Green Bay Packers @ Arizona Cardinals - Thursday 7:20 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

It's week 8. A win is big, but a loss doesn't doom us.
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

go pak go wrote:
25 Oct 2021 08:45
YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Oct 2021 08:44
Yeah, I don't think this is any sort of a lost cause. If Stokes is our only CB again like he was this week, I will not read a single thing into a loss here. I see the imbalance between our two teams right now as temporary and injury-related, not as a statement about who either team is.
I agree. It's why I'm bummed on the timing.

A month from now and I think this would be a really, really good game.
I personally find it hard to believe we're at 6-1 while missing three premium position All-Pro -level players and so many others. There's deep quality and resilience to this team. I can't count them out vs any team.

But if it's a loss, doesn't mean our SB hopes are buried. In a couple of months, it could be us at full strength and the Cards missing three All-Pros...

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

Whats hard to believe is that it is already week 8
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Oct 2021 09:14
Whats hard to believe is that it is already week 8
It is unbelievable how fast the NFL season goes when you are good.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:
Yeah, I don't think this is any sort of a lost cause. If Stokes is our only CB again like he was this week, I will not read a single thing into a loss here. I see the imbalance between our two teams right now as temporary and injury-related, not as a statement about who either team is.

Yeah, I'm in no way willing to use a Thursday night road game without Jaire and a smattering of other important players as a measuring stick. It's not. It's a very tough game. We could still win. I'm not a fatalist. But I'm not using this game to "learn" about how our team matches up.

We took care of what we needed to take care of in this part of our schedule. If we go 3-2 or 2-3 over the next five games, we still set up extremely well to get a 2 or 3 seed in the NFC.

Better than that? We're in the mix for the bye and 1-seed, which I'm not trying to downplay as significant. But where we are right now? I'm happy to just keep truckin' and hope we get healthy and gel at the right time. We're building for a playoff run. The regular season is our preseason, so long as we take care of business, and we've done that thus far.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

you just said we'd probably lose no matter what, your a Debra downer :rotf:

I think if Bak plays where in this thing all the way, we move Jenkins back to LG and pound the pig, we just knocked the rust off off Lazard and Tonyan and if Jones and Dillon move the chains those two will see more targets, keep the pass rush relentless as we did in the 2nd half yesterday and I think we match up better then people realize.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Not ideal.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
25 Oct 2021 09:31
go pak go wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

where?
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
25 Oct 2021 09:34
Not ideal.
hahaha

ohno

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Jeff Janis should be honorary captain.

Damarious Randall should have to do the post game laundry by hand.

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:
go pak go wrote:

where?
off of 1st page, 2nd sentence, last paragraph :lol:

Based on our current health, I do not give us much of a chance in this game. I always felt this was going to be loss regardless. Unfortunately the Cardinals have been winning way more than I expected and therefore a loss will likely be the end of #1 seed hopes unless the Rams can somehow win the division.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

paco wrote:
Not ideal.
Strange to me they can’t get him, and Kingsbury two weeks ago, up into a private booth.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Oct 2021 09:27
go pak go wrote:
YoHoChecko wrote:

Yeah, I'm in no way willing to use a Thursday night road game without Jaire and a smattering of other important players as a measuring stick. It's not. It's a very tough game. We could still win. I'm not a fatalist. But I'm not using this game to "learn" about how our team matches up.

We took care of what we needed to take care of in this part of our schedule. If we go 3-2 or 2-3 over the next five games, we still set up extremely well to get a 2 or 3 seed in the NFC.

Better than that? We're in the mix for the bye and 1-seed, which I'm not trying to downplay as significant. But where we are right now? I'm happy to just keep truckin' and hope we get healthy and gel at the right time. We're building for a playoff run. The regular season is our preseason, so long as we take care of business, and we've done that thus far.
I look at this game as gambling with house money.

We should lose and likely will lose but as you stated it's not a measuring stick game unless our guys on PUP and IR never return.

The pressure is on AZ. I have no expectations on Thursday. I'm just gonna enjoy the game. Kind of freeing actually.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yoop wrote:
25 Oct 2021 09:45
go pak go wrote:
Yoop wrote:

where?
off of 1st page, 2nd sentence, last paragraph :lol:

Based on our current health, I do not give us much of a chance in this game. I always felt this was going to be loss regardless. Unfortunately the Cardinals have been winning way more than I expected and therefore a loss will likely be the end of #1 seed hopes unless the Rams can somehow win the division.
I stand by that statement 100%.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

go pak go wrote:
25 Oct 2021 09:45
I look at this game as gambling with house money.

We should lose and likely will lose but as you stated it's not a measuring stick game unless our guys on PUP and IR never return.

The pressure is on AZ. I have no expectations on Thursday. I'm just gonna enjoy the game. Kind of freeing actually.
:aok:

Exact

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Screw all you guys who don’t think we can win. Asinine.

Will we win? I’d imagine <50% odds, but $%@# if we can’t win.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

BF004 wrote:
25 Oct 2021 09:47

I don't think anyone has said we can't. Me and go pack go seem pessimistic but both have gone out of the way to say we may win anyway, but the expectations, given the health, are low. Who is saying we can't?

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

Also, how does it always seem these potential like, #1 seed implication games mid season are always on the road. We never get these at home.

I do gotta say I’d be liking our odds really really well if this was in Lambeau.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
25 Oct 2021 09:47

I thought you were a stats guy? :lol:

Don't think we can win is very different than not thinking we will win.

Absolutely have a chance. I'd say 20% to 30% chance.

Feel like this is a lot of disagreement language when at the heart of the matter we are in agreement.
Yoop wrote:

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
25 Oct 2021 09:48
Also, how does it always seem these potential like, #1 seed implication games mid season are always on the road. We never get these at home.

I do gotta say I’d be liking our odds really really well if this was in Lambeau.
If LA Rams beat the Cardinals in a few weeks, it may end up being a very different story where we finally get to host that pivatol Conference game.

But I agree. It does always seem like the big NFC monster is always us playing them on the road.

at Philly in the 2000's
at Dallas in 2007
at Atlanta in 2011
at Seattle 2014
at Arizona 2015
at Atlanta 2016
at San Fran 2019
at Tampa 2020

Only one I can think of we hosted the NFC monster was 2012 vs San Fran (but it was week 1 so it didn't feel like it)
Yoop wrote: