Packers @ Bears Official GDT - NOON - OCT. 17th

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
17 Oct 2021 19:28
Also, people can't blame the cold weather anymore for Pam Oliver.

She clearly struggles with her speech. I don't know what the issue is and I feel for her. But she also can't effectively do her job.

I would rather see some younger person get the opportunity. I know she is a legend and I know the sideline reporter doesn't provide much value anyway in these smaller covered games, but you would think she has enough money by now to hang it up.
Did I miss something with her speech?

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

[quote="go pak go" post_id=65503 time=1634516898 user_id=60]

She clearly struggles with her speech. I don't know what the issue is and I feel for her. But she also can't effectively do her job.

I would rather see some younger person get the opportunity. I know she is a legend and I know the sideline reporter doesn't provide much value anyway in these smaller covered games, but you would think she has enough money by now to hang it up.

Who listens to sideline reporters?

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
17 Oct 2021 20:37
go pak go wrote:

Yeah it almost sounds like she's deaf or something. I was concerned for her a couple years ago when it first happened, but since that was a while ago and nothing bad happened, I'm sure she's fine. Honestly I don't have a problem with it. Sounds kind of weird but whatevs

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

Today is going to be a good day. Every sports media piece of content today is going to talk about Rodgers telling the Bears fans he owns them and not a single one of them can dispute it.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

If anyone disses AR for talking smack to the bares fans I hope they also mention how classless that woman was for flipping him the double bird. I can't stand some of the players on our divisional rivals but I would never do that to their faces in a million years.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

I looked up in the stands and then from the front row, all I saw was a woman giving me a double bird,” Rodgers said. “And I'm not sure exactly what came out of my mouth next.”

classic, deny everything, wont matter, your getting a new social media award for whatever you said, which sounded like " I OWN YOU " :banana:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

texas wrote:
17 Oct 2021 23:45
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
17 Oct 2021 20:37
go pak go wrote:

Yeah it almost sounds like she's deaf or something. I was concerned for her a couple years ago when it first happened, but since that was a while ago and nothing bad happened, I'm sure she's fine. Honestly I don't have a problem with it. Sounds kind of weird but whatevs
Yeah. Call me an a$$hole but I don't get why she is still working these. These complaints (honestly more concerns because everyone adores Pam Oliver. She is a legend) have now been going for like 5 to 6 years.

It's painful for me to listen to and it just takes so long to get out the information.

When Erin Andrews took over the #1 job people complained because of skin color and being younger/attractive (which is ridiculous) was the reason. I'm pretty sure now FOX knew something before the rest did and is just keeping her on as charity.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

We know this defense's problem. It is Redzone defense and 3rd down defense. But this defense is giving reasons for hope (albiet we have played some poor offenses)

Right now:

Total Yards Rank: 5th with 315 yards allowed per game
Total Pass Yards Ranks: 4th with 206 yards allowed per game
Total Rush Yards Ranks: 12th with 108 yards allowed per game
Total Points: 13th with 22.7 points allowed per game

Points goes to 19.6 per game after week 1.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

yeah I think we have played a fairly weak run of the schedule lately, but that is okay. Our job during this time is to stack wins before we head into harder times. The good thing though is we have lots of guys out, and we are still doing our job.

I was just thinking about how when Fields and the Bears scored in the 4th and got within 3...then we responded with a TD and basically put the game to bed...I was thinking how in the past we hardly ever would answer with our own TD. We may get a FG and go up 6, or we may quickly punt..but we were always going to give the ball back and get nervous as we put the game in the hands of the defense. Then Rodgers may or may not get the ball back with like a minute left and we would be asking for a miracle.

It was really awesome to respond with a score and put that puppy to bed.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
18 Oct 2021 08:13
yeah I think we have played a fairly weak run of the schedule lately, but that is okay. Our job during this time is to stack wins before we head into harder times. The good thing though is we have lots of guys out, and we are still doing our job.

I was just thinking about how when Fields and the Bears scored in the 4th and got within 3...then we responded with a TD and basically put the game to bed...I was thinking how in the past we hardly ever would answer with our own TD. We may get a FG and go up 6, or we may quickly punt..but we were always going to give the ball back and get nervous as we put the game in the hands of the defense. Then Rodgers may or may not get the ball back with like a minute left and we would be asking for a miracle.

That was awesome. And I like it.

