Football Team @ Packers, Official GDT, Noon, Oct. 24th

From Lambeau to Lombardi, Holmgren, McCarthy and LaFleur and from Starr to Favre, Rodgers and now Jordan Love we’re talking Super Bowl Champion Green Bay Packers football. This Packers Forum is the place to talk NFL football and everything Packers. So, pull up a keyboard, make yourself at home and let’s talk some Packers football.

Moderators: NCF, salmar80, BF004, APB, Packfntk

Yoop
Reactions:

Post by Yoop »

go pak go wrote:
25 Oct 2021 06:14
williewasgreat wrote:
25 Oct 2021 05:13
Pugger wrote:
24 Oct 2021 17:40

An asterisk? Why? A win is a win in this league. There are no style points in the NFL. The WFT won their division last year and I was impressed with that defense of theirs. We had 4 starters on D out too. This was a big win because next week is gonna be a major challenge on a short week against an undefeated team.
The asterisk was for calling the defense, "dominant." It was not meant as toward the game overall. Dominant defenses do not allow over 400 yards. WFT mistakes had a lot to do with them not scoring more points. It's great that the defense did not allow more than ten points, but they were not dominant.
I think at this point we are finding we are a top 10 defense with an offense that is probably around average. Maybe top 10 offense too if they have to.

We have beaten up teams that we should beat up with good wins on the road vs San Fran and Cincy. All other teams we should have beaten we have beat by double digits which is what you would expect; what has been impressive is we are doing this with a lot of injuries.

Overall our players have had up and down seasons with the primary consistent performers being Clark, Adams and Campbell. I think Gary is getting close to being in that group as well. Maybe Stokes too.

Our offensive line has been admirable with the injuries and based on their opponent (just a killer row of defensive fronts since week 3) but they have to start performing better to allow our passing game to thrive.
Gary is on pace for 8 to 10 sacks and 70 plus pressures and you don't think he belongs in the group with Clark, Adams and Campbell? we are getting very good play from others as well, Sullivan, Stokes, Lowery, Amos, I think this might be the best defensive performance yet, and it's missing at least 4 starters or major rotation players.

Washington has one of the best front 4 we'll face all year, still this patchwork OL did a admiral job of giving Rodgers time to complete 77% of his throws, thats pretty dang good to me.

lupedafiasco
Reactions:

Post by lupedafiasco »

I'm happy with the win. Dont really care how its done right now, although I will say its about to be week 8. This team really needs to start finding its stride in all 3 phases. There is just way too much inconsistency for my liking. A lot of that is on injuries so we will see how that shakes out moving forward but things like the FG unit just botching so many kicks on the year, blown coverages in the redzone, rush lanes being abandoned, blown blocking assignments... These things should be cleaned up this deep into the season IMO.
Cancelled by the forum elites.

salmar80
Reactions:

Post by salmar80 »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Oct 2021 06:10
dsr wrote:
25 Oct 2021 04:38
YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Oct 2021 17:00
If he was giving himself up to avoid a hit or tackle, sure. This was a guy on the wide open field with no threat to him who didn’t go feet first. It was dumb. Not a soul would have complained if they called it a TD and never reviewed. Sure, Taylor will learn from his mistake, but to me the consequence was far too great for the mistake
That's very well in theory, and I agree in theory that he should have had a TD. But not in practice.

In practice, the law says, as it must say, that if the QB gives himself up, he gives himself up full stop, no question. You can't have a law where the defender has to work out why the QB is sliding before deciding whether to tackle. Either the QB is performing an action during which he can be tackled, or he is performing an action which saves him from being tackled, and the reason behind the action is irrelevant.
Was he giving himself up or diving to the goal line? Looked like an unathletic (even tho he seems fairly athletic) dive to the goal line to me.
Doesn't matter. They expanded the QB sliding/giving himself up rule to include not doing it feet first. QBs were getting hit late when diving to the ground in cases where there was no opportunity to do a proper feet first slide. So all going to the ground on your own is sliding. Since there was no one close to Heinike when he dove on his own, by rule, he gave himself up. Funnily if there had been players trying to stop him from crossing the plane, it might have been viewed as a dive for the goal line.

I love it that one of the QB protections that drive defenders mad came back to bite a QB. :mrgreen: Shoulda dove better or not at all.

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Yeah I just don't hate the rule. QBs get so much rule protection that they take advantage of. Very things !@#$ me off more than Russell Wilson taking advantage of "can't hit a QB as he is going out of bounds" and he always gets that extra 2 - 3 yards side stepping because defenders can't touch him.

Either pull back on QB hit rules and let them be actual players on the field (which is what I would prefer) or make them like this where you have these rules and go by the letter of the law.

The offense just gets so much advantage that I don't have a problem with it.

Side note. I was so angry for Rasul Douglass yesterday. The dude literally makes one of the best plays a CB can make against a top end WR and gets called. Then the next play he takes out his anger on an amazing run stuff and then hurts himself in the process. The mental toughness to get through that injustice is something I felt bad about.

He is a really good player. Like a player we need to find ways of getting on the field even if we get 23 back.
Yoop wrote:
26 May 2021 11:22
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

paco
Reactions:

Post by paco »

:heart:
RIP JustJeff

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

Whitney Mercilus might actually be enough to offset the dropoff from no Z'adarius Smith.

If we can just somehow get an effective Jaw back, I think there is a lot of reasons to be super excited about this football team.
Yoop wrote:
could we get some moderation in here to get rid of conspiracy theory's, some in here are trying to have a adult conversation.

TheSkeptic
Reactions:

Post by TheSkeptic »

go pak go wrote:
25 Oct 2021 09:07
Whitney Mercilus might actually be enough to offset the dropoff from no Z'adarius Smith.

If we can just somehow get an effective Jaw back, I think there is a lot of reasons to be super excited about this football team.
https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2021/1 ... er-injury/

https://www.wiscnews.com/sports/footbal ... fa6e2.html

Getting these 2 back in a few weeks will be huge.

YoHoChecko
Reactions:

Post by YoHoChecko »

"Coming out of halftime, I told the guys 'we ain't got no contract with them; we don't have to give them a set amount of plays. We can make this a one play drive,' and Rashan took it to heart."

- DeVondre Campbell

:banana:

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

go pak go wrote:
24 Oct 2021 17:46
That is just not how I imagined Ringo to look like at all.

This was always the image of Ringo in my head at Packers game (drunk as hell is also an important feature)

Side note. I have met this guy in the photo. The man was dddrrruuuuuunnnnkkkkkkkk. :lol:

Just assumed it was always Ringo.

image.png
Drunk at a Packers game! Hard to remember how many times that ever happened.
:beer: :beer:

dsr
Reactions:

Post by dsr »

Drj820 wrote:
25 Oct 2021 06:10
dsr wrote:
25 Oct 2021 04:38
YoHoChecko wrote:
24 Oct 2021 17:00
If he was giving himself up to avoid a hit or tackle, sure. This was a guy on the wide open field with no threat to him who didn’t go feet first. It was dumb. Not a soul would have complained if they called it a TD and never reviewed. Sure, Taylor will learn from his mistake, but to me the consequence was far too great for the mistake
That's very well in theory, and I agree in theory that he should have had a TD. But not in practice.

In practice, the law says, as it must say, that if the QB gives himself up, he gives himself up full stop, no question. You can't have a law where the defender has to work out why the QB is sliding before deciding whether to tackle. Either the QB is performing an action during which he can be tackled, or he is performing an action which saves him from being tackled, and the reason behind the action is irrelevant.
Was he giving himself up or diving to the goal line? Looked like an unathletic (even tho he seems fairly athletic) dive to the goal line to me.
I'm sure he was diving for the goalline. But the rules say that if the QB takes a dive he is giving himself up and cannot be hit. You can have a law that says the defender can't tackle him when he's diving; you can't have a law that says the defender may or may not be able to tackle the QB depending on what the QB is thinking.

mnpackerbacker
Reactions:

Post by mnpackerbacker »

BF004 wrote:
25 Oct 2021 12:35

Douglas has been a gift from the football gods. Considering who he has had to replace, and given the circumstance.

BF004
Reactions:

Post by BF004 »

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-week-7-gam ... ll-team-10

GREEN BAY PACKERS

Quarterback

Aaron Rodgers was as dialed as he's been all season. He finished with a hyper-accurate 84.4% adjusted completion percentage on the day. On passes thrown 10 or more yards down the field, Rodgers finished a scintillating 9-of-11 for 152 yards and two scores.

Running backs

A.J. Dillon had a rough day at the office. He fumbled twice, one on a reception and one on a fourth-quarter run. If he’s going to be the finisher he was billed as when the Packers drafted him in the second round, that can’t happen.

Receivers/tight ends

Green Bay finally had some other receivers get involved outside of Davante Adams. Allen Lazard hauled in five of his six targets for 60 yards and a score, while Big Bob Tonyan got into the action with four catches for 63 yards and his one score. Having more reliable options will only help the Packers long-term.

Offensive line

The Packers' offensive line has to be thanking Aaron Rodgers for being behind center because they were getting thoroughly whipped throughout the day. The pressure numbers aren’t indicative of how bad it got. The lone bright spot continued to be Elgton Jenkins at left tackle, who again didn’t allow a pressure.

Defensive line

It was a career day for Rashan Gary, who made arguably the biggest play of the day for Green Bay’s defense. He racked up seven pressures, including a massive sack-fumble that put the Packers in prime scoring position.

Linebackers

I don’t know where this De’Vondre Campbell came from, but he’s transformed the Packers defense. He notched four defensive stops on the day, including the massive goal-line forced fumble. He entered Week 7 as the highest-graded linebacker in the NFL, and that won’t be changing after this performance.

Secondary

Chandon Sullivan had a career day on Sunday. He was targeted four times and allowed only three catches for 17 yards with a key red-zone interception in the fourth quarter. Only one of those targets went for a first down.

RingoCStarrQB
Reactions:

Post by RingoCStarrQB »

Twas awfully nice to see Pam Oliver in top form.

APB
Reactions:

Post by APB »

RingoCStarrQB wrote:
26 Oct 2021 20:08
Twas awfully nice to see Pam Oliver in top form.
I think you’re still drunk and likely slurring as bad as she was on Sunday.

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

The best 37 yard punt in the history of the NFL:
Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

Palmy - "Very few have the ability to truly excel regardless of system. For many the system is the difference between being just a guy or an NFL starter. Fact is, everyone is talented at this level."

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »

go pak go
Reactions:

Post by go pak go »

It's really frustrating that the refs took away likely some of the best plays by players who don't make them often two weeks in a row based on PI calls.

EQ and Douglass got screwed. I just hate that for them and the game itself.
Yoop wrote:

Pckfn23
Reactions:

Post by Pckfn23 »