Packers @ Bears Official GDT - NOON - OCT. 17th

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

APB wrote:
14 Oct 2021 09:40
Gotta love Davante...

Legend.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I hate this so much... Half the damn nation gets the game, but a quarter of Wisconsin doesn't...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Oct 2021 09:32
I hate this so much... Half the damn nation gets the game, but a quarter of Wisconsin doesn't...
Yeah I don't get it this week either. Again. Please NFL get a reasonable Pay Per View system going in a TV deal. There are so many areas in the country that it would benefit. (for instance fans in SD, ND, MN, and NW Wisconsin...which there are a ton of) can just buy the 3 - 6 games they need to watch per year.

Make it happen NFL. This is inexcusable in 2021.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I know why, but it is still stupid. We in the northwest pull our TV from Minnesota. BUT being in a different state we should have a choice where our streaming service/satellite pulls from, but we don't...
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Oct 2021 09:45
I know why, but it is still stupid. We in the northwest pull our TV from Minnesota. BUT being in a different state we should have a choice where our streaming service/satellite pulls from, but we don't...
Oh I'm not talking about NW Wisconsin people alone. I know "why" you are getting MPLS TV. I'm saying it's stupid to isolate fans near border areas period.

Like there are a lot of Packers fans in South Dakota too (it's so much that Sioux Falls carries the Packers Radio Network AND all Preseason games live). I'd say it's close to 30%. There are also a lot of Bears fans.

If you are a Bears fan, you get to watch maybe 3 - 6 games a year. Packers usually 12 games and Lions 3 - 5 games

Same with Chiefs and Broncos fans in Nebraska. Let them watch who they want to watch. The rules are stupid. Change them. They would make a LOT more money if they did.

It made sense to isolate to a specific TV provider in the 2000's before streaming. But we are beyond that now. Change the rules NFL. Break up with DirecTV.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

the UP use to get mostly the Lions game till about the time Favre started or shortly after, since then the UP affiliates did some sort of contract so that now we usually get the Packer games, including all PS games, so grateful for that, plus if a early game runs to over time they cut it and start the Packer game on schedule, well most of the time anyway.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
15 Oct 2021 10:28
the UP use to get mostly the Lions game till about the time Favre started or shortly after, since then the UP affiliates did some sort of contract so that now we usually get the Packer games, including all PS games, so grateful for that, plus if a early game runs to over time they cut it and start the Packer game on schedule, well most of the time anyway.
Yeah. The rule currently is if you get your TV from the immediate market TV Station, the TV station literally has NO choice. It must show the local team if they are playing and if the game is blacked out to due to no sell out, there is no football period on that TV channel.

So anyone pulling MPLS TV must watch MN. Period. End of story. It also means that if the Vikes are playing at noon and the Packers are playing at AZ for a 3:05 game (meaning FOX doesn't have the Double Header that week), you are not watching the Packer game. You will watch infomercials.

TV markets OUTSIDE the immediate television station have more leeway. Like if you are pulling a "Sioux Falls KTTW signal rather than Twin Cities KMSP Fox 9 signal) then KTTW can actually choose the game they wish to show. (like if it's a big playoff implication game for the GB and MN Is terrible they COULD show the Packer game). They also can show PS games and also show a game even if the home stadium is in a Blackout.

The issue with NW Wisconsin is they pull their TV signal from FOX 9 in Minneapolis. As a result they are completely dependent on the local MN rules even though everyone on God's Country's side of the St. Croix is rooting for the correct team.

It make zero sense and isolates a large chunk of audience. It's stupid and they need to change the rules to allow more flexibility. Like why should NW Wisconsin fans pay a price of not getting a football game because a team that is not their own couldn't sell tickets? So dumb. Punish Vikings fans. Not Packers fans.

And don't even get me started on out of market Double Header games where it starts at 3:25 and a noon game goes into OT and you can't use your Sunday Ticket to get the LIVE game because Sunday Ticket says it's supposed to be "on your local TV".
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Pckfn23 wrote:
15 Oct 2021 09:32
Can you imagine living in New Orleans, turning on your tv and seeing... Lions-Bengals? Just why?

Do Jamar Chase and Joe Burrow suddenly make the Bengals the LSU team?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
15 Oct 2021 10:37
The issue with NW Wisconsin is they pull their TV signal from FOX 9 in Minneapolis. As a result they are completely dependent on the local MN rules even though everyone on God's Country's side of the St. Croix is rooting for the correct team.
Gods Country :lol: I think some of the western UP is also included with MN, I have a friend that lives in Ironwood that I remember complaining that he had to watch the Vikes a few years back, I consider myself fortunate that I don't have to worry about it.

I remember rarely ever getting to see the Packers when I lived near Chicago.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

wallyuwl
Reactions:

Post by wallyuwl »

King is OUT. Addition by subtraction.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

wallyuwl wrote:
15 Oct 2021 19:13
So then for sure the ridiculously low point spread should bump up to at least 7. Bears QB is a rookie for cryin' out loud .. sheesh!

:munch:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

wallyuwl wrote:
I disagreee with this. I think King being out this week a big loss. He looked great last week and he is a good matchup on Robinson.
Yoop wrote:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
16 Oct 2021 09:06
wallyuwl wrote:
I disagreee with this. I think King being out this week a big loss. He looked great last week and he is a good matchup on Robinson.
agree, KIng might not be our best CB, but he's better then anyone not named Alexander or Stokes.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Wonder if we see more of Savage in the slot role this week and Scott at safety now that he is getting healthy.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Also, looking at the Bear pressure stats, it looks like they are a classic case of getting more sacks than they probably are worth. Their pass rush win rate and pressure rate is in the 20's while they lead the league in sacks.
Yoop wrote:

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

go pak go wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:
Great is a stretch. He looked like he belonged and played well. Lets save great for great.

I do agree it would be better with him then without but at the same time lets see what we got with the FA adds and different looks. King cant stay healthy. Good time to see what the other options can do. Before the season I would have been in the camp that douglas and dunbar are upgrades to king and they very well could be.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Backthepack4ever wrote:
16 Oct 2021 12:58
go pak go wrote:
wallyuwl wrote:
Great is a stretch. He looked like he belonged and played well. Lets save great for great.

I do agree it would be better with him then without but at the same time lets see what we got with the FA adds and different looks. King cant stay healthy. Good time to see what the other options can do. Before the season I would have been in the camp that douglas and dunbar are upgrades to king and they very well could be.
I only remember one play that he got beat on (he allowed too much cushion on the receiver, I think it was Boyd, got an easy first down)

Otherwise he triggered and blew up pretty much every play his way. Tackled great.

Yes. I call that a great game. He was 2019 version vs the Bengals. I don't really care about if others can be upgrades or downgrades in this particular point.

Last week, he played great. It's injuries and consistency that have always been his problem.
Yoop wrote:

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Why wouldnt you care if they are upgrades or downgrades?
That statement makes no sense to me.

We all know king can be inconsistent or not available. With jaire season up in the air and king being king these guys were brought in for a reason. The more depth and talent the better. If one can leap frog king thats a good thing