Green Bay Packers @ Arizona Cardinals - Thursday 7:20 PM CST

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Oct 2021 09:48
BF004 wrote:
25 Oct 2021 09:47
Screw all you guys who don’t think we can win. Asinine.

Will we win? I’d imagine <50% odds, but $%@# if we can’t win.
I don't think anyone has said we can't. Me and go pack go seem pessimistic but both have gone out of the way to say we may win anyway, but the expectations, given the health, are low. Who is saying we can't?
well this comment from GPG is about as close to saying we can't win as it gets

We should lose and likely will lose

words like that suck the breath right out of the faithful fans like me :rotf:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

BF004 wrote:

I'm with you on this! Losers mentality in here! Is it going to be hard? Yeah, of course it is. But in Vegas shows this thing as almost even. Cardinals are a 3.5 point favorite.

Cardinals for sure have good wins, but they've also beaten up on teams like the 49ers, Jaguars, and Texans. Despite being home, they are coming off an even shorter week (by a few hours).

You want to be the best, you have to beat the best. I have no reason to believe the Packers will lay another egg like week 1.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

YoHoChecko wrote:
BF004 wrote:

I don't think anyone has said we can't. Me and go pack go seem pessimistic but both have gone out of the way to say we may win anyway, but the expectations, given the health, are low. Who is saying we can't?

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

BF004 wrote:
25 Oct 2021 09:57
YoHoChecko wrote:
BF004 wrote:

Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Can I just say how much I love that this forum brings out nerd terms like:

1. R
2. standard deviation
3. Regression back to the mean
4. Writeoffs
5. etc. etc.

You are my people. :lol:
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

Drj820
Reactions:

Post by Drj820 »

go pak go wrote:
25 Oct 2021 09:52
BF004 wrote:

I thought you were a stats guy? :lol:

Don't think we can win is very different than not thinking we will win.

Absolutely have a chance. I'd say 20% to 30% chance.

Feel like this is a lot of disagreement language when at the heart of the matter we are in agreement.
Im in disagreement because i think our chances are much higher that 25% (average of your two options)

Myself and Las Vegas see this is basically a toss up
I Do Not Hate Matt Lafleur

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Taking a quick look at depth charts, here's where I would give the edge.
QB - Even - This is really close. Kyler playing great, but Rodgers starting to as well. Kyler's legs and the damage they can do put this even for me.
RB - Packers
OL - Packers - Even with Bakh and Myers out, I give us a slight edge.
TE - Even - Too close to call.
WR - Cardinals, only because their depth is better. Hopkins and Adams equal each other out.

IDL - Packers
ILB - Cardinals - I give them the edge in the depth department
Pass rushers - Even - Sack and pressure numbers are very close. Maybe a slight edge to them, but we are getting better each week.
CB - Even - Assuming Jaire is out, I'll call this even. They don't have a premier CB either.
S - Even - They have some good safeties, but so do we.

ST - Even. Bojo is a weapon, but they are solid too.

Overall, this will come down to who makes mistakes and who isn't able to get in the endzone. The teams are remarkably even in a lot of statistical categories. The Cardinals have probably been more efficient and we still have that week 1 game hanging over our heads. But looking at them head to head, we shouldn't be scared.

Limit Kyler being able to run and extend plays. Don't let Hopkins kill you. Run it up the gut, they are weaker there. Dillon should be a big part of the gameplan.
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

I feel like we didn't run the ball vs Washington partially because of their front 7 and also because it is a way to keep our backs fresh for Thursday.

I like that.
Yoop wrote:

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Oct 2021 10:14
But they don't.

I understand that Vegas gives some extra points to the home team--I'd imagine that 3-point standard rule has diminished because Vegas responds to reality and home field clearly has lower worth now than in the past. So maybe they're saying it's 2.5 points for home field and 1 point for them being better.

But that's if you're using point spreads to evaluate the quality of the teams. But I'm not. We DO play on the road. In real life, this game is a Thursday night road game. The 3.5 point spread does not indicate a toss-up. A 3.5 point spread indicates an expected win percentage for the favorite of around 60-70%. So Vegas is a lot closer to saying a 30% chance of a win than it is to saying it's a toss-up. :mrgreen:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

YoHoChecko wrote:
25 Oct 2021 10:28
Drj820 wrote:
25 Oct 2021 10:14
But they don't.

I understand that Vegas gives some extra points to the home team--I'd imagine that 3-point standard rule has diminished because Vegas responds to reality and home field clearly has lower worth now than in the past. So maybe they're saying it's 2.5 points for home field and 1 point for them being better.

But that's if you're using point spreads to evaluate the quality of the teams. But I'm not. We DO play on the road. In real life, this game is a Thursday night road game. The 3.5 point spread does not indicate a toss-up. A 3.5 point spread indicates an expected win percentage for the favorite of around 60-70%. So Vegas is a lot closer to saying a 30% chance of a win than it is to saying it's a toss-up. :mrgreen:
So does that mean that the Lions being 16 point dogs had a negative eleventy percent chance of winning?
RIP JustJeff

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

paco wrote:
25 Oct 2021 10:33
So does that mean that the Lions being 16 point dogs had a negative eleventy percent chance of winning?
Exactly! See, now we're communicating

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

This game is a nice reminder of how far we have come since the last time these two teams met on December 2nd, 2018.

Read More. Post Less.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

BF004 wrote:
25 Oct 2021 09:44
Jeff Janis should be honorary captain.

Damarious Randall should have to do the post game laundry by hand.
If we win that game Janis is set for the rest of his life. Radio shows, commercials, statues, etc... instead Randall royally $%@# up and people forget the heroics Janis put on display. The chances of catching 2 Hail Marys in one drive over Patrick Peterson in his prime is so low.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
25 Oct 2021 12:52
This game is a nice reminder of how far we have come since the last time these two teams met on December 2nd, 2018.
The best field goal miss in Packers history.

What's even crazier is the Packers, Cardinals and Mike McCarthy are all winners right now.

Poor Steve Wilks didn't get the rub off. (although I believe the camera was only showing Byron Leftwich that goal game)
Yoop wrote:

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

RIP JustJeff

NCF
Reactions:

Post by NCF »

paco wrote:
25 Oct 2021 13:38
Just seems like one more thing for the Cardinals to look at and say, "We got these guys." I still think we are going to fly out there and just kick them in the junk from the opening kick-off.

Read More. Post Less.

Captain_Ben
Reactions:

Post by Captain_Ben »

As someone who has been out of the loop (relatively) on non-Packer NFL news these past couple seasons, how in the hell have the Arizona Cardinals become the best team in the conference?

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

Captain_Ben wrote:
25 Oct 2021 13:54
As someone who has been out of the loop (relatively) on non-Packer NFL news these past couple seasons, how in the hell have the Arizona Cardinals become the best team in the conference?
Developed a young QB and put the pieces around him to be successful. Good free agent pickups. Good scheme. Good drafting.

But mostly, its fleecing the Texans to get Hopkins. The Texans help everyone but the Texans win.
RIP JustJeff

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

NCF wrote:
25 Oct 2021 13:49
paco wrote:
Just seems like one more thing for the Cardinals to look at and say, "We got these guys." I still think we are going to fly out there and just kick them in the junk from the opening kick-off.
Well hopefully there is no contact on opening kickoff and we kick a $%@# touchback.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

NCF wrote:
25 Oct 2021 13:49
paco wrote:
The only MLF Lambeau Field loss in the regular season was like that.

We had every advantage over Philly that night in 2019 and yet couldn't come away with the victory.
Yoop wrote: