Football Team @ Packers, Official GDT, Noon, Oct. 24th

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

That is just not how I imagined Ringo to look like at all.

This was always the image of Ringo in my head at Packers game (drunk as hell is also an important feature)

Side note. I have met this guy in the photo. The man was dddrrruuuuuunnnnkkkkkkkk. :lol:

Just assumed it was always Ringo.
image.png
image.png (320.03 KiB) Viewed 512 times
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Oh that hits me in the feels for sure.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Great halftime ceremonies for Willie Davis and Bobby Dillon today.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Watching replay now. Just realized Crosby almost missed the XP before half.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

Pugger wrote:
24 Oct 2021 17:35
salmar80 wrote:
24 Oct 2021 14:47
Gary and De'Vondre having helluva games.
Its good to see Gary coming around. I remember a lot of folks were none too pleased when we drafted him 12th overall.
Either your memory is really, really good... or you read the board frequently.

Read More. Post Less.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

4 first half carries for Dillon and Jones. Eek.

Heckuva ball to Tonyan for his TD.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Jaylon smith was better this week than he was last week, and better than Oren Burks. Which is the main reason I want Smith on the team (keep burks off field)

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Wow just realized how unlucky they got on the heneicke sneak where they called him dead.

Also 53 had nice coverage on the pass catcher on 2nd down and goal, then goes up and lays out lowry lol

Crazylegs Starks
Reactions:

Post by Crazylegs Starks »

Drj820 wrote:
24 Oct 2021 18:48
Wow just realized how unlucky they got on the heneicke sneak where they called him dead.
That was just a great play by Campbell
“We didn’t lose the game; we just ran out of time.”
- Vince Lombardi

Trudge
Reactions:

Post by Trudge »

NCF wrote:
24 Oct 2021 18:44
Pugger wrote:
24 Oct 2021 17:35
salmar80 wrote:
24 Oct 2021 14:47
Gary and De'Vondre having helluva games.
Its good to see Gary coming around. I remember a lot of folks were none too pleased when we drafted him 12th overall.
Either your memory is really, really good... or you read the board frequently.
I was ecstatic about that pick, you kidding me? :)
Us reads viewers a fur. Thats guys a weeks shared reds.

Never forget where you came from....

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

Drj820 wrote:

Also 53 had nice coverage on the pass catcher on 2nd down and goal, then goes up and lays out lowry lol
How was that bad luck" Campbell caused a fumble before the ball broke the plane. Although the QB recovered his own fumble, he was in the grasp of several Packers and does not get to advance a fumble after he was touched. It was the right call. It was not luck but good D by the Packers.

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Oct 2021 17:00
If he was giving himself up to avoid a hit or tackle, sure. This was a guy on the wide open field with no threat to him who didn’t go feet first. It was dumb. Not a soul would have complained if they called it a TD and never reviewed. Sure, Taylor will learn from his mistake, but to me the consequence was far too great for the mistake
That's very well in theory, and I agree in theory that he should have had a TD. But not in practice.

In practice, the law says, as it must say, that if the QB gives himself up, he gives himself up full stop, no question. You can't have a law where the defender has to work out why the QB is sliding before deciding whether to tackle. Either the QB is performing an action during which he can be tackled, or he is performing an action which saves him from being tackled, and the reason behind the action is irrelevant.

williewasgreat
Reactions:

Post by williewasgreat »

Pugger wrote:
24 Oct 2021 17:40
williewasgreat wrote:
24 Oct 2021 15:17
go pak go wrote:
24 Oct 2021 15:13
Awesome job by the defense. Anytime you hold a team to 10 points or less that is a dominant game. :banana: :banana: :banana:
I would put an asterisk next to this one. The WFT screwed themselves to keep from scoring more points. Was not really a dominant defensive game.
An asterisk? Why? A win is a win in this league. There are no style points in the NFL. The WFT won their division last year and I was impressed with that defense of theirs. We had 4 starters on D out too. This was a big win because next week is gonna be a major challenge on a short week against an undefeated team.
The asterisk was for calling the defense, "dominant." It was not meant as toward the game overall. Dominant defenses do not allow over 400 yards. WFT mistakes had a lot to do with them not scoring more points. It's great that the defense did not allow more than ten points, but they were not dominant.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

TheSkeptic wrote:
25 Oct 2021 04:06
Drj820 wrote:

How was that bad luck" Campbell caused a fumble before the ball broke the plane. Although the QB recovered his own fumble, he was in the grasp of several Packers and does not get to advance a fumble after he was touched. It was the right call. It was not luck but good D by the Packers.
We Ñot talking about same play

I said “sneak”, probably should have said “scramble”
:aok:
Last edited by Drj820 on 25 Oct 2021 06:12, edited 1 time in total.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

dsr wrote:
25 Oct 2021 04:38
YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Oct 2021 17:00
If he was giving himself up to avoid a hit or tackle, sure. This was a guy on the wide open field with no threat to him who didn’t go feet first. It was dumb. Not a soul would have complained if they called it a TD and never reviewed. Sure, Taylor will learn from his mistake, but to me the consequence was far too great for the mistake
That's very well in theory, and I agree in theory that he should have had a TD. But not in practice.

In practice, the law says, as it must say, that if the QB gives himself up, he gives himself up full stop, no question. You can't have a law where the defender has to work out why the QB is sliding before deciding whether to tackle. Either the QB is performing an action during which he can be tackled, or he is performing an action which saves him from being tackled, and the reason behind the action is irrelevant.
Was he giving himself up or diving to the goal line? Looked like an unathletic (even tho he seems fairly athletic) dive to the goal line to me.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Crazylegs Starks wrote:
24 Oct 2021 20:47
Drj820 wrote:
That was just a great play by Campbell
We Ñot talking about the same play. I said “sneak”, probably should have said “scramble”.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

williewasgreat wrote:
25 Oct 2021 05:13
Pugger wrote:
24 Oct 2021 17:40
williewasgreat wrote:
24 Oct 2021 15:17

I would put an asterisk next to this one. The WFT screwed themselves to keep from scoring more points. Was not really a dominant defensive game.
An asterisk? Why? A win is a win in this league. There are no style points in the NFL. The WFT won their division last year and I was impressed with that defense of theirs. We had 4 starters on D out too. This was a big win because next week is gonna be a major challenge on a short week against an undefeated team.
The asterisk was for calling the defense, "dominant." It was not meant as toward the game overall. Dominant defenses do not allow over 400 yards. WFT mistakes had a lot to do with them not scoring more points. It's great that the defense did not allow more than ten points, but they were not dominant.
I think at this point we are finding we are a top 10 defense with an offense that is probably around average. Maybe top 10 offense too if they have to.

We have beaten up teams that we should beat up with good wins on the road vs San Fran and Cincy. All other teams we should have beaten we have beat by double digits which is what you would expect; what has been impressive is we are doing this with a lot of injuries.

Overall our players have had up and down seasons with the primary consistent performers being Clark, Adams and Campbell. I think Gary is getting close to being in that group as well. Maybe Stokes too.

Our offensive line has been admirable with the injuries and based on their opponent (just a killer row of defensive fronts since week 3) but they have to start performing better to allow our passing game to thrive.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Packers Defense Total Yards: 7th with 331 yards per game
Packers Passing Defense: 6th with 211 yards per game
Packers Rushing Defense: 22nd with 121 yards per game

Packers Defense Points Allowed: 7th with 20.9 points per game
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I think right now our defensive statistics are being inflated due to the opponents we are facing. I think we are likely more in that 9th to 12th range (maybe 10th to 13th) rather than 6th to 8th range. Still pretty admirable considering we are not playing with 2 All Pro players the last few weeks and relying on guys we signed 10 days ago or less.

I would say our weakness at this point is allowing opposing QBs to make big plays with their feet. We also have issues finishing plays which has been a weakness of the Packers defense my whole life. The players are in position, they just don't make the play whether it be a sack, a tackle or turning their head around and knocking the ball down.

I feel like I have been noticing a lot less of Tyler Lancaster and a lot more of Lowry and Keke playing the last few weeks. Likely a cause of why our rush defense isn't as strong, but they also have been producing more in the passing defense attack.
Yoop wrote: