Cheese Curds - News Around The League 2021

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
21 Oct 2021 07:40
texas wrote:
21 Oct 2021 00:29
lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Oct 2021 19:57
I don’t know if it’s Tua being a lefty or what but something about the way he throws looks awkward to me. I also think his accuracy is average. He makes it harder in his receivers to catch passes.

I’m not a fan.
Tua is garbage, and it was evident after like 3 of his starts last year. Frankly Miami is getting what they deserved for benching Fitzmagic and I hope all of their coaches get fired.
It's almost like maybe starting young QBs before they're ready to be dumped into the fire and complete their learning on the field... impacts their play and ability to develop :idn: :dunno: ;)
Tua sat the first 6 weeks of his rookie season.

Tua could have sat his entire rookie contract and if they still hadnt fixed that OL by the time they wanted him to come in, he still would have ended up on IR and been a bust.

Tua starting week one, behind a good OL, with a good coach, in a good system would have given him a better chance at success than Tua sitting 3 years and coming in behind no OL.

The guy is brittle. Low chance of success in the league even if he was able to sit and watch for 5 years due to that fact.
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

lupedafiasco wrote:
20 Oct 2021 23:37
paco wrote:
20 Oct 2021 22:11
lupedafiasco wrote:
I don’t know if it’s Tua being a lefty or what but something about the way he throws looks awkward to me. I also think his accuracy is average. He makes it harder in his receivers to catch passes.

I’m not a fan.
I thought that too. He's a bit all over the place. But he makes some great throws and seems to have good command in the huddle and at the line. Just needs some good coaching and could be a good player.

But yes injuries are a concern, but he's playing through as much as he can.
I watched the London game and one of his guys was chirping at the other team while the rest of the offense was huddling. Tua walked over, grabbed the guy by the horse collar, and dragged him into the huddle. I thought that was bad ass.
Exactly the moment I was thinking of. Most young players, even a QB, don't have the balls to do that yet.
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

paco wrote:
21 Oct 2021 08:23
lupedafiasco wrote:
paco wrote:
20 Oct 2021 22:11

I thought that too. He's a bit all over the place. But he makes some great throws and seems to have good command in the huddle and at the line. Just needs some good coaching and could be a good player.

But yes injuries are a concern, but he's playing through as much as he can.
I watched the London game and one of his guys was chirping at the other team while the rest of the offense was huddling. Tua walked over, grabbed the guy by the horse collar, and dragged him into the huddle. I thought that was bad ass.
Exactly the moment I was thinking of. Most young players, even a QB, don't have the balls to do that yet.
I saw Tua play alot at Bama. He can sling the ball. He can develop into a fine QB in terms of delivering the ball where it needs to be. I just think hes genetically brittle and I think it will derail his career. A change of scenery will certainly help him tho, miami has been a QB grave yard for a long long time.

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

YoHoChecko wrote:
21 Oct 2021 07:40
texas wrote:
21 Oct 2021 00:29
lupedafiasco wrote:

I’m not a fan.
Tua is garbage, and it was evident after like 3 of his starts last year. Frankly Miami is getting what they deserved for benching Fitzmagic and I hope all of their coaches get fired.
It's almost like maybe starting young QBs before they're ready to be dumped into the fire and complete their learning on the field... impacts their play and ability to develop :idn: :dunno: ;)
Especially in a pandemic year

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

Drj820 wrote:
21 Oct 2021 08:26
paco wrote:
21 Oct 2021 08:23
lupedafiasco wrote:

I saw Tua play alot at Bama. He can sling the ball. He can develop into a fine QB in terms of delivering the ball where it needs to be. I just think hes genetically brittle and I think it will derail his career. A change of scenery will certainly help him tho, miami has been a QB grave yard for a long long time.
Worked fine for Justin Hebert. ;)
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

*their

The left needs to be exterminated

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

So, where's Deshaun ending up?

Raptorman
Reactions:

Post by Raptorman »

texas wrote:
24 Oct 2021 15:36
Jail.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

texas wrote:
I have no understanding of the rumors that say he WANTS to go to Miami. Houston may be less of a dumpster fire than Miami!

texas
Reactions:

Post by texas »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Oct 2021 17:08
texas wrote:
I have no understanding of the rumors that say he WANTS to go to Miami. Houston may be less of a dumpster fire than Miami!
Haha well, I've never been to Miami, but I can tell you that Houston as a city can be quite the dumpster fire. I know you're talking about the franchises though, but I don't think anyone could ever be all that opposed to going to south florida

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Sometimes you have to love da Bears' ineptitude:

PFT: "Fields has been sacked 22 times, the most of any quarterback in the NFL this season, even though he’s 30th in the NFL with just 131 pass attempts. Fields gets sacked 14.4 percent of the time he tries to pass."

:rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: :rotf:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

The Bears also haven't passed for over 200 yards in a game yet this year. All they can count on is Rodgers leaving and us falling apart. And I'm still not sure that's enough for them to beat us.
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Eventually, these teams have to figure out that building an OLine is the most important thing they need to do, above finding the next QB, right?

A fancy new QB does nothing but get wasted if you can't protect them when they pass and relieve their pressure by being able to sometimes run.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Oct 2021 11:56
Eventually, these teams have to figure out that building an OLine is the most important thing they need to do, above finding the next QB, right?

A fancy new QB does nothing but get wasted if you can't protect them when they pass and relieve their pressure by being able to sometimes run.
If there isn't a way to get both, I'd prioritize giving a young QB a solid Oline over giving him a sexy stable of receivers and TEs.

Even if the receivers don't get open fast, with a good line the QB at least has a chance to learn going through his progressions. And will provide a running game to support him. With a sucky pass pro line, there's a high chance of learning bad habits.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Feel like this is crazy:

image.png
image.png (116.28 KiB) Viewed 285 times

Not pictured, Jets, Texans, Jags and Dolphins all with 1 win.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

image.png
image.png (99.99 KiB) Viewed 284 times

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

salmar80 wrote:
25 Oct 2021 12:14
YoHoChecko wrote:

If there isn't a way to get both, I'd prioritize giving a young QB a solid Oline over giving him a sexy stable of receivers and TEs.

Even if the receivers don't get open fast, with a good line the QB at least has a chance to learn going through his progressions. And will provide a running game to support him. With a sucky pass pro line, there's a high chance of learning bad habits.
Oh, 100%. The weapons should come last, for sure.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:

yet the first thing Teddy T did was fire our two Guards and draft a WR round two :rotf:

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

BF004 wrote:
25 Oct 2021 12:17
image.png
For as top heavy as the NFC seems, there certainly are some stinkers in the fringe play-off positions.

Read More. Post Less.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
25 Oct 2021 12:35
YoHoChecko wrote:

yet the first thing Teddy T did was fire our two Guards and draft a WR round two :rotf:
He did it all.

He drafted Rodgers then Collins then Terrance Murphy
Hawk, then Colledge, then Jennings, Abdul Hodge and then Spitzy

The high percentage success rate of hits of drafted Olinemen by GB after Tony Manderich is downright amazing. I believe Jason Spriggs and Sherrod are the only real busts in that group over 30 years.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Yoop wrote:
25 Oct 2021 12:35
YoHoChecko wrote:

Yes, TT did that. He had a 36-year-old starting QB, not a rookie one. And I remember him saying in interviews he hated weakening the OL, but he had to because the team was in dire cap straits...

Yoop, do you think it should be the other way around? If you have a young QB, prioritize getting a stable of great targets over building the OL? If so, what's your reasoning?