keep him on after Nagy gets fired.
Well, if Nagy gets fired, it will be because they aren't beating the Packers, let alone other teams, at which point how could you view Pettine as valuable?

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

One of my favorite Packers memories in the past few years is beating the Bears in week 1 of 2019. That was the first time in a very long time that I legitimately had no idea of how good our team was or what we would do. Even with MM in 2006, I figured we'd be decent. But I had legitimately no idea how MLF would be, and how our revamped defense would perform. So it was very nice to come out and beat Chicago soundly (even though neither team really scored any points).

I think Pettine or no Pettine, we should win. But I will admit that having him makes me pause when giving that prediction, which I wouldn't have done otherwise.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Kelly and King the only players not practicing at all today. Would like King for Sunday, but Kelly might as well be a healthy scratch.

Bears missing Robinson, Hicks and Mack for 2nd day. Williams, their RB2 is out with COVID.

If I could bet it, I would bet the Packers.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
13 Oct 2021 16:13
Great week to get Bobby going and the backs killing them in passing game. Bears secondary is not great and Eddie is bad bad
Big Bob will not be much of a factor until he no longer has to chip a DLineman on every play. i.e. when Jenkins comes back.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
14 Oct 2021 21:45
Kelly and King the only players not practicing at all today. Would like King for Sunday, but Kelly might as well be a healthy scratch.

Bears missing Robinson, Hicks and Mack for 2nd day. Williams, their RB2 is out with COVID.

If I could bet it, I would bet the Packers.

So Chicago will have to role with RB3 huh? It would be pretty tough to get two negative test scores by now.
Yoop wrote: