Football Team @ Packers, Official GDT, Noon, Oct. 24th

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
24 Oct 2021 15:39
YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Oct 2021 15:27
go pak go wrote:
24 Oct 2021 15:22

such as?
The red zone series with the “gave himself up” was so dumb. It was a letter of the law ruling not a spirit of the law. That guy ran untouched into the endzone. I’m not going to feel great about that.

The big PI on Adams looked egregious in live action, but on replay could have been an easy no call. A hand on the shoulder with no hook doesn’t merit a call to me.

The fumble that wasn’t recovered by Savage got corrected on replay, but the call on the field was obviously wrong that the review itself was annoying.

We were a better team, but there were so many close calls and they all leaned our way. On the season, it felt like justice and fair. Win some, lose some. Within the course of the game, it was just terrible to watch and felt extra frustrating
So 1 break that was an error by the player.

The Adams PI is offset with the Douglass PI call.

I don't think the refs impacted the outcome of the game. They were sloppy for sure. But no real advantage to one team or the other.
I mean it’s just bad. They get calls wrong all over the place. It didn’t effect the game because the Skins are bad. Some of these calls get made on Thursday and it could impact the entire playoffs.

I’ve said it before but the NFL wants to have these long 5 minute commercial breaks. They could use that time to review questionable calls and get the game right. Right now is just bad. It’s as bad as it was with the replacement refs. Seriously these guys are ass cheeks.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I'm not arguing the refs weren't bad. Because they were.

But the refs weren't to the advantage of the Packers today.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

go pak go wrote:
24 Oct 2021 15:52
I'm not arguing the refs weren't bad. Because they were.

But the refs weren't to the advantage of the Packers today.
I don’t think so either. The better team won. Just the viewing experience is terrible. They make bad calls. Then they make bad calls they’re clueless on which way it should go. Then they take extra long to determine the call just to say there isn’t enough evidence so they just keep the call the same.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

I had zero problem with the Heinicke ruled down -ruling.

There's no way to allow players to both give themselves up AND to have them gain extra yards if they can roll forwards when not timely touched. That would open up a whole Pandora's box of people going to hit awkwardly sliding QBs on the ground, and others who don't have the opportunity to do a perfect "I give myself up at this spot" -slide, because the defenders would have to make sure (and would have the opportunity).

It was a stooooopid move by Heinicke.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

salmar80 wrote:
24 Oct 2021 16:06

There's no way to allow players to both give themselves up AND to have them gain extra yards if they can roll forwards when not timely touched. That would open up a whole Pandora's box of people going to hit awkwardly sliding QBs on the ground, and others who don't have the opportunity to do a perfect "I give myself up at this spot" -slide, because the defenders would have to make sure (and would have the opportunity).

I completely agree. With as much as the rules are shifted toward the offense and how you can never touch the QB, I have absolutely ZERO problem with the rule. It's a good rule and I am glad they enforced it.

It was a dumb play by the QB.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

LaFleur just dropped a "Coach Rodgers". :rotf:
RIP JustJeff

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Oct 2021 15:34
texas wrote:
24 Oct 2021 15:33
Nice win. This is one of those 4-5 games per year that by next year, I won't remember because it was just a comfortable blowout win. We're just a better team than them, simple as.

Now onto the hard part of the schedule.
I think this was Gary’s first absolutely dominant game. He was good last week. He took this game over.
I didnt get to watch the game closely due to being at work. Going to rewatch with sole intention of watching Gary allegedly ball out. Look forward to seeing it.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
24 Oct 2021 15:39
I don't think the refs impacted the outcome of the game. They were sloppy for sure. But no real advantage to one team or the other.
Oh for sure. It did not affect the OUTCOME. We win this game regardless of officiating.

But it affected the flow of the game. It affected the experience of watching the game. And it definitely made the experience far more frustrating for fans of the losing team than fans of the winning team. And I don’t give as much blame to the non TD on Heinie as you may.

To the credit of the fan base, the immediate aftermath on talk radio was more about blowing their own chances than officiating. But the texts I was getting throughout from local fans… it was tough.

We reversed the defensive dichotomy. We were good in yards and bad in points all season and suddenly we’re gone up 400 yards and only ten points.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
24 Oct 2021 16:10
salmar80 wrote:
24 Oct 2021 16:06

I completely agree. With as much as the rules are shifted toward the offense and how you can never touch the QB, I have absolutely ZERO problem with the rule. It's a good rule and I am glad they enforced it.

It was a dumb play by the QB.
If he was giving himself up to avoid a hit or tackle, sure. This was a guy on the wide open field with no threat to him who didn’t go feet first. It was dumb. Not a soul would have complained if they called it a TD and never reviewed. Sure, Taylor will learn from his mistake, but to me the consequence was far too great for the mistake

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
24 Oct 2021 12:19
Terrible edge seal by Garvin there.
This game wasn't the OL's finest hour. :| Washington's D was pretty good today.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Pugger wrote:
24 Oct 2021 17:12
go pak go wrote:
Garvin plays defense.
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Pugger wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Backwards day. Oline struggles, defense locks down in the red zone.
RIP JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

NCF wrote:
24 Oct 2021 13:06
To be fair, that appeared to be all on Crosby.
The trajectory on that FG attempt was pretty low. He redeemed himself later on.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

Labrev wrote:
24 Oct 2021 13:27
BF004 wrote:
24 Oct 2021 13:26
28 passes to 5 rushes to RBs.

Why????? Just why??
To be fair, a few of the passes have been quasi-rushes. The quick throws to Jones, even Adams, etc.

But yeah, one would like to see Jones or Dillon shorten some of these 3rd downs.
WFT was tackling our backs pretty well today. Our guys had issues getting going.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Big Deeeeeaan!
RIP JustJeff

Bogey
Reactions:

Post by Bogey »

BC9D49AE-6A38-4036-92AA-616EBD7EAC5A.jpeg
BC9D49AE-6A38-4036-92AA-616EBD7EAC5A.jpeg (2.78 MiB) Viewed 397 times
Thanks for stopping by, Ringo. Always good to see you.
The Packers lunatic fringe is more visible because of sheer numbers. The Packers have one of the largest fan bases in all of sports. If the fringe percentage is the same as with other teams, then we end up with larger volumes of nut jobs. - JustJeff

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

lupedafiasco wrote:
24 Oct 2021 14:45
Sheesh we’re about to play the Chiefs again without Mahomes.
That's fine by me. We know all too well what it is like to lose your starting QB. KC's defense isn't all that great either. By then we could get more guys back and this is a truly winnable game for us.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

salmar80 wrote:
24 Oct 2021 14:47
Gary and De'Vondre having helluva games.
Its good to see Gary coming around. I remember a lot of folks were none too pleased when we drafted him 12th overall.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

williewasgreat wrote:
24 Oct 2021 15:17
go pak go wrote:
24 Oct 2021 15:13
Awesome job by the defense. Anytime you hold a team to 10 points or less that is a dominant game. :banana: :banana: :banana:
I would put an asterisk next to this one. The WFT screwed themselves to keep from scoring more points. Was not really a dominant defensive game.
An asterisk? Why? A win is a win in this league. There are no style points in the NFL. The WFT won their division last year and I was impressed with that defense of theirs. We had 4 starters on D out too. This was a big win because next week is gonna be a major challenge on a short week against an undefeated team.

Pugger
Reactions:

Post by Pugger »

go pak go wrote:
24 Oct 2021 17:14
Pugger wrote:
go pak go wrote:
Garvin plays defense.
:oops: :oops: :oops: I was thinking of the RG...