Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

BF004 wrote:
20 Oct 2021 10:49
salmar80 wrote:
20 Oct 2021 10:27
Our upcoming opponent WFT released their kicker Dustin Hopkins and replaced him with some guy named Chris Blewitt. Kinda weird move, considering Hopkins was 10/12 for the season, and both misses were more than 40 yarders. He had also missed two XPs. Still...
:idn:

I remember Hopkins being one of the go-to guys in Picking Our Kicking, since he was forced to try a ton of 40+ yarders, and was pretty good at it.

I was hoping they'd release their LS Camaron Cheeseman as well, 'cause I really want a long snapper named Cheeseman.
Blewitt not a particularly charming name for a kicker.
:rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

Apparently their other option was named Sloman. :idn:

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

BF004 wrote:
19 Oct 2021 09:31
Tim Boyle started the year on IR, supposed 6-8 weeks with a thumb injury. It is now week 7.

As the NFL's lone defeated team, would love to see him get the starting nod when comes off IR or shortly after.
Welp, the Lions just activated Geronimo Allison from their practice squad so...who knows? Together with Jamal Williams, there should be some familiarity.

#gettingthebandbacktogether

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Interesting considering the conversation.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Sounding like Watson to the Dolphins might be getting closer.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

And sounds like a destination for Tua is the thing holding it up. More rumors of Tua to the Steelers (not the vet Tomlin was hoping for).
RIP JustJeff

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

Where are you seeing/hearing coverage for this?

If it's NFL Network, forget I asked. I find their studio banter to be insufferable.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
20 Oct 2021 16:02

If it's NFL Network, forget I asked. I find their studio banter to be insufferable.
Pretty much every sports media outlet is reporting that it’s close.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Oct 2021 16:25
APB wrote:

I was speaking specifically to the Steelers bit. Have not seen that.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

APB wrote:
20 Oct 2021 16:41
lupedafiasco wrote:
APB wrote:

Oh from what Twitter shows is Tua is all over the place. Some saying WFT. Some saying Broncos. Haven’t seen much saying Steelers myself.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Tua is too brittle for pro football. Stayed injured behind the best OL in college all through his ncaa career. He sucks.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Drj820 wrote:
20 Oct 2021 18:01
Tua is too brittle for pro football. Stayed injured behind the best OL in college all through his ncaa career. He sucks.
I quite enjoyed watching early in last week's game. There is plenty to work with there, for the right team.
RIP JustJeff

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Oct 2021 16:47
APB wrote:
20 Oct 2021 16:41
lupedafiasco wrote:

Oh from what Twitter shows is Tua is all over the place. Some saying WFT. Some saying Broncos. Haven’t seen much saying Steelers myself.
I saw a couple of tidbits on the Steelers. Definitely not the only possibility.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
20 Oct 2021 18:18
Drj820 wrote:
20 Oct 2021 18:01
I quite enjoyed watching early in last week's game. There is plenty to work with there, for the right team.
I don’t question his ability as a qb. I just find his availability to be such a massive red flag with him that it impacts what I think of his quality.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I don’t know if it’s Tua being a lefty or what but something about the way he throws looks awkward to me. I also think his accuracy is average. He makes it harder in his receivers to catch passes.

I’m not a fan.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Oct 2021 19:57
I don’t know if it’s Tua being a lefty or what but something about the way he throws looks awkward to me. I also think his accuracy is average. He makes it harder in his receivers to catch passes.

I’m not a fan.
I thought that too. He's a bit all over the place. But he makes some great throws and seems to have good command in the huddle and at the line. Just needs some good coaching and could be a good player.

But yes injuries are a concern, but he's playing through as much as he can.
RIP JustJeff

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

paco wrote:
20 Oct 2021 22:11
lupedafiasco wrote:

I’m not a fan.
I thought that too. He's a bit all over the place. But he makes some great throws and seems to have good command in the huddle and at the line. Just needs some good coaching and could be a good player.

But yes injuries are a concern, but he's playing through as much as he can.
I watched the London game and one of his guys was chirping at the other team while the rest of the offense was huddling. Tua walked over, grabbed the guy by the horse collar, and dragged him into the huddle. I thought that was bad ass.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

YoHoChecko wrote:
20 Oct 2021 08:54
Look, I'm not saying the Colts have an elite or even high-level defense, but Lamar Jackson had one of the best passing performances in NFL history two Mondays ago, and that's not hyperbole because he had the best completion percentage for his number of attempts in history and the best completion percentage in a 400-yard game in history.

So saying Jackson "doesn't have the arm" to win is just incorrect. Now saying that he may not consistently have the discipline and decision-making to know when to throw and when to run... or that his accuracy in terms of ball placement is not consistently top level... fine.

But he has the arm talent to do whatever. As with most QBs, there's a mental and instinctual aspect to becoming elite which Jackson has shown in streaks and flashes but not necessarily week-to-week
Yeah, and I had to go up against him in fantasy, and he needed every single point to beat me. I hate the Colts because it seems like they're always involved somehow in my epic fantasy losses.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

lupedafiasco wrote:

I’m not a fan.
Tua is garbage, and it was evident after like 3 of his starts last year. Frankly Miami is getting what they deserved for benching Fitzmagic and I hope all of their coaches get fired.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

texas wrote:
21 Oct 2021 00:29
lupedafiasco wrote:

I’m not a fan.
Tua is garbage, and it was evident after like 3 of his starts last year. Frankly Miami is getting what they deserved for benching Fitzmagic and I hope all of their coaches get fired.
It's almost like maybe starting young QBs before they're ready to be dumped into the fire and complete their learning on the field... impacts their play and ability to develop :idn: :dunno: ;)

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

YoHoChecko wrote:
21 Oct 2021 07:40
texas wrote:
21 Oct 2021 00:29
lupedafiasco wrote:

I’m not a fan.
It's almost like maybe starting young QBs before they're ready to be dumped into the fire and complete their learning on the field... impacts their play and ability to develop :idn: :dunno: ;)