But I'm honestly not sure what team you're describing in that middle paragraph. I'm not denying that it has happened at times, but also, we have scored to put games away at least as often. MLF is 5-0 against the Bears. The offense was #1 in the NFL last year and ranks top ten this year in every efficiency metric I've seen. Aaron Rodgers is 22-5 against the Bears. The team is 33-9 in the past 2+ years (including playoffs) and only a tiny handful of those 33 games required late miracles. Our team does this sort of thing pretty regularly. It's strange to see that so many fans think of our identity as a team that rarely scores a TD when up 3.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

The Packers opponents (when excluding the loss vs the Packers) is 12-12 on the season. It improves to 12-7 when you take away the 0-5 Lions.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
18 Oct 2021 08:24
The Packers opponents (when excluding the loss vs the Packers) is 12-12 on the season. It improves to 12-7 when you take away the 0-5 Lions.
Yeah the Bears and Steelers are maybe a little friskier than I was willing to give them credit for. Glad we got both wins and glad we got them each by ten. They seem to maybe be wild card contenders at the very edge of playoff considerations or around the top of the non-playoff teams, while I had been considering them as bottom third of the league type teams prior to the past two weeks.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
18 Oct 2021 08:26
go pak go wrote:
18 Oct 2021 08:24
Yeah the Bears and Steelers are maybe a little friskier than I was willing to give them credit for. Glad we got both wins and glad we got them each by ten. They seem to maybe be wild card contenders at the very edge of playoff considerations or around the top of the non-playoff teams, while I had been considering them as bottom third of the league type teams prior to the past two weeks.
They are classic Steelers and Bears where their defense and STs will carry them far. There are a lot of good football teams.

A LOT of teams in that top tier with 6-0 and 5-1 records (in the NFC). Because of that, you also have a lot of 3-3 who may be better than their record states. Very little 4-2 teams at this point. In fact, I think the Saints are the only 2 loss team in the NFC right now.

1 - undefeated team (AZ)
4 - 1 loss teams (TB, DAL, GB, LAR)
1 - 2 loss team (NO)
5 - 3 loss teams (MN, CHI, CAR, SF, ATL)

It is starting to look like your 4 loss teams is an obvious tier and likely not contenders for a playoff spot. The Falcons are the likely 3 loss team who will not stay in that tier for long. (making it 10 teams likely vying for 7 spots). The 49ers can rise or fall pretty easy with a big time win against an NFC West foe.
Yoop wrote:

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
18 Oct 2021 08:20
Drj820 wrote:

But I'm honestly not sure what team you're describing in that middle paragraph. I'm not denying that it has happened at times, but also, we have scored to put games away at least as often. MLF is 5-0 against the Bears. The offense was #1 in the NFL last year and ranks top ten this year in every efficiency metric I've seen. Aaron Rodgers is 22-5 against the Bears. The team is 33-9 in the past 2+ years (including playoffs) and only a tiny handful of those 33 games required late miracles. Our team does this sort of thing pretty regularly. It's strange to see that so many fans think of our identity as a team that rarely scores a TD when up 3.
well "in the past" goes back alot further than last year.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

Drj820 wrote:
18 Oct 2021 08:46
YoHoChecko wrote:
18 Oct 2021 08:20
Drj820 wrote:

well "in the past" goes back alot further than last year.
But i think you can drop most the MM era issues that arose time and again win or lose. We're dealing with MLF and the only real constant from the past seems to be STs :evil:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

:rotf:
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

I'm so glad you found/posted that clip. I saw it this morning and wanted to share it, but not enough to look for it on the internet. This is everything [mention]lupedafiasco[/mention] wanted.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I love how Bears fans complain about the officiating.

If the refs truly were fair and didn't call the hold on the Bears TD run and didn't call the OPI (but instead illegal contact) the final score is 28 to 14. :idn:

The refs botched the ball spot TWICE for Chicago giving them a first down and didn't return the favor for us with Bobby Tonyan. The Refs also took away an Adrian Amos INT.

I don't think Kenny Clark's play was an offsides, but beyond that, that is on Fields not even looking for a flag and instead just chucking it.

The only other play I will concede is the personal foul call on #97. That was all Rodgers and #97 got caught doing the retaliation. Same thing happened to Kylin Hill though a few quarters later.

There was literally no "off balance" of reffing making this game easier for the Packers.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

An interesting quote from Aaron Rodgers yesterday that seems to have gotten little attention:

Question was essentially revolving around playing for the last time in Soldier Field. Rodgers expounded on it and said he talked to Mason about it before the game and then said,
I don't think this will be my last one, but I have enjoyed every bit of it up to this point.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
18 Oct 2021 11:23
An interesting quote from Aaron Rodgers yesterday that seems to have gotten little attention:

Question was essentially revolving around playing for the last time in Soldier Field. Rodgers expounded on it and said he talked to Mason about it before the game and then said,
I don't think this will be my last one, but I have enjoyed every bit of it up to this point.
I took that more to mean that he expects to play 4 more years and will likely face Chicago regardless of what team he's on, more so than an expression of which team he believes he will play for next year; but I did, also, hear that and find it interesting that people didn't jump on it--mostly because people love that story. But I'm actually sorta glad they didnt.