Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Definitely a difference developing between conferences.

The NFC has 5 teams with 1 loss or better.
The AFC now only has one team with one loss.

Week 7 top NFC teams games:

Green Bay - hosts Washington
Tampa Bay - hosts Chicago
Arizona - hosts Houston
Dallas - Bye
LA Rams - Bye
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

The Super Bowl winner is 100% coming from the NFC. I think right now the top 5 teams in the league are in the NFC.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
19 Oct 2021 08:42
The Super Bowl winner is 100% coming from the NFC. I think right now the top 5 teams in the league are in the NFC.
image.png
image.png (24.48 KiB) Viewed 489 times

Althought somewhat funny, the NFC has no 4-2 teams, AFC has 5, so that could all change quickly.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

go pak go wrote:
19 Oct 2021 07:14
lupedafiasco wrote:
18 Oct 2021 19:21
Labrev wrote:
18 Oct 2021 18:14

This is why I wanted to keep the powder dry when Smith and Gilmore were available (not that Gilmore was really available); I would much rather have Mercilus than Smith (especially after yesterday, granted it's early yet).
Smith isnt even costing us a mil.
Net he's actually costing us literally $0 because we would have to pay someone else in his place.
Against the cap, and even not quite, veterans minimum is more than youngsters.

And it is still real money from team coffers.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
19 Oct 2021 08:52
lupedafiasco wrote:
image.png

Althought somewhat funny, the NFC has no 4-2 teams, AFC has 5, so that could all change quickly.
Meh. I don’t buy the Ravens. They’re a good team but I don’t trust Lamar Jackson in the playoffs. I just don’t think he has the arm to make it against the best defenses in the league. He’s a special player for sure but his style of play has never worked.

Maybe if you consider Wilson a runner but Wilson has a significantly better arm than Jackson. Every time one of these runners get into the playoffs they get slapped one way or another.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
19 Oct 2021 08:56

For an organization like GB where cash flow is not hard to come by and backed by a HUGE trust....could literally care less.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
19 Oct 2021 08:58
BF004 wrote:
19 Oct 2021 08:56

For an organization like GB where cash flow is not hard to come by and backed by a HUGE trust....could literally care less.
Im with you on that GPG. Seems like an odd thing to worry about. But I still have some faith in Jaylon. I just think he should be brought in at times that serve him better like third downs when its an obvious pass. I think he can help us alot there. I do admit he looked far worse than Barnes. But I think he can find a role for the price we are paying him. I still love the effort to try!
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Tim Boyle started the year on IR, supposed 6-8 weeks with a thumb injury. It is now week 7.

As the NFL's lone defeated team, would love to see him get the starting nod when comes off IR or shortly after.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

I seem to recall being told how the NFL is failing and no one is watching... :hide:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Oct 2021 11:11

I seem to recall being told how the NFL is failing and no one is watching... :hide:
Kind of funny, one of the few times I've ever watched a London game. Just never think of it at 8:30 am. But I watched this one for some reason.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pckfn23 wrote:
19 Oct 2021 11:11

Those are unbelievable numbers. :shock:
Yoop wrote:

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

BF004 wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
image.png

Super Bowl winner is not on that list.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
19 Oct 2021 08:57
BF004 wrote:
lupedafiasco wrote:
image.png

Meh. I don’t buy the Ravens. They’re a good team but I don’t trust Lamar Jackson in the playoffs. I just don’t think he has the arm to make it against the best defenses in the league. He’s a special player for sure but his style of play has never worked.

Maybe if you consider Wilson a runner but Wilson has a significantly better arm than Jackson. Every time one of these runners get into the playoffs they get slapped one way or another.
Except the time the Packers lost the first ever home playoff game to a running QB. The score was 27-7. It was a Sherman era postseason disappointnent.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
19 Oct 2021 18:55
lupedafiasco wrote:
BF004 wrote:

image.png

Except the time the Packers lost the first ever home playoff game to a running QB. The score was 27-7. It was a Sherman era postseason disappointnent.
I mean we lost to a running QB but they never won the Super Bowl. Had to look it up but the next week the Eagles shut Vick down.

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

lupedafiasco wrote:
19 Oct 2021 21:11
RingoCStarrQB wrote:
19 Oct 2021 18:55
lupedafiasco wrote:

I mean we lost to a running QB but they never won the Super Bowl. Had to look it up but the next week the Eagles shut Vick down.
That team was really, really good, but decimated by injuries (talking about 2002 Packers, here). Everything you need to know about that Vick play-off game was foreshadowed the week before when the Jets blew the Packers out of the building with a 1st-Round Bye at stake.

Read More. Post Less.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Look, I'm not saying the Colts have an elite or even high-level defense, but Lamar Jackson had one of the best passing performances in NFL history two Mondays ago, and that's not hyperbole because he had the best completion percentage for his number of attempts in history and the best completion percentage in a 400-yard game in history.

So saying Jackson "doesn't have the arm" to win is just incorrect. Now saying that he may not consistently have the discipline and decision-making to know when to throw and when to run... or that his accuracy in terms of ball placement is not consistently top level... fine.

But he has the arm talent to do whatever. As with most QBs, there's a mental and instinctual aspect to becoming elite which Jackson has shown in streaks and flashes but not necessarily week-to-week

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Oct 2021 08:54
Look, I'm not saying the Colts have an elite or even high-level defense, but Lamar Jackson had one of the best passing performances in NFL history two Mondays ago, and that's not hyperbole because he had the best completion percentage for his number of attempts in history and the best completion percentage in a 400-yard game in history.

So saying Jackson "doesn't have the arm" to win is just incorrect. Now saying that he may not consistently have the discipline and decision-making to know when to throw and when to run... or that his accuracy in terms of ball placement is not consistently top level... fine.

But he has the arm talent to do whatever. As with most QBs, there's a mental and instinctual aspect to becoming elite which Jackson has shown in streaks and flashes but not necessarily week-to-week
Hes sucked in the playoffs because teams have forced him to be a pocket passer and throw.
Nothing he does in the regular season will change the perception of what needs to be done to stop him in the playoffs.
He can lay that narrative to bed come January though.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Oct 2021 08:54

That’s all one in the same to me.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Our upcoming opponent WFT released their kicker Dustin Hopkins and replaced him with some guy named Chris Blewitt. Kinda weird move, considering Hopkins was 10/12 for the season, and both misses were more than 40 yarders. He had also missed two XPs. Still...
:idn:

I remember Hopkins being one of the go-to guys in Picking Our Kicking, since he was forced to try a ton of 40+ yarders, and was pretty good at it.

I was hoping they'd release their LS Camaron Cheeseman as well, 'cause I really want a long snapper named Cheeseman.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

salmar80 wrote:
20 Oct 2021 10:27
Our upcoming opponent WFT released their kicker Dustin Hopkins and replaced him with some guy named Chris Blewitt. Kinda weird move, considering Hopkins was 10/12 for the season, and both misses were more than 40 yarders. He had also missed two XPs. Still...
:idn:

I remember Hopkins being one of the go-to guys in Picking Our Kicking, since he was forced to try a ton of 40+ yarders, and was pretty good at it.

I was hoping they'd release their LS Camaron Cheeseman as well, 'cause I really want a long snapper named Cheeseman.
Blewitt not a particularly charming name for a kicker.