Rank the Roster 2020: #3

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Who is the next best player on the Packers?

Poll ended at 30 Apr 2020 22:10

David Bakhtiari
29%
Kenny Clark
5%
Davante Adams
19%
Jaire Alexander
No votes
Aaron Jones
43%
Adrian Amos
No votes
Corey Linsley
No votes
Preston Smith
No votes
Elgton Jenkins
5%
Darnell Savage
No votes

Total votes: 21

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
30 Apr 2020 11:30
Does going RB round 2 not point toward Jones being on his way out?

For the record, i would love the best 1 2 punch in the league and to have Dillon and Jones for a few seasons...i just see going rb at round 2 pointing toward Jones being out the door after this season. Could be wrong.
I don't because they're completely complementary backs, not replacements.

I said at the time, this pick replaces/upgrades Jamaal Williams a year early, not Aaron Jones. Plus, it doesn't at all change the financial equation. If they were going to pay Jones top RB money, they'd want the rest of the position to be stocked with low-value rookie contracts... like Dillon and Dexter Williams?

They may still let Jones walk, but they'd have to replace him in next year's draft still. I don't see Dillon as a particularly relevant factor in Jones' contract except for a failsafe if they don't get anyone new and Jones prices himself out of GB

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Drj820 wrote:
NCF wrote:
30 Apr 2020 10:27
Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Apr 2020 10:25
I pick Jones of Bakhtiari here, but I full expect us to sign Bakhtiari over Jones. That said, we are talking 2020 only, so I am not factoring in who we keep after this season.
My point was I believe the Packers value Jones over Bak, now. Simply my opinion.
In 2020, which these ranking are for, absolutely not.
For the record, i would love the best 1 2 punch in the league and to have Dillon and Jones for a few seasons...i just see going rb at round 2 pointing toward Jones being out the door after this season. Could be wrong.
That's what it may signal, I don't think so, but if it does that's not the concern of these rankings.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Kenny
Adams
Bak
Jones

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Pckfn23 wrote:
30 Apr 2020 12:23
Drj820 wrote:
NCF wrote:
30 Apr 2020 10:27

My point was I believe the Packers value Jones over Bak, now. Simply my opinion.
In 2020, which these ranking are for, absolutely not.
That's what it may signal, I don't think so, but if it does that's not the concern of these rankings.
yeah that question wasnt in regards to the rankings. More responding to NCFs comments about how this move leads him to believe the team is prioritizing jones over Bak.
Last edited by Drj820 on 30 Apr 2020 13:41, edited 1 time in total.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

:aok: :thwap:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Z maybe be in tier 1.5 after Rodgers as the clear #2, but I really don’t think you are wrong for #3 if you say any of Bak, Kenny, Adams or Jones.

Definite cliff after those 4, as of now. Would sure be great if Jaire and Elgton enter that tier this year. Or even guys like Gary or Savage.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

BF004 wrote:
30 Apr 2020 13:47
Z maybe be in tier 1.5 after Rodgers as the clear #2, but I really don’t think you are wrong for #3 if you say any of Bak, Kenny, Adams or Jones.

Definite cliff after those 4, as of now. Would sure be great if Jaire and Elgton enter that tier this year. Or even guys like Gary or Savage.
yeah 4 of top 5 were all TT draft picks. Would love to start seeing some of Guteys join the top ranks. My best bet for who will do that first would be Jaire and Jenkins.
"You guys are watching too much Andy Herman"-P23

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

RB shelf life tends to be short, but this is a poll that's only about 2020. Thus I go Jones, who could very well have his career peak year coming up...

Next pick won't be any easier.

Backthepack4ever
Reactions:

Post by Backthepack4ever »

BF004 wrote:
30 Apr 2020 13:47

Agree. 2 more guys that join this tier could be what it takes to get to the finish line. If we can have a team with 7 or 8 red/blue type players and solid starters around thats a nice dang roster.

I'm still staying with bak but nice arguments for jones. :clap:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Who is the best player? Devante Adams. No question.

But when Adams went out, we saw how the offense didn't miss a beat and I therefore think Jones is more important for our scheme. I can't really say anything beyond that.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Since Bakh should be #1 and Jones should be #2 ............. then #3 is Jenkins. End of story unless Clark is #3 :thwap:

Cdragon
Reactions:

Post by Cdragon »

You can't just credit Jones with 4 wins while Davante was out. 2 of those games he was well under 100 yards combined. In 2 he blew it up. Davante was damaged and still created a lot of O with a bad foot. He will always be ARs first target. That's where i'm going.