Packers @ Bears Official GDT - NOON - OCT. 17th

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
19 Oct 2021 00:57
The Redskins should not be slept on. They’re honestly a QB away from having an elite team. They have just as many stars on their roster as we do currently IMO minus a QB.
And we are missing some of our best players due to injury. Honestly, I thought we would have suffered way more for it. If we had a 100% healthy roster, yeah WFT could be a cakewalk, but as things stand, there's no margin to lose focus.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

go pak go wrote:
18 Oct 2021 16:31
Drj820 wrote:
18 Oct 2021 15:34
go pak go wrote:
18 Oct 2021 13:42

Personally I don't want Rodgers to be a Packer next year. I just don't think it makes sense for either party. It's a lose-lose for both.
Wildest comment ive ever seen on here. Props.
I can't wait to go through 2022 listening to all the b*tching about how the Packers can't give Rodgers a #1 or #2 WR.
Or to go through the next few years with people b*tching about how we let a HoF and MVP QB slip right through our hands. It goes both ways.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

salmar80 wrote:
19 Oct 2021 01:35
lupedafiasco wrote:
The Redskins should not be slept on. They’re honestly a QB away from having an elite team. They have just as many stars on their roster as we do currently IMO minus a QB.
And we are missing some of our best players due to injury. Honestly, I thought we would have suffered way more for it. If we had a 100% healthy roster, yeah WFT could be a cakewalk, but as things stand, there's no margin to lose focus.
I think Rodgers is always the difference maker. I think Heinike is garbage and with us being at home it should make up for being down players.

I just hope we dont get beat up anymore for this Cardinals game.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

lupedafiasco wrote:
19 Oct 2021 08:39
salmar80 wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
I think Rodgers is always the difference maker. I think Heinike is garbage and with us being at home it should make up for being down players.

Like Chicago last week, gotta feel mighty confident if the offense can just get you 24 points. Those 24 points will come as long as we can get TDs at a rate of 2 out of 3 posessions in the RZ.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
19 Oct 2021 08:45
lupedafiasco wrote:
19 Oct 2021 08:39
salmar80 wrote:

Like Chicago last week, gotta feel mighty confident if the offense can just get you 24 points. Those 24 points will come as long as we can get TDs at a rate of 2 out of 3 posessions in the RZ.
Yeah the goal really should be to come out as healthy as possible. This is the NFL, so any team can shock another team. It happened to us when we got bopped by the Chargers a year or two ago. But, I mean these guys kind of suck. Their secondary is a mess, their D has not being playing up to its reputation, and the O just has the one pretty awesome WR to worry about, Terry. I honestly dont think we will have many problems if we do our thing.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

lupedafiasco wrote:
I think you're relying too much on your priors here. The defense has been inexplicably garbage this year, despite all the names, and that's where most of their "stars" are. It just hasn't been working out for them, at all, and all the local talk is trying to figure out what changed from last year and why. Certainly, we could meet them in the game they happen to put it together; or certainly, we could have one of those offensive games where we're all out of sync and our own worst enemy.

But the notion that they're a QB away from an elite team has not held up this year at all. Not even close. No aspects of their team are functioning at an elite level; few are even functioning at an above-average level.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
19 Oct 2021 09:16
lupedafiasco wrote:
I think you're relying too much on your priors here. The defense has been inexplicably garbage this year, despite all the names, and that's where most of their "stars" are. It just hasn't been working out for them, at all, and all the local talk is trying to figure out what changed from last year and why. Certainly, we could meet them in the game they happen to put it together; or certainly, we could have one of those offensive games where we're all out of sync and our own worst enemy.

But the notion that they're a QB away from an elite team has not held up this year at all. Not even close. No aspects of their team are functioning at an elite level; few are even functioning at an above-average level.
The offensive line probably played the worst it has ever played as a whole unit in the MLF era last Sunday.

Yes Chicago is really good up front, but most of their plays were made because of mental breakdowns and mistakes rather than just actually getting beat. And we still won somewhat comfortably.

That's a really good thing. Basically we can win even when our offense is terrible as long as the defense can keep us in games within a score and we don't go into panic mode.

Nearly every loss in the MLF era has an identical path (except Indy) - get down by 3 possessions in the first half and forced to play catchup. Usually we get down by 3 possessions due to playing behind the sticks, a rare offensive turnover on our side of the field and an explosive play by the opposing offense.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
19 Oct 2021 09:24
YoHoChecko wrote:
19 Oct 2021 09:16
lupedafiasco wrote:

The offensive line probably played the worst it has ever played as a whole unit in the MLF era last Sunday.

Yes Chicago is really good up front, but most of their plays were made because of mental breakdowns and mistakes rather than just actually getting beat. And we still won somewhat comfortably.

That's a really good thing. Basically we can win even when our offense is terrible as long as the defense can keep us in games within a score and we don't go into panic mode.

Nearly every loss in the MLF era has an identical path (except Indy) - get down by 3 possessions in the first half and forced to play catchup. Usually we get down by 3 possessions due to playing behind the sticks, a rare offensive turnover on our side of the field and an explosive play by the opposing offense.
Yes, like MFL said in his post game presser we got into trouble offensively against the bares when we got behind the chains. This offense is deadly when defenses have to contend with both AR and the running game. I'm concerned about our D mainly because we have so many starters banged up. :|

JKB
Reactions:

Post by JKB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
Probably more talent minus AR.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

JKB wrote:
19 Oct 2021 13:33
lupedafiasco wrote:
Wow, absolutely undeniably absurdly false suggestion.

(unless you mean given our current injury situation in which case the topic may become debatable, but still a tough call)

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Where this WFT GDT at? :munch:

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

JKB wrote:
19 Oct 2021 13:33
lupedafiasco wrote:
we are really banged up, against the Bares we played minus our best pass rusher, and 2 of our top 3 CB's, our starting safety, our LT and center, and our #2 plus WR, thats imo why Lupe can say they have better talent when also subtracting Rodgers, at full strength I think we have more talent, the pro bowl roster last year I think attest to how good this roster is, I suppose a truly gifted #2 receiver might change Lupe's mind, I know it would make me more confident :aok:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Here's a side-by-side comparison of the WFT and the GB Packers starting rosters, with projected starters in the center for easy comparison, and if applicable, their injury replacements listed to the outside.

The offense:
image.png
image.png (24.44 KiB) Viewed 265 times
The defense:
image.png
image.png (23.69 KiB) Viewed 265 times
Beat up or not, we bring more talent and higher-caliber play to the field.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Whoops; I missed that Jon Bostic is on IR and his injury replacement is Khaleke Hudson

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Yeah they have more talent that is available to play on defense, but our offense just completely obliterates them in terms of available talent. We should handle business with little issue. Would be nice to get Love some snaps come late 4th quarter. Nice visual YoHo.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

Oh Lawd now a what 7 win team in 2020 and and 2-4 in 2021 is loaded. Yes they have players but they hace been bad. You know this crazy loaded d..... Dead last in pass defense. LAST. Young is a selfish player that takes himself put of plays. There front 4 is good esp inside (Allen is tough) but we have seen and beaten good fronts. Holcomb makes plays but we have seen better lbers.

Right now washington is not good.... Actually they suck. That could change in a week bc there is talent but to say they are on our level is a joke

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Oct 2021 15:56
Aaron laced Quinn’s belt with covid, that sly Fox.

Labrev
Reactions:

Post by Labrev »

Actually, keep doing the belt. :aok:
“Most other nations don't allow a terrorist to be their leader.”
“... Yet so many allow their leaders to be terrorists.”
—Magneto

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Rodgers stumps for Billy T to make the pro bowl on mcafee. One interesting thing of many that he spoke about on the show today.